Statistic Help Needed for Move

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2009 07:55 pm
Good Evening. Allow me to first state I have no desire or intention in making this a racial or political discussion or battle, and thought long and hard about exactly how to pose this question with causing controversy.

I am considering moving and would like to know what is the best way to look at stastical data. I am considering moving out of the United States, so I need to be able to do a comparision.

However a big factor will be race and sex, as I am an African American woman. I am taking into consideration that whatever country I am moving to will consider me a foreigner. However the numbers will quantify a definition about the quality life. The data I need to be able to capture:

As a woman of color, I have a higher risk of being a victim of crime. Is it the the same overseas? And how is the crime regarded and treated? (Example: in many states domestic violence is considered a misdeamnor . The state I live in only provides emergency shelter for battered women for 30 days)

Women of color have a high mortality of cancer in the US, regardless of their level of insurance or income. Is that the same in countries with univeral health care?

In the US, (regardless of race or sex) you are legally forced to live around children until the age 55 - at the time you can move into a retirement facility. I have 15 years to go. Are their any foreign countries that are more single friendly?

If anyone could help me find theresources (I know we have the census bureau) to glean the information, I would be most appreciative.

Cheers,

CK
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,348 • Replies: 2
No top replies

parados

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2009 08:52 pm
@refreshe,
CIA fact book is a place to start.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/docs/profileguide.html
High Seas

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2009 08:58 pm
@parados,
Yo, Parados, you're good, man! If that was a local woman of color I'm Attila the Hun. Maybe it's silly season in Andorra, or wherever that clown hangs out Smile
0 Replies