The Mind of a Sociopath

Wilso

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2012 02:00 am
Sounds like Tony Abbott.
0 Replies

nothingtodo

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 04:28 pm
@Montana,
A few of my thoughts are in here, as a half psychopath.. who is not really a sociopath, I sever connections, I don't build them.
It is not about who you build yourself to be, it is about how you navigate the traumas that face you for years, then what remains and explaining that 'it lives'.

They never recognize the rights of others
They do if logic at the highest levels dictates it is proficient of a lifeform to conform with, for example, ethicality.. with regards to universal survival tactics.

Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."
It has become over the centuries that certain rights are spoken of with regards ethics and the conclusion of mankind, therefore they defend vigorously rights, as do other people... I ask you, if you had been married for 40 years and marriage was your way, would you demand the right to be allowed to re-marry.. If your wife left?.. They would.
Pathological intent to strip rights resides in the perpetuators of 'psychology' upon others as 'flawed'.

Pathological Lying
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.
If so needed with regards to the previous above notions, no doubt, though is it not the entire truth that you too will say for example, 'democracy is far better than any other system, even those not mentioned, as yet'.

Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.
Also it is plausible that one can be such and loyal to death, that they prefer their own personal strength, should not mean they are evil and about to pop, at targets completely un-irritatating.
I would concede however they are more prone to pop at minor irritation than others sometimes or rather some cases perhaps. Or even long seated memories, whether those memories are reconciled already 'in overwhelming force' or not.

They will take whoever stands in their way down, though the alternative is not provided in reasonable terms if they do.

Emotional calm does not belong to the 'happy, Mr. Normal' as much as he pretends, relative to this, 'popping' is often over emotion. Your sociopath ceases to remind you of that, it gets tedious, since 'he is just the bad guy' to you.

Shallow Emotions
When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

Their promises would be real if they were not lied about so often, to raise attempts at emotion, which to most simply fall into themselves, is not easy, it is quite the chore, you complain you want that then, moan that its fake.

Incapacity for Love
Love is the dwindling emotion which you all will lose, in its place will be a faded memory of what 'should be' you are just sweeter sociopaths.

Need for Stimulation
Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.
Of course, life's dull, though promiscuity is choice as the rest, it takes two for that.

Physical punishment is too normal yes. Verbal outbursts are not so bad, though they do test incessantly the boundaries, they see often that the other people learn a sense of greater control of their selves and thus have helped, helped by giving you, that stoicism and center you wanted as a man or unafraid women.

nothingtodo

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 05:08 pm
@nothingtodo,
Oh, I forgot, they would steal your socks off your feet if it meant you died and they lived on in those socks... If that was a system of ultimate choice, if only to see how far they got in your socks. Well, a few would, so many do. Smile
0 Replies

nothingtodo

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 03:46 pm
@DrewDad,
Well put.
Narcissistic and anti social behavior, is in my opinion a normal state of phases, anyone can find themselves in, people prefer to over bloat it to psychopathic tendency, thus immorality belong to them if we play along, it is somewhat a game, your emotion overplays it's worth. We are not concerned either way.

Psychosis is a stage in the life of some people, though it is often very short a time.

People magnify it, to levels incomprehensible... If it hurts us when they do, we learn that they asked for that and everyone cops it.... Though when Vulcans achieve what it is they seek, they adopt systems to flourish in.

The guy in the cell, adopts attitude.. Or a search for truth in a most un vulcan way. Interpretive though, seriously, assumption of malice is rarely accurate as old as we get.
Lawsuit

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 02:27 am
@nothingtodo,
I am an Autistic Psychopath so you could call me a hybrid, i suppose my personality is rare but its not a good personality at least to a normal person. I can imagine, plan and think about things alot better then the average psychopath. I do possess alot of charm but not in a confident way more in a quiet way. Even Autistic people dont like me im over confident my ego is to large and i think im smarter than everyone else. My competitive streak is through the roof and i do wish to follow in my great aunts footsteps and be a famous actor.

What i just said above is the nice side of me the dark side of me is scary, and violent. ive choked a girl ,punched a girl and raped my ex gf. Ive done terrible things because something in me needs it. Its like a sick craving that i cant fix, i may have an IQ of a genius but i find it really hard to control that side of me. One thing ive noticed is some people (mainly women) can sense what i am even though im a good looking guy and smile they just know im different or evil you could say.

Would i want to change myself? no this is me i accept myself for who i am but i think in the end i may sadly murder someone. I hope i dont but i am just to unpredictable and sometimes i like thinking about things like rape which is sick and i agree.
0 Replies

Logicus

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 02:42 pm
What is wrong with a sociopath? In fact, they seem to have a good understanding of many things around them.
Lawsuit

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 08:24 pm
@Logicus,
Did you read my above statement sociopaths, psychopaths and narcissist can be very dangerous. We play with people heads are charming and can sometimes be fatally violent. But if you like that kind of thing then hangout with one for a day.

Logicus

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 08:50 pm
@Lawsuit,
No, but they can be utilized in society even if they're dangerous. Guns are dangerous, yet people fight for the right to keep one in their household where their family lives. Sociopaths, although not really psychopaths, are very good at detective work, and scientific research, this is assuming that the sociopath is on the intelligent side of the spectrum. I do not know a suitable place for society where psychopaths can thrive in yet.
Lawsuit

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 11:17 pm
@Logicus,
Thats the problem though people shun psychopaths not all are bad ,society has simply grown weak , psychopaths would of suited medievil times with all the violence and probably would of made a dam good knight. In fact id take a psychopath as a friend in medievil times over anyone else on earth.

However sadly its not medievil times and i agree, but shunning them makes them worse believe me its the worst thing people can do.
Logicus

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 01:32 pm
@Lawsuit,
True. And throwing them into an insane asylum wouldn't be that beneficial either. Society needs to start opening its minds to see where certain individuals can fit it usefully.
0 Replies

tontoiam

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 07:44 pm
@candide,
Shocked
trying2learn

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 08:39 pm
@tontoiam,
Are you really shocked? Hope you look at dates and from the pnw is one from many: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Bundy
tontoiam

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 08:54 pm
@trying2learn,
Are you flirting with me.
trying2learn

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 09:15 pm
@tontoiam,
What? No I am not flirting with you.
tontoiam

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 09:18 pm
@trying2learn,
I was being sarcastic.
trying2learn

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 09:29 pm
@tontoiam,
That is a good thing! Ted tried to take my sister and he didn't succeed.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 04:15 pm
It's been a long time since I've been around and I'd like to thank you all for your responses.
roger

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 05:55 pm
@Montana,
Hey, Monty! Good to see you.
Montana

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 08:06 pm
@roger,
Hey Roger!!! Miss you my friend.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 09:52 pm
@Montana,
Hey, Montana!! Good to see/read you.