Rockhead

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 01:57 pm
hmmmm.

the plot thickens...

"A wounded veteran is in the Sedgwick County Jail, accused of stalking members of Topeka's Westboro Baptist Church.

Sedgwick County jail records show Ryan Newell, 26, of Marion, was booked into jail on charges including stalking and false impersonation. Records show his bond is set at $500,000.

Sedgwick County Sheriff Bob Hinshaw said authorities pulled Newell over after noticing his vehicle following a vehicle carrying members of the Westboro Baptist Church. The church members participated in a protest at Mulvane High School Tuesday morning.

Hinshaw said Newell told authorities he was providing security for the church members and he was a reserve law enforcement officer in another county. Deputies called that county and then made the arrest.

Newell lost both of his legs in a roadside bomb explosion in Afghanistan."

(from KAKE TV)
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 01:37 pm
more on Fred's new friend...

"Local veterans are organizing a fund that will raise money for Army veteran Ryan Newell, and other veterans, by collecting aluminum cans at the American Can Company.

John Marks,of American Can Company, says the event starts at 8 a.m. Sunday at American Can located at 1410 E. 21st Street North in Wichita.

Aside from can collecting, donations can be made for Newell at the Medical Community Credit Union located at 3243 E. Murdock, Suite 105, in Wichita, organizers said.

Newell, of Marion, Kansas, is a double-amputee who lost his legs in combat in Afghanistan. He is accused of targeting members of a Topeka church known for protesting at soldiers' funerals.

Newell was charged Thursday with five misdemeanor counts for allegedly following members of the Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, KS after a protest in Mulvane on Tuesday.

On Friday, prosecutors added the felony of conspiracy to commit aggravated battery, accusing Newell of engaging in a conspiracy in which firearms were obtained and put in his vehicle and then taken to a place where church members were gathered.

Newell's lawyer, Boyd McPherson, said he's working to get Newell out of jail. Newell's bond is $500,000. His next court appearance is scheduled for December 16.

Church members protest at soldiers' funerals, saying they feel U.S. soldiers' deaths are God's punishment for American immorality."

(from KAKE TV)
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 03:46 am
@Setanta,
God most definately doesn't hate gay people in anyway shape or form. even if they are living a life of sin in HIS eyes. who amoung us isnt?? would we want to be forgiven? then we should forgiven and judge not! A faithfull couple man and man or women and women who have faith in God is better in his eyes than a straight couple who go around and cheat on each other...but never the less all religions promote something that is not perfected in Gods eyes. Christians are hard on Gays, Muslims make women wear saris that is not treating women as equal to men. in eastern philosophies you can have concubines etc no one has it perfect in Gods eyes but what i can tell you is that Love for one another is highly more important than ANYTHNG else in the whole bible except accepting Jesus as the Savior. And I see that many on here don't seem to grasp that concept.
dadpad

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 06:09 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Cant you christians agree on anything?
One lot says the bible says god hates gays the next christian you talk to tells you the opposite.
I have the solution - stop believing in fairy stories.
The bible is mostly bullshit interlaced with mythology.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 06:36 am
@dadpad,
but what i can tell you is that Love for one another is highly more important than ANYTHNG else in the whole bible except accepting Jesus as the Savior. And I see that many on here don't seem to grasp that concept.

Cant you christians agree on anything?
One lot says the bible says god hates gays the next christian you talk to tells you the opposite.
(I have the solution - stop believing in fairy stories.)
(The bible is mostly bullshit interlaced with mythology.)

need i say more or even explain my feelings? I will caption the parts that were not ness. given the fact I have no idea what faith you practice. matter of fact i didn't even ask so I had no way of slandering your faith.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 10:20 pm
I'm straight but that's not why I think God does not hate me. He doesn't hate me, I feel, because my life is one of his greatest amusements.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2012 12:01 pm
@djjd62,
And now these loons plan on picketing Sylvester Stallone’s son’s funeral!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/16/sage-stallone-death-westboro-church-picket-_n_1676362.html

Quote:
Members of the Westboro Baptist Church have been called to picket actor Sage Stallone's funeral on account of his "adulterous dad," Sylvester Stallone.

After it was announced that the 36-year-old actor had died on July 13, Margie Phelps, daughter of Westboro leader Fred Phelps, tweeted to her 5,600 followers, urging them to picket Stallone's funeral.

"Thrice-married rebel taught his son to mock God. ‪#picketfuneral‬," Phelps first tweeted on July 13.

The Westboro Baptist Church, infamous for its organized pickets at military funerals as part of its anti-gay agenda, is apparently targeting Sage because of his father's previous relationships.

"Adulterous dad brought wrath of God on son. ‪#BloodOnDadsHands‬ ‪#picketfuneral‬ ‪#woe‬," Phelps tweeted, adding, "Tell @TheSlyStallone to mourn for his sins, not pimp out son's dead body to more proud sin!"

Sylvester Stallone has been married three times and Sage was his first child with his first wife, Sasha Czack, to whom he was married from 1975 to 1985, according to MTV.

Sylvester has asked that his family's privacy be respected during this difficult time.
sozobe

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2012 12:03 pm
@jcboy,
What?

Good lord they're odious.
jcboy

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2012 12:06 pm
@sozobe,
They sure are! You know one of these days someone from that family is going to get seriously hurt by some other nut out there.

Picketing a funeral, how disrespectful and low can then go!
sozobe

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2012 12:08 pm
@jcboy,
They've done so many of those.... they just seem to pounce on any excuse to get the publicity. The more inappropriate it is, the more publicity they get. It doesn't even make sense within their own universe anymore.

Ugh.
0 Replies