New Logo..Thumbs Up Or Down?

Mame

Thu 8 Jan, 2009 04:14 pm
What about "Two for the Show" instead of "crowd"? Crowd doesn't really make much sense to me.

I like it, anyway. It does lose something when you shrink it, but are you going to?

I like the red, too. It stands out. I wouldn't have picked up on the acoustic vs electric without you mentioning it.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Thu 8 Jan, 2009 04:16 pm
@dagmaraka,
Actually the club owners get it...right away... the means between two and a is implied....we tried it out on people before we chose it....we used to be called unplugged exiles because we were both playing acoustic guitars....but this sems to be working... I wanted to call us The FOG....which stands for ******* old guys.....
dagmaraka

Thu 8 Jan, 2009 04:36 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
well, it seems you are reasonably happy with it and made the decision already.
Bi-Polar Bear

Thu 8 Jan, 2009 04:38 pm
@dagmaraka,
actually....I am considering your good point about the lettering and the banner......I like the guitars though...
0 Replies

Green Witch

Thu 8 Jan, 2009 04:45 pm
I liked it when I first saw it, but when Butterfly did the shrinkage, I noticed the black and white image sort of looked like a bra with cleavage (where the guitars meet). You might consider this a positive for all I know, but I thought I would throw it out there.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_z2t3-2ANqrg/SWZrhaeCGXI/AAAAAAAAAos/bjTYxkLDy1I/s144/BWthumbtacposter.jpeg
Bi-Polar Bear

Thu 8 Jan, 2009 04:47 pm
@Green Witch,
don't be a boob GW...
Green Witch

Thu 8 Jan, 2009 04:49 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Do you see it? It could be a subliminal positive.
Bi-Polar Bear

Thu 8 Jan, 2009 04:51 pm
@Green Witch,
I saw it after you mentioned it.....I dig it...
dagmaraka

Thu 8 Jan, 2009 04:58 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
that can be well used in posters. throw in a Betty Boop type face above and it's clear as day.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Thu 8 Jan, 2009 05:10 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Crowd.... as in drawing a crowd... has an extremely positive connotation to the people who write our checks Laughing

OK, makes sense. I'm obviously not the demographic to which you are trying to appeal.... Wink
Bi-Polar Bear

Thu 8 Jan, 2009 10:47 pm
thanks in part to dags observations.... and against my desire to see something boob like as GW suggested... we decided on this logo....squinney made me a terrific generic flier....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/TAC5aa.jpg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Thu 8 Jan, 2009 10:55 pm
@DrewDad,
Since I saw the actual acoustic guitar, I started thinking.. what if the background were black or dark gray.. and the guitars not so dark?

Me, I rather like the logo, but am listening to the logo experienced folks.

On the Two's a Crowd thing - it didn't nab me, the crowd probably being the problem word. But it's okay. Still....
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Thu 8 Jan, 2009 11:09 pm
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_z2t3-2ANqrg/SWbbzrWpasI/AAAAAAAAApM/GnIQJebjWFw/s800/negTAC5aa.jpeg
ossobuco

Thu 8 Jan, 2009 11:18 pm
@Butrflynet,
Thanks for the clarity on that, bfn. I suppose I want more blond and brown than black and white. (Well, I don't know, do I?)

I like the basic graphic of the guitars and angle of them. I like where the title is but not sure of the title.

Butrflynet

Thu 8 Jan, 2009 11:41 pm
@ossobuco,
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_z2t3-2ANqrg/SWbjRoDymCI/AAAAAAAAAps/tVzzYvTCkAk/s800/brownTAC5aa.jpeg
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Fri 9 Jan, 2009 12:36 am
stop !!! You're killing me!!!! Everything looks so good I feel like a woman in a shoe outlet.....
dagmaraka

Fri 9 Jan, 2009 03:57 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
i like both the bpb's black and white and buttrfly's second option. it's less cluttered = always good.
0 Replies