South African Heritage Day Yesterday

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 05:24 pm
What a great day. Amazing.

I went to the Norwood mardi gras and saw two white upper class Jewish boys rap about the african renaissance, man they said we should cut hatred off like their circumsions.

They shared the stage with African drummers, african dancers, rock bands, jazz bands, township dancers graffiti artist etc....

Dug the after parties too everybody getting down with their heritage and each other (not mention SAB-South African Brewries- the biggest contributor of South African culture around the world).

It was fantastic standing in the multiracial, multicultural and non class bases crowd.. not mention sexual preferences of all choice.

Big up South Africa great to see how far we have come in less then 10 years.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,927 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 05:24 pm
Everyone have an Amarula on me!
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 05:37 pm
Hehe thats funny..... I think it's more a black lables, amstels, windhoek lagers, absinthes, tequilas and brutaly fruitys that were being consumed.

I dont know any who drinks amarula unless it's in coffee or over ice cream Razz
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 05:39 pm
I used to drink it every morning in my coffee. Was also my first drink in every club (a tradition).

I love the stuff, impossble to get pissed on it (too thick) but it rocks (you can make all kinds of drinks with it, I used to freeze it and have it with vodka).
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 05:45 pm
crazyness, see I think thats the thing with south africans they drink to get drunk so amarula is considred to be like sissy unless it's a dessert.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 05:46 pm
Well I'd have to agree. I've never seen anyone get drunk on Amarula, you'd get sick first.

And yeah, SA folk are good drinkers. I learned this coin drinking game from Pharon...
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 05:50 pm
heheh dude the youth today don't even bother drinking games well not to my knowledge and let me tell you grass here is pretty much acceptable too it's like a cultural thing.

And dam weeed is cheaper then liquor ek se! (afrikaans for i say).

The clubs here are crazy, lot of people we get from overseas are amazed at how hard south africans party i suppose it's the culture of extremes thats produced it.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 05:53 pm
I'd definitely agree with both the partying and culture of extremes. I experienced it by proxy (lots of people moved to Brazil from SA).

And yeah, I remember teh stories about the weed.

"So you walk up and it's like there's a barn full of it..."
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 05:57 pm
hehehe Cape towns particulary abd tho people there no work ethic... I got her and i come ack with memory blanks.

My bro lives ther he's a pot heads pot head. We wake and bake the finest drink klipies and coke or wine or whatever then go to some body elses flat smoke a bong with some cereal, go to the beach or chapmans peak ro whever while drinking and driving (not recomened). Then blaze when we get to where ever we going and thats just the day time night time christ its madness.
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 06:00 pm
Oh yeah i got a friend who lives in Sao Pauolo and he fitted right in when he was here. All the SA wh have been to brazil say it's so similar it's amazing.
0 Replies

tokoloshe

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 10:26 am
eish man i missed out on that 1 neh, i used to live in gardens just there next to norwood. 1 thing how was the upper class jewish boys raps soundin like Laughing
0 Replies