TV Soap Question

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 08:23 am
Which character in TV's Emmerdale is the village postman? I have never watched the programme so any help appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,375 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 08:05 pm
@upandrunning,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_residences_in_Emmerdale#Post_Office_.2F_Caf.C3.A9_Hope

Post Office / Café Hope
In 1973 Amy Posselthwaite ran the post office, followed by Alison Gibbons, Liz Ruskin and lastly Norah Norris in 1976. The post office was next featured in 1988 and was ran by Mrs Robson. In 1993 the post office of Beckindale became a more permanent feature when Vic and Viv Windsor bought it and moved their family in, Vic's daughter Kelly, Viv's son Scott and Vic and Viv's daughter Donna. The Post Office and later Café Hope (2001-) would become very gossipy places with Viv being the village's biggest gossip. In 1994 Viv's first husband and Scott's father Reg Dawson came to the village to start a relationship with Scott but his plan all along was to rob the Post Office. During the heist, Reg and his gang took Viv and Shirley Turner hostage and went to hide at Home Farm. Reg went to shoot Viv but Shirley jumped in the way and was shot dead with Reg soon taken out by a police marksman. The Post Office was robbed again, this time on Christmas Day 1998 by former convict Billy Hopwood, the biological father of Andy Sudgen. Vic Windsor tried to stop Billy from stealing the money and a fight started which resulted in Vic falling and hitting his head on the counter and dying. Billy was arrested and spent eight years in prison. Viv was on her own for nearly two years before Bob Hope came into her life and they were soon married. The marriage fell apart in 2004 and Viv and Bob divorced, resulting in Viv changing back to Windsor. But only a year later Viv and Bob were back together and married soon after. Viv was sentenced to 3 years for fraud in 2008. Bob, deciding he was not capable of running the businesses as well as raising the twins on his own, moved into Connelton View, leaving the flat for coworker Brenda and her daughter Gennie.

Current Residents: Brenda Walker and Genesis Walker.
upandrunning

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 04:45 am
@Butrflynet,
Thanks Butreflynet for infor. I have sussed out that Jamie Hope is the postman.
0 Replies