annifa

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 01:09 pm
Do you know I'm not entirely sure what you are so merrily tittering on about?

Hmmm, Hazel Yaks.. yes she did didn't she? Yakked on and on and on and on and on and bla bla bla.. do you know I have no idea what those many meetings were about? I wasn't listening was I?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 01:52 pm
Basically, you're telling me that you had one job, and you didn't even do that? Is there any wonder why you pretended that you did all the work?

Still, am I too nice to castigate you? Aren't I understanding that that Yaks woman was odious? Wasn't Hazel Yaks mother of Mr. Yaks, that man whom you kept bringing to the office?

Do you think we should go into business again?

0 Replies

annifa

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 02:01 pm
Shocked

Didn't we agree never to mention him? Wasn't his mother the devil incarnate? Am i remembering the many antics of the she devil at this very moment?

Do you know that think going into business again would be a most excellent idea? Only you would have to make the tea with 'proper' milk, none of this UHT rubbish, yes?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 02:09 pm
O, you never told me of her antics, did you? What did she do? I thought that you 'couldn't remember?'

And, truly, why should I let you run the business? You've even shown that the only job you had was with that Yaks woman, and that that was only because you wanted to find out more about Mr. Yaks, isn't that true? Anyway, I'll be kind to you again-- am I great? I'll get proper milk for you; then you can make a drink whenever you like; deal?

0 Replies

annifa

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 02:41 pm
Oh you are too kind aren't you?

It seems I am forgetting what I have written and contradicting myself, does it not?

Truthfully, I found Mrs. Yaks a bore, didn't I? Did she not drone on and on about things entirely unrelating to our business, thus making me forget what exactly our business was?

I think i was lying about the devil bit, trying to find a believable excuse for not listening to her wasn't i? I was however, not neglecting my duties i must have you understand, i could not possibly have you believe that i was not 'pulling my weight' now could i? Did i not spend my time most productively, attaching 'important' notes and suchlike (in paper aeroplane form) to the legs of carrier pidgeons? (i do not believe e-mail had been invented in those days, had it?)
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 03:13 pm
Isn't this a weird thread?
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 03:43 pm
Isn't it, though? But what does it matter? Am I writing to you from the 'windycity'?(Chicago) Is this computer not temperamental as well as my two-year-old nephew whom I am babysitting at the moment with the help of "Elle"? Genevieve is absolutely adorable and such peanut isn't she? Is she not so small that newborn clothes are too big for her? Am I not trying to help my sis to adjust to having two kids? Do I have to go now and get them a snack? Bye for now?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 02:36 am
Too kind? Indeed, that is my biggest failing, isn't it? Do you remember when I still decided to have you back after the Yoghurt incident? Anyone else and I would have rid myself of them, don't you know?

But you are very productive, aren't you? You are very productive at getting me to employ you, even though our company's role hasn't even been established yet, has it?

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 02:38 am
Rick d'Israeli wrote:
Isn't this a weird thread?

Do you find it weirder than the whole Cuban thread? Do you know that I don't? There is nothing wrong with weirdness though, would you not agree? Some would even go as far as saying that abnormality is the highest sucess, but that's going too far, is it not?

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 02:42 am
devriesj wrote:
Isn't it, though? But what does it matter? Am I writing to you from the 'windycity'?[...]

Hey, Dev, am I glad to see you? How have you enjoyed Chicago so far? When are you returning? Genevieve must be adorable, n'est-ce pas? How is your sister handling things? Is she all right? Do you know that I hope to see you soon?

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 02:45 am
Do you know, I'm wondering why we say 'aren't I?' now? It doesn't make much sense, does it, when we say I am? They used to say 'am't I? or 'amt ich', but that was just as confusing, I suppose?

0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 11:26 am
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
devriesj wrote:
Isn't it, though? But what does it matter? Am I writing to you from the 'windycity'?[...]

Hey, Dev, am I glad to see you? How have you enjoyed Chicago so far? When are you returning? Genevieve must be adorable, n'est-ce pas? How is your sister handling things? Is she all right? Do you know that I hope to see you soon?

Aren't I glad you're glad to see me? I'm loving Chicago. We took "L.G." to American Girl Place yesterday (Wed.) She has one of their dolls. It is completely pre-adolescent girl heaven! L loved it. We couldn't get lunch there. It was booked. So, we went to a beautifully art-deco decorated cafe nearby. The food was fabulous, and large! We three shared a sinful chocolate cake dessert. Can you believe our waiter not only was from Grand Rapids (MI), but grew up in a house not two blocks from the one we grew up in?! What are the odds? Baby's getting fussy. Time to feed her. Sis is handling things pretty well but appreciates the help. AND at almost noon-thirty (CST) I still need a shower, do I? (Did I almost forget that this was a questions thread? Gotta run. Genevieve squawketh! Write when I can, will I?!
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 12:55 pm
'American Girl place?' Is that an all-round store? Is it a chain store too? Have you been to there before? Isn't it amazing whom you can meet? Did you recognise that person? Have such things happened many times before? Do I hope that you'll return safe and well soon, and say bye?

0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 11:04 pm
Hi, drom?! Don't I think American Girl Place is unique to Chicago? There are catalogs though. Had I not ever been there before? Is Chicago not a city in which you could find something new to do or a new place to go for a long time without ever revisiting the same place twice, if one wanted to?
As to the waiter, have I not ever met him before? I daresay not. Though he was a 'few' years my junior I might have babysat him had the opportunity been presented to me then, no? Have I not seen people I know in faraway places? Do I daresay that I have? What about you?
Will my safe return home not be made this Saturday afternoon by train? Is it not past midnight here? And must I not bid you adieu for now?
p.s. Drom-, where are YOU now? Paris or elsewhere? Do I hope your trip is truly fantastic?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 06:23 am
Isn't it wonderful to be somewhere in which there is so much variety? Do you like Jazz? If I went to Chicago, do you know that I would try to get to a jazz club, even though I'm not a huge aficionado?

I meet people from the past all over the place, as you knew, right? It is always eerie when it happens, true? I don't often meet people from school, but I meet people from the weirdest of past encounters; can't it sometimes be rather disconcerting?

Incidentally, did I not tell you that I was headed towards Minsk? I've been lethargic and unable to do much because of the heat, unfortunately Sad, but am I hoping to get somewhere cooler?

0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 06:32 am
Drom; did you mean "in a sea change"? or "in a sea of change"?

is Minsk new or s?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 06:41 am
I mean 'in a sea change,' like the sea change in the Tempest; do you know the one that I'm talking about?

Full fadom fiue thy Father lies,
Of his bones are Corrall made:
Those are pearles that were his eies,
Nothing of him that doth fade,
But doth suffer a Sea-change
Into something rich, & strange:
Sea-Nimphs hourly ring his knell.

What is it that you mean about Minsk?

0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 07:28 am
i was inquiring as to whether it is northeastwest or south of where you are;
attempting to get a geographic fix!

[this island's thine, by Brad Pitterax, thy brother!]
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 07:31 am
Where are the question marks BoGoWo?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 07:42 am
It's to the east of here, isn't it? I'm on a train in Poland right now, you see?

Very Happy!

0 Replies