How much of Christianity is based on Paganism?

izzythepush

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 10:14 am
@cicerone imposter,
Which one?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 10:57 am
@izzythepush,
I can't do anything about god's choices; he lets satan survive to bring more sorrow to humans. I don't believe that b.s., but many people of religions do!
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 11:28 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
And when are you going to say in your profile that you're a Jehovah's Witness? People might think you're too embarrassed to admit it..
I don't want my association with Jehovah's Witnesses to cause people to think I speak for them all. Actually, one of my main reasons for being here is to provide thought for those who read casually, but do not post.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 11:34 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
. . . You even think birthday cakes are pagan. . .
That's where you once more show your ignorance. We don't claim birthdays to be pagan. If you really want to know what JWs believe, you should visit JW dot org.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 11:39 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
I don't deny satan's existence, but god does.
I never thought you believed in Satan.
Hmmmmmmm
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 11:47 am
@neologist,
I later said it's bull shyt (b.s.).
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 11:50 am
@neologist,
I believe in the Devil alright. And you know why? Because the prick keeps doing commercials! Captain Cutshaw The Ninth Configuration
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 11:53 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
You're a joke, nobody takes you seriously.
Except that he makes such a good argument for non belief.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 12:58 pm
Quote:
Izzy said:@RF- God you're stupid...16 year old boy who still plays toy soldiers, and constantly self praises because no one else will

Me 16, ha ha ha..Smile
As for praise, you must have been unlucky enough to have missed my fan mail which I modestly posted a while back, so here it is again..Smile-

Spannerose - "Mick, I would like you to know that the result of reading your posts I am left with the desire to pick up my bible for the first time in years"
ChildofLight - "So good to read your responses Mick, some are quite witty and made LOL"
Happysandyh - "welcome Mick, welcome welcome!"
HenryS - "You are brilliant Mick in finding appropriate phrases. Another one of your superb emails to store"
Firebrand - "Amen and welcome Mick"
Coconut - "Whew! Thanks for sharing Mick"
Sarah4Jesus - "Listen to Mick in Plymouth, he is a great teacher"
Cathie - "Very wise advice Mick, thanks"
Kierri - "That was one of the best explanations I've ever heard! Yay for Mick in Plymouth"
Haimehenmmli - "I LOVE IT MATE!!! I'm going to put it into my files, with some of my other favorites, from you"
Evachrst3 - "Right on, Mick, I couldn't agree more.Thank you for defending the faith so eloquently".
Devilmademedoit2 - "I love this! Thanks, Mick!"
SweetSummer96 - "Wow. That's a cool story Mick."
Vespasian052 - "Wow! Mick,what an awesome tale.."
Beekpr9 - "Amen to all you have said, Mick!"
Saipan1777 - "Spot on Mick bravo"
Duke Tinn - "Thanks again Mick. Great Stuff"
Tahella - "Welcome Mick!"
Ainglkiss - "Mick what a wonderful story. You write so well. Keep up the great work"
BlessedOne - "Glad to have you here Mick! Jesus is the way!"
MonkGirl - "Wow, thank you Mick! That is really comforting...and all I really needed to hear!"
WOFman - "Welcome Mick!"
JeffC - "HELL YEAH! PREACH IT BROTHER, THE REALITY WAY! (LUV YUR STYLE....)
Nottonguetied - "I loved those stories from Mick"
Honeybearx - "This was very good reading thank you Mick"
Megan - "Mick, I just wanted to tell you that I loved this story, it was very touching"
Benjoman - "Your one of the only ones from the singles board that I still love Mick"
Allisoneness -"You are the one true Christian on here, keep up the good work and praise the Lord"
Sherry Anne - "Mick i love your posts"
Antipas - "Brilliant yet again Mick"
Easynote - "ROFL Mick you are pure class, another of your timeless classics!"
Kermit - "I love Mick. He is so, how shall I say it, RIGHT ON THE MONEY AND FUNNY, TOO"
Kermmiekr - "How uplifting Mick, and so very true"
Chrysalis55- "Just want to say, I love your posts and your messages not only insprire me, sometimes they make me laugh
because you are able to get your point across in such a great way. WAY TO GO waymarker!!!"
Evenflow- I just LOVE this post You have made me smile BIG TIME this morning. Good for you and what a great attitude you have to life xx
Apple Pie - "Really good to see you, Mick. Come on over to 4church, we could do with your input and your humour"
Lillian - "Mick please come back..it's nice having you on the board"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Romeo Fabulini: he shoots, he scores!
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/shoots1_zpsa38dec6c.jpg~original
izzythepush

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 01:06 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
You really are quite stupid. You may have the body of a clapped out senior citizen, but you've got the mind and emotional maturity of a 16 year old boy.

Collecting a load of comments from strangers on the internet has to be the saddest thing I've ever seen. I'll give you that one as the action of a sad old man, everything else that of a 16 year old boy.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 01:06 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I've seen quite a few deluded twats here on A2K, but I think you just about take the biscuit.

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 01:07 pm
How much of Christianity is based on Paganism?

All of it.

Joe(You're welcome)Nation
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 01:21 pm
Quote:
Romeo asked Neologist: -when are you going to say in your profile that you're a Jehovah's Witness? People might think you're too embarrassed to admit it..
Neologist replied: I don't want my association with Jehovah's Witnesses to cause people to think I speak for them all.

Not sure I understand mate, are you giving us your own personal doctrines and not those of the JW's?
I thought you JW's were absolutely forbidden to think for yourselves?-
WIKI- JW publications strongly discourage followers from questioning its doctrines...It also warns members to "avoid independent thinking",
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah's_Witnesses
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 01:30 pm
Quote:
Romeo said: JW's think birthday cakes are pagan.
Neologist replied: That's where you once more show your ignorance. We don't claim birthdays to be pagan. If you really want to know what JWs believe, you should visit JW dot org.

I'd rather visit Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory..Smile
Wiki seems clear enough and straight to the point without any waffle, or is Wiki wrong?-
WIKI- "Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate religious holidays such as Christmas and Easter, nor do they observe birthdays, nationalistic holidays, or other celebrations they consider to honor people other than Jesus. They feel that these and many other customs have pagan origins or reflect a nationalistic or political spirit"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah's_Witnesses
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 01:46 pm
Quote:
Izzy said re Romeo's fan mail: Collecting a load of comments from strangers on the internet has to be the saddest thing I've ever seen.

WAIT, I also collect feedback addressed to me from non-fans, so i can ROFL at it and put it into my 'Exploring the Heathen Mindset' articles all over the net, here ya go..Smile
(I've asterisked out the cuss words)

Steve H - "Micks a narrow-minded unchristian unqualified know-nothing silly little man and work-shy racist layabout"
Cymba - "Micks an unchristian aggressive liar showing no fruits of the spirit"
Zeke - "Micks wrong wrong wrong and denies Gods word"
Christian Trucker Pat - "Micks proud,arrogant,self-glorifying, uncharitable,offensive,lacking understanding and talking drivel"
Linda -"Mick's a silly little Brit"
Gloryboundd - "Mick's a senile liar and fool"
Elbown - "Mick you put me off Christianity and i'm a Christian"
SheriNuwine - "Mick you come across as a pervert,do you like cheeky little minxes who play with dollies?"
Sunami -"Mick...the lazy workshy parasite that you are"
Papdotcom to me - "You are one crazy sob"
Reverend Eric Potts - "You disgust me Mick"
Faeshadow to me -"there are no words for the depth of ignorance and depravity that your mindset displays"
PeterM quote - "Mick, your posts are so full of BS I await to here you mooing. You are obviously one paranoid individual who has delusions of grandeur, and these are the least of your problems.....You do realise you're a twa*?"
Veritasbellum to me - "..inane drivel, as the majority of your posts are......I pity you but I don't hate you......You put me off Christianity and you are definately a phoney Christian""
Toolate quote to me - "Everybody thinks you are an idiot.....atheists don't hate you, just find you laughable........What crimes are you planning now? More race hate?"
RomanticHorror to me - "you sick ba*****"
CreationFallacy quote to me - "Your posts remind me of local radio stations. Same old boring cra* over and over again"
ZenAgain to me -"you wander off into drug induced metaphore.......I could tell by your posts that dementia was setting in"
PaganSunflower to me -"you have not fooled those on this board with even a shred of intelligence"
LanceT quote - "Mick try not to be a pri** all your life, eh?"
ZaZen quote - "Mick is like horse manure. You either stand in it or are sensible and avoid it."
OldyOneCanardly to me - "you are just an ignorant, bigotted, anti- semite with fascist and racist tendencies .....nothing of intelligence to contribute to anything or anybody ...........you big loser in life"
Dm2473 quote to me - "The fact that I'm Jewish and you're a Christian has nothing to do with the fact that you are a boorish, small minded, shallow, nincompoop"
Junoth quote to me - "What a sick and twisted mind you have! In fact the word "evil" springs to mind when I read your demented claptrap!"
Nanacad - "Mick is a long time AOL message board wan***"..
Donbain - "I've got Mick on filter for one very good reason, his intelligence is too low beneath mine to dignify his lewdness with an answer"
Krpzd1 to me - "You really are a prize ti* aren't you?"
Sandragoggins (witch) -"I'm sure God has a special seat in hell for you Mick,.feel free to go fornicate yourself"
Johnfb- "He's a racist, bigot, sexist, liar nut job"
A phoney 'Christian' Forum to me - "Your account has been disabled,
Please do not make any attempt to participate further in any of our Communities"
Reverend Eric Potts- "You disgust me Mick"

PS- Potts is not a real vicar, he's just a jumped-up 'Assistant Methodist Minister' I think he's the caretaker of their local meeting hall and they bestowed that lofty title on him to keep him sweet in recognition of the good work he does slopping out their latrines..Smile
Needless to say, him and the rest of the negative feedback yappers can't get under the Bible's radar-
"They make a noise like a dog, but thou, O Lord, shalt laugh at them; thou shalt have all the heathen in derision" (Psalm 59:6)
Right Lassie?
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/lassie2_zps62dcde9b.jpg~original
izzythepush

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 01:57 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
That's even sadder, the action of a self obsessed, emotionally retarded, narcissist.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 02:21 pm
My guess would probably be the timing of holidays, some things happen in the sping, others in the fall, and there are winter events. Right now I'm drawing a blank on summer, but maybe somebody else will recall something. I think people to celebrate. It can be birthdays, anniversaries, promotion or retirement, we don't care. It's Tuesday, lets party.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 02:53 pm
@glitterbag,
There's the solstice.
http://bestvaluetours.co.uk/images/products/pt/xl-p-811-Stonehenge-summer-solstice-sunrise.jpg

Thatcher stopped the Stonehenge festival, now there's lots of different festivals where people go and take drugs.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 04:48 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
Well, if your opinion mattered to God, I might be inclined to agree.

How do you know that my opinion does not matter to God? Did He tell you that He put me on ignore? Smile
glitterbag

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 05:00 pm
@izzythepush,
Looks like a Klan rally. Or a gigantic river baptism. I'm not tuned in to events that include drugs, unless you count the burning man celebration which strikes me as a totally dreadful time.

I acknowledge many posters have strong beliefs and get offended when their beliefs or non beliefs are questioned. I think many folks are unaware of the long history of belief systems because they are completely comfortable with current church practices. (Pick any religion). Personally, it doesn't matter any longer that terrible things occurred in the name of faith in 900AD or the reformation. It has historical import, shouldn't be ignored but condemning people to death by horrific measure for heresy isn't practiced any longer. Now, people just congratulate themselves for belonging to the one true God approved religion.

I think religious history is fascinating. We live we learn, we can believe or not believe. Oh, and I don't remember which Christian religion the Vikings practiced. Alright, that's a tad smart aleck, without checking resources to refresh my memory, I'm thinking the Lutherans introduced Christianity and are the predominate religion in Scandinavian countries. I find Catholic, Episcopalian, Anglican and Lutheran services very similar. But that's me, I'm sure many folks would be highly insulted, but that's not what I intend to do.

Anyhow, go to temple, church or not. We have freedom of religion and freedom from religion.