Advocate

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 10:35 am
I would have no problem with Daschle being dumped. He is certainly not irreplaceable.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 10:40 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

O'George, as is so often the case in such discussions, goes over the top, in this case by describing Obama's appointees as prima donas.

Setanta just can't bring himself to offer an unvarnished agreement on any point however small.

However this criticism, coming as it does from the undisputed king of 'over the top', is undeserved. Indeed the reference when applied to figures like Joe Biden, Hillary Clinton is obviously accurate, as it also is to Somers and others. Moreover it is also a fair characterization of the current democrat leaders in the Senate and the House of Representatives, who Obama must also deal with and tame if he can or has the will to try. Dumping Daschlke would be a good start - a useful example for the others.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 10:44 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

Wealthy people often don't pay all of the taxes they owe. That's how they get and remain rich.

BullShit BBB!!!!

http://www.athenswater.com/images/PrezBO.jpg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 11:02 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Setanta just can't bring himself to offer an unvarnished agreement on any point however small.

Oh man, have you got a gall saying that about anyone else!

Your "fair characterization" is in fact evidence of your partisan point of view. Of course, obviously, Mr. Obama is not responsible for who the present majority leaders are--they are not appointed by him. The Jesuits would be appalled at this faulty reasoning on your part, O'George.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 11:05 am
@Setanta,
Perceptive observation, Set.

BBB
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 11:15 am

Dump Daschle!

http://www.athenswater.com/images/PrezBO.jpg
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 11:53 am
President Obama just accepted Tom Daschel's nomination withdrawal.

How sad a loss of expertise of the health system.

BBB
slkshock7

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 11:57 am
Darn...I bet Daschle's regretting paying those back taxes now....
Setanta

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 11:58 am
@slkshock7,
No **** . . . good point . . .
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 12:06 pm
Tough ****. He owed it.
I wish our new president would be a little more careful about his picks. And not be too proud to let them go when their T is exposed.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 12:09 pm
I'm gonna cherish a small and harmless conceit that the e-mails from Miss Swimpy and me convinced him he had to act . . .
georgeob1

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 12:17 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Quote:

Oh man, have you got a gall saying that about anyone else!

Your "fair characterization" is in fact evidence of your partisan point of view. Of course, obviously, Mr. Obama is not responsible for who the present majority leaders are--they are not appointed by him. The Jesuits would be appalled at this faulty reasoning on your part, O'George.

Nonsense. Leadership is a complex art that combines inspiration, persuasion and force. One ultimately only has the power he demonstrates he is willing to use. Obama wasted an excellent opportunity to set an example that in the future would likely be very beneficial for his cause. He needs to tame the barons of the Democrat party who right now are unduly conscious of their power and opportunity.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 12:18 pm
@Setanta,
right after your responsibility for the sunrise.

ARguin with O George again, tsk tsk. Irish Catlic rowdies. youll be cleanin chalk erasers till yer lungs fill up wit chalk dust and you die and go strait to hell.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 12:20 pm
Well . . . an' t'en our Lord Jaysus Christ went straight ta Hell, an' after t'ree days, he arose again from t'e dead . . . now, correct me if i'm wrong, but if he sees his shadow . . .
farmerman

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 12:30 pm
@Setanta,
My work here is done

HIYO SILVER!!!!
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 12:32 pm
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/02/03/tom-daschle-withdraws-as-health-nominee/?hp
Swimpy

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 12:33 pm
@Setanta,
Damn straight. If his supporters don't hold him accountable, he will end up just like Bush.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 12:39 pm
@Swimpy,
It wouldn't entirely suprise me if Daschle's decision was prompted by some communication with the president. If so, that would be good news.

However, even so, I believe it would have been wiser for him to do it publically - he needs to remove himself from the stink of Illinois politics and the perhaps more ordinary venality of Washington Democrats (and Republicans as well).
maporsche

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 12:42 pm
@georgeob1,
If it came from Obama is probably has more to do with the fact that ANOTHER one of his nominees was identified with tax problems and chose to bow out today as well.

I'm sure that if there wasn't another example of this in his administration today (Killefer) that Daschle would have stayed.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 12:53 pm
Glad he dropped out.

Apparently we need to clean house in the Democratic Party, not that the republicans are so squeaky clean, but over the years we have only been hearing about corrupt republicans and it now is apparent democrats ain't no better. I think a lot of the congressional establishment of all parties needs to be replaced with new blood.

I bet Obama starts digging deeper into these kinds of things with his replacement nominations.

1. Forums
  2. » DROP DASCHLE
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 10:19:19