clicking of link and accessing of contents after clidking it

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 06:11 pm
Hi fellow members

When I click on the link below or any other link I've written, I am unable to switch to the link. I often see a link posted by other members which I can click on to access the link after that. I am told to use URL, etc, but I still cannot get to the link after that.

http://www.youtube.com/

Could any member/members, please show me how it can be done. I've been puzzled by this for a long time. Please help me get this off my mind.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Ms Tan

PS: I just discovered I can access the link after posting. But on a Word document, for example, I cannot access the link. What is the reason?

Nick Ashley

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 10:32 pm
Once a URL is posted on our site, we automatically convert it to a clickable link for you. If you are typing out the message on our site, you can click the 'preview' button to see what the post will look like before posting, and the links should work in the preview.

If you are typing out messages in some other text editor, such as Word, then functionality will depend on that software. Some text editors will not allow you to launch websites from inside them. I believe for Microsoft Word, you can hold down the control (CTRL) key and then click the link to open it. I could be wrong, though. I haven't used Word in ages.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 01:15 am
@Nick Ashley,
yep -- still works in Word...

............ http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9930/wordlc8.jpg

Quote:
I haven't used Word in ages.
what's up with that?? . Wink
tanguatlay

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 02:22 am
@Region Philbis,
Sorry. Region
I made a mistake. After typing on a Word document, I can access it with Control and Click key, but not if I tried to post you on another English forum. Could you try and let me know why it can't be done on another English forums, but it is OK on this forum.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 10:22 am
@tanguatlay,
tanguatlay, i don't know.
maybe you should pose this question on the other forums...
tanguatlay

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 05:53 pm
@Region Philbis,
Hi Region

I was actually asking on behalf of a friend who is a member of that forum. The reply is that they have no clickable link. A member has to type URL, the name of the link, etc before posting the query. Once the reply appears on the screen, the person reading the reply can click on the link and access its contents.
0 Replies