Where to hem and hook curtains?

boomerang

Tue 3 Feb, 2009 04:15 pm
The Scrabble tiles worked great!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/boomerangagain/House/wordclip2.jpg

Since seven letters fit so well I went with

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/boomerangagain/House/wordclip1.jpg

These hold together much better than the little tiles did. I just need to clean the glue up and I'm good to go.

Since I have six clips that run across the top (excluding the lucky fish) I used them to spell out "create".

I think they're pretty fun!
Tai Chi

Tue 3 Feb, 2009 08:20 pm
@boomerang,
Those look great, Boomerang.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Tue 3 Feb, 2009 08:44 pm
Very interesting, boomer.
jespah

Wed 4 Feb, 2009 05:35 am
@CalamityJane,
I really like how it turned out.
0 Replies

boomerang

Wed 4 Feb, 2009 07:39 am
Thanks all! From my perspective "interesting" is good too.

I like kind of funky, different things which causes infinite eye-rolls around here. Mr. B always thinks I've lost my mind until I suggest he increse my decorating budget by 4000% so that I can have someone come in and make me something I'm not likely to run into elsewhere.
sozobe

Wed 4 Feb, 2009 10:53 am
@boomerang,
I think it's cool. The kind of thing that some stylist would do for a Pottery Barn catalogue shoot and then everyone wants one. Smile
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Wed 4 Feb, 2009 10:55 am
@boomerang,
Fan-tastic.
0 Replies

shreenmike

Fri 28 Oct, 2011 08:16 am
Color of the curtains and the Pillows must be different.Same color does not look good.This is for the people who are here to read forum discussion because this is old post and the creator of this thread might not be interested in this at this time.
0 Replies

AndrewJayden

Wed 29 Feb, 2012 12:28 am
@boomerang,
Really, these hemming are very beautiful.
0 Replies

shanmarsh999

Sat 5 May, 2012 04:41 am
@CalamityJane,
my curtains are just hemmed at the top and the rod goes through that. when we camp we're opening and closing those curtains a million times a day and it seems a pretty substantial way to do business. not sure about the slider thingies. i'm sure other people can speak to that.
0 Replies

John marrison

Thu 27 Sep, 2012 03:52 am
@boomerang,
Hello Friends,

Curtains can either be very expensive to get exactly what you want or cheap for ready made ones that don't quite fit and are produced in few colours and patterns. Sewing your own gives you the best of both; they are inexpensive and you can make them just the right size and colour to suit you. I have just finished some for our spare room/office and over the past few years I have made curtains for every room of our house in various styles. You don't need any special equipment either. Don't be afraid of making curtains; they are much easier to sew than clothes!

Best Regards,
John Marrison
0 Replies

mayrarod719

Thu 9 Feb, 2017 05:02 pm
@FreeDuck,
Definitely agree. Hang your curtains inside the frame to make your room look more lively
0 Replies