Internet Explorer gone Berserk

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 06:55 pm
I have a problem. (Well, that's not actually new, is it.) From time to time, without warning, as I'm looking for something or other on the 'net, Internet Explorer will suddenly open a blank page and keep on doing so regardless of what I try to do to close the page. My ISP is AOL and I've found the only way to solve the problem is to give the three-finger salute (ctrl+alt+delete) and get the hell offline. And sometimes that, too, takes a repeated command to even work.

It's not a constant problem but it has happened three or four times in the past two or three months. Any thoughts on what causes this? Or how to fix it?

View best answer, chosen by Merry Andrew
Intrepid

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 10:02 pm
@Merry Andrew,
The solution may appear drastic, but it works. First shut down IE and all open programs. Next shut down the computer. Remove all cables and store computer in a closet until Spring. Use the time to catch up on reading and complete the chores on your honeydew list.
gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 10:04 pm
I have the same problem, Merry. It only seems to happen, however, when I explore the bestiality sites. Perhaps that is your problem as well?
Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 10:05 pm
@Intrepid,
Great idea, Intrepid. I appreiate it. See ya next Summer!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 10:06 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
I dunno, Gus. Is A2k considered a bestiality site?
0 Replies

Foxfyre
  Selected Answer

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 10:09 pm
My best guess is you've picked up a rather benign Trojan that is playing games with your computer. I would run a good malware/spyware cleaner....would probably fix the problem.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 10:13 pm
Merry wrote:
I dunno, Gus. Is A2k considered a bestiality site?

Depends if I'm on line or not.
0 Replies