georgeob1

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 08:17 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

I would support Dean, also Edwards.

Edwards is toast in the public mind - no chance. There appears to be some antipathy between Obama and Dean, given his exclusion from the limelight so far.

President Obama needs to strike his own course here, avoiding the barons of the Democrat party who, frankly speaking, are his competitors.
dyslexia

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 08:39 pm
@georgeob1,
Georgeob, can I assume you're suggesting I stick with Kucinich?
PDiddie

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 08:40 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
When the nation watched horrified while the government fumbled painfully in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, Michael Chertoff blamed it on phantom headlines, George Bush assured Brownie he was 'doing a heckuva job,' and right-wing pundits eagerly acquitted the White House by trying to lay the whole mess at the feet of the victims and any Democrat within 1000 miles of Louisiana.

When George Bush and his merry band of neoclowns stampeded a panicked nation into an ill-conceived war against Iraq and rolled snake-eyes on catching bin Laden it was all because of 'bad intel' and blown all out of proportion by biased, 'liberal reporters'.

The economic meltdown was brought on by the unbridled greed of middle class home buyers with 650 FICO scores; politicization of the Justice Department was an artifact of an overzealous congressional witch hunt; Sarah Palin was a superbly qualified candidate unfairly slimed by savage bloggers.

And on, and on, and on. If excuses were assholes, the conservative beast would be studded with ugly sphincters oozing an endless stream of foul bullshit from head to toe.

I'd prefer a President who is flawless. But after 8 years of conservative 'blame gaming,' endless Republican evasion and stonewalling and crazed wingnut finger pointing, I'll settle for one that can construct coherent sentences and tell the truth at the same time. I'll happily support a President with enough respect for We the People to look us in the eye and own up.

Forgotten what honesty looks like? It looks like change.

Sit on it and twist, george.
maporsche

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 08:42 pm
@PDiddie,
Quote:
The economic meltdown was brought on by the unbridled greed of middle class home buyers with 650 FICO scores;

Seriously!?!

People wanted to buy houses to live in, fulfill the American dream; the vast majority of them were NOT greedy.
PDiddie

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 08:43 pm
@maporsche,
Not a fan of irony, I see.
maporsche

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 08:45 pm
@PDiddie,
Maybe I don't understand the definition of irony.

Would you mind spelling it out for me (like I was a child)?
georgeob1

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 08:47 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

Georgeob, can I assume you're suggesting I stick with Kucinich?

Kucinich could provide some badly needed comic relief. Twisted Evil

Clearly you have recovered - ole Dys is himself again ! Damn !!
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 08:48 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
People wanted to buy houses to live in, fulfill the American dream; the vast majority of them were NOT greedy

Bullshit, the majority was solidly behind stealing from the follow on generations, with the soul purpose of feeding the greed. Still are as a matter of fact, which is how the leaders can get away with adding trillions of dollars in debt over just a few months in the attempt to restart the economy. Actually fixing the problems that caused the economy to crash has not yet even been discussed. as usual America thinks a working charge card solves all problems.
PDiddie

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 08:48 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
Would you mind spelling it out for me (like I was a child)?

Yes, I would (mind).
maporsche

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 09:20 pm
@hawkeye10,
We're talking about the HOMEOWNERS here, not the banks.
maporsche

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 09:21 pm
@PDiddie,
Ok, so you don't understand the irony either.

That's what I thought.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 09:40 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
We're talking about the HOMEOWNERS here, not the banks

and so am I. Homeowners are the same people who have been overwhelmingly willing to steal from their kids. That the majority of Americans can no longer hold dominion over their greed is not in doubt based upon the last many decades of majority behaviour. I see no evidence that the bankers have been any more greedy and unprincipled than the rest of us have been, it is only easier to see the bad results with them, and blame them than it is to look honestly at the rest of us.
farmerman

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 11:13 pm
@hawkeye10,
I can fel the love here.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 01:11 am
@hawkeye10,
The homeowners, by and large, did nothing wrong at all, at least nothing illegal or immoral. They followed the basic rules of capitalism. Bankers are the ones who have been in this business forever.

How many of these scumbuckets are recycled from the savings and loan scandals of the past. Bankers are supposed to be conservative, bankers are supposed to lend money to credit worthy individuals because any banker with half a brain knows that repayment can only follow with folks who can afford the payments.

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 01:13 am
@PDiddie,
PD, isn't this Able 2 Know? Wink
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 01:13 am
@PDiddie,
Honesty is not Gob1's long suit.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 09:41 am
@JTT,

The same can be said for PrezBO and his ilk.

http://www.athenswater.com/images/PrezBO.jpg
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 09:53 am
@Butrflynet,
Ryan J. Davis
Posted February 3, 2009
Howard Dean For HHS

Health and Human Services. Howard Dean is the man for that job.

Dean isn't given enough credit for his expert chairmanship of the Democratic National Committee. His "50 State Strategy" is as responsible for Obama's large victory in 2008 as any other factor. Not to mention the 2006 congressional gains. He rebuilt the grass roots of the Democratic Party from the ground up, organizing a whole generation of young leaders.

His record as a five-term governor of Vermont is strong, including providing near-universal heath coverage. During his gubernatorial reelection bid, he had to wear a bulletproof vest because of death threats he'd received due to his support for gay civil unions.

Personally, Dean inspired me enough in 2003 that I moved to Vermont to work for him. He was one of the early voices of reason (followed by Gore and Obama) in the Democratic Party, opposing the war in Iraq. His 2004 campaign's use of the Internet changed the face of American politics forever.

Dean, also a medical doctor, would be an inspired choice for secretary of Health and Human Services. His knowledge of the issues plus his openness to innovation make him uniquely qualified. Join us on Facebook in support of the good Doctor!
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 10:00 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,

Isn't Howard Dean also a cheat?
I guess that does make him a logical choice.

http://www.athenswater.com/images/PrezBO.jpg
farmerman

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 03:21 pm
Bush stood beside his felons and idiot members of cabinet. At least Obama is making good on his initial promises. "Gonna try to keep it transparent"

Besides, the vetting process is one of guilty until proven innocent

1. Forums
  2. » DROP DASCHLE
  3. » Page 5
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 04:23:26