Wed 4 Feb, 2009 05:08 pm
THIS IS TRUE & VERIFIED ON SNOPES.COM
Recently someone had to have their 5-year old German Shepherd dog put down due To liver failure. The dog was completely healthy until a few weeks ago, so they Had a necropsy done to see what the cause was. The liver levels were Unbelievable, as if the dog had ingested poison of some kind.
The dog was kept inside, and when he's outside, someone's With him, so the idea of him getting into something unknown was hard to believe.
My neighbor started going through all the items in the house. When he got to The Swiffer Wetjet, he noticed, in very tiny print, a warning which stated "may be harmful to small children and animals."
He called the company to Ask what the contents of the cleaning agent are and was Astounded to find out that antifreeze is one of the ingredients (actually, he Was told it's a compound which is one molecule away from antifreeze.)
Therefore, just by the dog walking on the floor cleaned with the solution, then licking its own paws, it ingested enough of the solution to destroy its liver. Soon after his dog's death, his housekeeper's two cats also died of Liver failure. They both used the Swifter Wet jet for quick cleanups on their Floors. Necropsies weren't done on the cats, so they couldn't file a Lawsuit, but he asked that we spread the word to as many people as possible so they don't lose their animals. This is equally harmful to babies and small children that play on the floor a Lot and put their fingers in their mouths a lot.
PLEASE, EVEN IF YOU DO NOT HAVE BABIES, SMALL CHILDREN OR OWN A PET; PLEASE FORWARD THIS ON! YOU MAY NOT HAVE ANY CHILDREN OR PETS BUT SOME OF YOU HAVE FRIENDS OR FAMILY WITH PETS AND ALSO FAMILIES WITH GRANDCHILDREN AND GREAT GRANDCHILDREN
Snopes says it is a false claim. Anytime these emails say it is true according to Snopes you can almost guarantee the opposite is true. They say that so you won't bother to check for yourself.
It's good to have a thread like this to expose these things from time to time.
yeh but isnt P&G the company that worships the devil and has a satanic logo?
Dr Pepper puts cough syrup in its formula.
It's not Buckley's, is it?
No, EB, it ain't Buckley's, you can be sure of that . . .
Too bad, that would explain the horrible taste.
Not all of us think Dr. Pepper tastes horrible, Mame . . . i suspect, though, that everyone who has ever tasted Buckley's thinks it tastes horrible.
Yeah, it's just me. I think all pop is horrible tasting. But you're right, Buckley's is worse.
But it works!
I think i might know the reason, at least in part, Mame, for your disgust with Dr. Pepper (and you are not alone, not everyone hates it, not everyone likes it). I stopped at a service center near Chatham on my way to the border once, and among other things, bought a liter of DP. While waiting in line at Customs and Immigration in Detroit, i was idly reading the label of the DP, and saw "ethylene glycol." "Ethylene glycol ? ! ? ! ?" i thought, "Jesus H. Christ, that's anti-freeze!" When i pulled over in Ohio to get something to eat on the way home, i pulled a liter of DP out of the cooler and read the label--no ethylene glycol in the American made DP.
The ingredients in the soft drink Squirt:
Carbonated Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup and/or Sugar and Less Than 2% of: Concentrated Grapefruit Juices, Citric Acid, Modified Food Starch, Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Natural Flavors, Glycerol Ester of Wood Rosin, Brominated Vegetable Oil
Glycerol Ester of Wood Rosin and Brominated Vegetable Oil?
Hate to see what's in the Canadian version.
As it turns out, this story if bullshit. Check out http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/swiffer.asp
That's the real poop from Snopes.
I saw... I wondered why after putting all I had left in the cats water dish they still seemed chipper....
I thought it was prunes Edgar