[answered]queries

cusick

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 06:53 am
Could you please tell me why, when I post a poem it will appear for a very short time and then is gone. The same with a short story I posted on critique? I have looked at the F.A.Q and can't find the answer there.

What is a bb code and html? As you see Iam not very conversant with computor language. Please oblige Maggie
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 717 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 07:15 am
Your poems aren't gone. Just click on Your Topics (upper left corner) and they're still there.

BB code is the formatting language used on this site. It makes things italic, for example. You can use BB code by clicking "post reply" and using one of the buttons at the top (as opposed to using the quick reply box).

HTML is another computer language. Many websites are written in it, but this one isn't (it's written in PHP).
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 07:24 am
Topics under "New Posts" & "At a glance" are constantly moving around as each time someone posts in a particular thread, no matter how old the topic is, it gets bumped up to the top of the list. Since there are often more than 1000 posts per day here things tend to move around pretty quickly. But there are plenty of other good ways to look around. You'll find your topics a lot quicker by using the links in the top left of the page, "Your Posts" "Your Topics" and "New Topics." Here's a link to find all posts by cusick.

You can also go to the forum index & browse through any particular category you're interested in, such as the "Original Writing" catergory or such.

As for BBCode & HTML, they are just ways to add things like color, styling and big ugly fonts

Welcome to the confusing world of Able2Know. Very Happy Heeheeheee
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 07:25 am
And Jespah's already answered it. Wink
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 07:32 am
Yes this site is developed using PHP, but the PHP programming on the server generates HTML code (as well as things like Javascript & CSS) for your browser to see. If you look at the source code your browser sees for these pages it is HTML.
0 Replies

cusick

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 11:51 am
Thank You
Thank you all very much for your help, I am a lot wiser now, I think.
0 Replies