Possibilities? Unrealities? What if?

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2003 04:29 pm
Could all these resulting beliefs be the result of a massive cover up of a drug using fertillity cult?

I mean look at all the debaceries that are in the old testiment. Then all of a sudden the god of Isreal changes "his" mind about the way the world should work. I got this idea from some guy who was supposed to be some kind of a linguistic genius in Europe. Now, before this the faint evidence in the text is so faint that I didnt even notice. But then after I saw how these idea could have been the result of a huge cover-up. The Old Testiment is filled with all kinds of sex, blood, and violence. The drug usage is to a, lesser extent present, but to a greater extent present in symbolism. Think of how you might go about things if you wanted to cover them up. Youd make it sound like you were the opposite, frowning apon your practices.
One must consider that the Bible is flawed in order to consider such a unordinary idea. One must also not be a christian in order to see how people with the "Christian Identitie" are contridictory in practice. This is the result of the justification that they are of "weak" orgins in the ability to resist what is defined as "Sin" in the "Sacred Texts." Then you would have to understand how much it is frowned apon to question the "Faith." If it was so "real" and "strong," then asking questions would result in coming right to the "truth." I say this because apon any proper analysis of facts and falcities one would generally be able to rule out fact and fiction. Now I am told over and over that evidence that supports such beliefs are facts, but that which does not is fabrication by "satan." But then why would anyone except any evidence at all if one was supposed to act on faith alone. That is purely a contridictive thinking pattern in itself.

Why would god change his mind?
Is this change a succesfull effort to coverup something that was becoming taboo?
Am I so disalusioned for keeping an open mind?
Why would i be wrong to keep an open mind?
How can one consider one to be blind and disalusioned and so on for trying to decifer fact from fiction?
Why is it that when one tries to debate religious "Followings" nothing can result but selfdefeating answers?
How is it that god(s) are always molded in the form of man, and therefore has emotions and actions that are surely man like?
Why do people need to follow? Why are new leaders mocked just like jesus apparently was.
Why wouldnt it be possible for a Christian to be wrong, is it because they are told to think that they are right?
Who cares who is right?
Why doesnt any faith have all the answere they say they have?

Now what I am looking for is for all those to read this to either result to purely irrational Biblical thought and tell me how lost I really am. Or I want to hear some real considerations to why these things may or may not be true. How possible is it? There is so much, yet so little...

Speak Free :wink:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 644 • Replies: 2
No top replies

fishin

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 07:49 am
Re: Is the christian faith a cover up?
bongstar420 wrote:
The Old Testiment is filled with all kinds of sex, blood, and violence. The drug usage is to a, lesser extent present, but to a greater extent present in symbolism.

Quote:
One must consider that the Bible is flawed in order to consider such a unordinary idea.

Quote:
I say this because apon any proper analysis of facts and falcities one would generally be able to rule out fact and fiction. Now I am told over and over that evidence that supports such beliefs are facts, but that which does not is fabrication by "satan."

Look at these 3 comments from your post and you can see the larger problem right here. When one relies on "symbolism" everything goes out the window. Anything derived from "symbolism" isn't "fact". It's someone's interpretation of what the actual words meant. Ask 30 scholars to review one of Shakspeare's works and you'll get 30 differeing views on what he was trying to say but NONE of them are "factual".

Quote:
How is it that god(s) are always molded in the form of man, and therefore has emotions and actions that are surely man like?

This is one of those "facts". Reread the bible. It says pretty clearly that man was created in the image of god - not the other way around. Any representations of the "god" of the bible by current religions are merely someone's interpretation/rationalization.

If one were to rationalize the Christian religions with current science then "God" could very well be pond scum. That's just an interpretation on my part of course. Wink
0 Replies

bongstar420

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 05:38 pm
Thats the point!
Its how you see it. I dont see it like they do, I see error. And if we were made in god(s) image than why are we so shitty? He is perfect right, naturally we should be to. Oh, but you say, that "he"(why a man?) gave us the choice to be such large piles of dung. What "he" doesnt have the choice. Too much, Too much! Oh well, at least its warm in hell.... Twisted Evil
0 Replies