BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 12:56 pm
@revel,
Problem is that new blood never changes things for long. It is the lobby culture in D.C. and the financing of elections that corrupts everyone who steps foot in the capital. Until that is changed, the problem will remain.

BBB
georgeob1

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 01:07 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

Problem is that new blood never changes things for long. It is the lobby culture in D.C. and the financing of elections that corrupts everyone who steps foot in the capital. Until that is changed, the problem will remain.

BBB

I take it you are here referring to George Soros, Move on.org, and the payoff system perfected by the AFL/CIO.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 01:27 pm
@georgeob1,
No, I referring to the people you work for, the people you admire, the people who are your friends, the members of your social class, and to you.

BBB
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 01:54 pm
Right or wrong, fair or unfair, I am seeing more and more ground swell of complaints about the people with which President Obama is surrounding himself. I honestly don't know whether much, if any, of it is founded on anything other than political spin yet, but the Daschle issue isn't helping any and will chip away at the good will/honeymoon factor unless the Pres deals with it.

Again, without knowing if the allegations are based on anything other than spin, the primary complaint is that most of the jobs folks are getting were 'bought' with speculation about what Daschle is owed in order for him to still be in the running. The Pres stands to lose more good will than he can possibly gain if he pushes Daschle's nomination.

The system will be corrupt and get worse so long as we tolerate politicians being able to buy favors and advantages from our elected leaders.

Yesterday, on the American Conservatism in 2008 and Beyond thread ( http://able2know.org/topic/113196-164 ), there was a little story about 9-year-olds running an election in the classroom. One offered ideas to improve the classroom. One promised ice cream with no idea how it would be provided. The class didn't care. The kid who promised ice cream won by a landslide.

And so it goes.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 01:58 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,

A great victory for Americans!
The rest of PrezBO's corrupt liberals need to be outed sooner than later.

It's time to Get Geithner

http://www.athenswater.com/images/PrezBO.jpg
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 02:23 pm
http://www.foxnews.com/images/root_images/020309_DaschleTXT.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 02:26 pm
@Swimpy,
Just came here to post that...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 02:29 pm
@georgeob1,
Yes, that's the impression I have.

Among other things, I'm noticing the commonality of the word "distraction" amongst these resignations/ withdrawals. I think it's very possible that it's a word that Obama used when talking to them. (As in, "I think you have a lot to offer but this situation, right or wrong, means that you'll be a distraction and will impede progress.")
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 02:36 pm
@dyslexia,
Of course not...he'd have let them run wild....without making the effort to tame them...IMO
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 02:40 pm
I am happy to have Obama in the White House instead of McCain...and I will continue to support him...but he's ******* up. Badly. His ideas may be good and his heart may be in the right place but his cabinet picks and his stimulus program are coming off poorly and politically stupid.

Hillary.
maporsche

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 02:50 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
+1
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 03:01 pm
@Foxfyre,
Quote:
One promised ice cream with no idea how it would be provided. The class didn't care. The kid who promised ice cream won by a landslide.

Oh yeah . . . that is so reminiscent of Republicans who promise a tax cut, while increasing defense spending. No earthly idea how to finance it, but boy will they tout it. Then we get financial abortions such as Baby Bush left us.
Foxfyre

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 03:07 pm
Well now I'm wondering if Obama did thumbs down Daschle.

Quote:
Daschle withdraws as nominee for HHS secretary
Feb 3, 2008

WASHINGTON (AP) - Tom Daschle withdrew his nomination on Tuesday to be President Barack Obama's Health and Human Services secretary, dealing potential blows to both speedy health care reform and Obama's hopes for a smoother start as president.

"Now we must move forward," Obama said in a written statement accepting "with sadness and regret" Daschle's surprise request to be removed from consideration. A day earlier, Obama had said he "absolutely" stood by Daschle in the face of problems over back taxes and potential conflicts of interest. . . .

Obama had given Daschle two jobs"to be White House health czar on top of the post leading the Health and Human Services Department"and Daschle is relinquishing the czar post too. The developments called into question whether Obama will be able to move as quickly as he has promised on sweeping health care reform"one of the pillars of his first 100 days agenda. . . .

Daschle's stunning statement came less than three hours after another Obama nominee also withdrew from consideration, and also over tax problems. Nancy Killefer, nominated by Obama to be the government's first chief performance officer, said she didn't want her bungling of payroll taxes on her household help to be a distraction. . . .

Daschle was the third high-profile Obama nominee to bow out. Obama initially had tapped Bill Richardson to be Commerce secretary, but the New Mexico governor withdrew amid a grand jury investigation into a state contract awarded to his political donors.

Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and Daschle's former Democratic colleagues had rallied to his defense in the wake of questions about his failure to fully pay his taxes from 2005 through 2007. Last month, Daschle paid $128,203 in back taxes and $11,964 in interest. . . .

It all proved too bitter a pill for senators to swallow, even for a former member of their club. Last week, the Senate confirmed Timothy Geithner as Treasury secretary despite his tax problems.

The controversy also has undercut Obama's promise to run a more ethical, responsible and special interest-free administration.

The withdrawal came after Republicans and major newspapers had been questioning Obama's initial decision to stick with Daschle.

Republican Sen. Jim DeMint of South Carolina said Obama was "losing credibility" with his statements in support of Daschle. "Part of leadership is recognizing when there has been a mistake made and responding quickly," the Republican said.

In an editorial, The New York Times described Daschle's ability to move "cozily between government and industry" as a cloud over any role he might play in changing the nation's health care system.

The Chicago Tribune opined that "Daschle is dispensable" and suggested that "to proclaim high standards and then suspend them exposes Obama to charges that he is either hypocritical or obtuse." . . . .
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D964904G0&show_article=1

0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 05:06 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Yes, PrezBO is ******* up. Badly.
Just as we knew he would.
The sad fact is that it's only going to get worse.

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 06:17 pm
@H2O MAN,
you're still **** though...
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 06:24 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

you're still **** though...

Laughing you must be the microbe that eats ****...

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 07:05 pm
@H2O MAN,
impossible...or you wouldn't be here...
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 07:19 pm
There's a ground swell building to urge President Obama to appoint Howard Dean as HHS Secretary.

Might be a great idea.

He's a physician, was a six-term governor where he installed a universal health care plan for pregnant women and children in his state, he knows the ins and outs of America's political landscape from the inside out as DNC Chairperson and as a presidential candidate. His 50-state strategy means he is intimately familiar with the demographics and needs of the people and governments in large and small towns and cities.

Obama should have picked him for it in the first place, instead of Daschle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Dean
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 07:27 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,

Both Bi-Polar Bear and PrezBO have **** eating grins

0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 07:33 pm
@Butrflynet,
I would support Dean, also Edwards.

1. Forums
  2. » DROP DASCHLE
  3. » Page 4
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 05:37:24