drom et reve

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 02:37 pm
Muffin is a perfect word, Setanta; wouldn't you agree? 'You silly muffin' puts the hardest down everywhere, doesn't it?

0 Replies

annifa

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 02:32 pm
Setanta, i would call somebody a 'muffin' for the simple reason that it was the first word that popped into my head, wasnt it? I am often thinking of muffins and other baked goods - very tasty. Also, muffins would most probably lack the ability to subtract 5 from 42.. or whatever it was.. what was it?

Anyway, this is besides the point, drom i am most grateful for your support of the use of 'muffin' as an apt description of a muffin-like person, arent i?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 02:35 pm
It was something like five from forty two; do you know that I checked 'annifa' and 'muffin' to find out what Setanta was talking of? Don't I think that a lot of people are muffins? Well, non-edible, reject muffins, or NERMs for short? Don't I think that we should get considerable acclaim if we had a 'Pro-Muffin political group?' Wouldn't the loveliness that are muffins solve things out in the Middle East, or at least bring George W Bush to a stupor?

0 Replies

annifa

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 03:02 pm
I shall abstain from passing judgement on aforementioned George W Bush, but do you know I shall go as far as to say that many would believe him to be a NERM, thus fighting Non Edible Reject Muffin-Fire with Lovely Tasty Freshly Baked Muffin-Fire may be a very productive way to spend ones time. Are you little short of a genius drom_et_reve? Where do you get your plentiful and fantasitical ideas from?!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 03:09 pm
I think Drom has cleansed word barriers from her brain structure and so has extra mobility in word association; this results in some wonderful fresh and deft descriptions, don't you think?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 03:10 pm
O, I totally agree, Annifa; I'd say that he is the biggest NERM since a certain guy in the eighties, wouldn't you agree? Yes, of course I am talking about Timmy Mallet, whom one of my good friends worked with on early-morning TV; do you remember him? He's truly evil, you know? Perhaps we should mate him with Vanessa Feltz to give us an even more convincing reason to attack the NERMs with WALMs (Warm and Lovely Muffins)?

And, I guess, Annifa, that I am the fountain of many a pointless and random idea; I'm like this century's version of Khruschev, am I not? It does not run in the family at all, right? But, truly, people around me muse different things; and you are a wonderful muse, aren't you? I can just see us as the next Ché and that person who rode with him, can't you?

0 Replies

annifa

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 03:56 pm
Do you know that yes, I do remember Timmy Mallet? Well, I remember being infuriated by him.. urgh.

I think I quite like like being a muse dont you know? A personal helicon, of sorts? Like that poem by that irish chappie, Seamus Heaney, thats the one.. who was inspired by wells and things. (My, am I not incredibly well read.. ahem..).. I'm not a well though, i thinks its best I clarify that, don't you?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 04:12 pm
O, no; you suffer from Post-Traumatic Mallet disorder too? He was truly evil; I don't know whether you have heard of the guy, Tommy Boyd, who used to be on Talk Radio, but apparently Mallet used to brag of his sex appeal all the time; how deluded is he?

You are well-read, Annifa; most people don't even know who Seamus Heaney is, do they? I like that poem of his better than any other; yay? Do you know, my English teacher once excreted in front of him, as a child? -- What a claim to fame, heh? And wouldn't it be amazing if you were a well? A magical, muffin-eating well?

0 Replies

annifa

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 04:35 pm
Do you know I just spent a good five minutes writing a reply and on the second of its completion my computer crashed? Is that not rather tiresome?

Ah, well - here we go again:

You like that poem of his better than any other, you say? Do you now? Do you really? (..and so on and so forth in this vein.. i have temporarily forgotten what i didst write but i'm sure I will remember one day..week..year..ho hum - in which case you will be the first to know)

I suppose it might be interesting to be a magical well.. for a little while - especially if muffins are to be involved?! Only Seamus might leer at me, he may well ('well'! please excuse the pun!) be a jolly nice fellow, but it might startle me, mightn't it?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 04:46 pm
ossobuco wrote:
I think Drom has cleansed word barriers from her brain structure and so has extra mobility in word association; this results in some wonderful fresh and deft descriptions, don't you think?

Do you know, this did not appear until seconds ago? It is quite like magic, Osso; I was just quoting your picture in another thread, do you know?

And thank you, Osso; you know how much I value your opinion (and avoiding tongue-tired clichés,) don't you? Do you know that I apparently have some sort of condition, with which I relate words to colours instead of groups?

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 04:52 pm
Well, and i should think muffin a much more evocative put down than, say . . . you bagel . . . don't you agree?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 04:59 pm
That is tiresome indeed; it is the one-hundred-and-fifty-seventh most annoying thing in the world, after Dandy magazines and the Empiricists, don't you think? Actually, it probably is quite higher on the hollowed Drom-frown list, isn't it? Especially when one has written so much? Perhaps there are distinctions?

Keep me informed, will you? I should love to read a book of yours, wouldn't I? Could we take copies of 'Madame Bovary,' dig out the pages, put your novel in there instead, and sell it to people who buy classics without looking inside them because they just like to have classics on their desktops? Whoa, don't I need a drink now? Of pineapple juice? Am I alone in the habit of freezing my drinks?

It would indeed; something is rotten in the states of wellophiles' minds, isn't there? I think that Timmy Mallet was a wellophile too, do you agree? Oh well, I'd protect you, while wistfully sighing that you, the magical well, used to be my wayward love in a former life, and then were regressed to being a well (after being Zebedee from the Magic Roundabout, of course; ) I find the whole 'reincarnation by Cult 70s shows' phenomenon rather weird, don't you?

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 05:00 pm
Do you know that it took 10 minutes to reply the above? Do I like the idea of 'you stupid bagel?' It especially reminds me of something confused Italians would say in delis, doesn't it? But don't I find the ultimate, gravest insult to be the C word: you crumpet?

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 05:04 pm
Actually, i have a too great fondness for crumpets with far too much butter on them, you know?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 05:10 pm
Yes, crumpets are wonderful things to eat (I prefer them with dollops of fresh jam, and a tiny bit of margarine,) but it's quite an insult, when you think about it: 'you crumpet' means that someone is full of little holes (thus, is like one big hole, in some, liberal, word interpretations,) with a round, burnt-looking behind and yellow like some mangy ranger dog, doesn't it?

0 Replies

fealola

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 08:29 pm
Are you all still here?
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 08:26 am
Did my thread replying to Fealola disappear or did I post it in the wrong thread? Oh how could I be so careless? Was I too sleepy this morning when I posted in the Missing in Action thread, if that was the thread I posted in?
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 08:28 am
Did I expect this thread to grow this big? Why haven't I posted here more often? Damnedifiknow, do you?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 08:39 am
Fealola, I've been wondering where you were; did you see my message about six pages' back? How have you been? How's your son?

0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 08:11 am
Where IS dròm_et_rêve?
0 Replies