takin my 92 ford truck over the top. carburated or fuel injected supercharger?

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2008 08:19 pm
i never got rid of my first vehicle. its a 1992 ford f150 and i love that truck, i'm currently working on my dream 57 chevy but at the same time i 'm working on my truck which has been more than a dream vehicle for me. i'm on my way to going over the top in every aspect. i've got a custom brush guard with a cutout to conceal the winch. total custom interior set up for amp and subs, i've got the custom front and rear axle lined up, the lift kit is ready to go, transmission is a c-6 with back to back p205 tranfercases, which pretty much leaves the motor. my engine (460, 4 bolt main, no heads yet, set up for supercharger), i'm shooting for my compression to be 8.5:1. no crankshaft or connecting rods yet. i have completely eliminated ALL wiring harnesses and have rerouted new ones to the head and tail lights etc. to keep it street legal. bottom line is that i eliminated the CPU and every other stock wiring that came with the truck. now my brother is telling me that i can get massive horsepower gains by switching to a fuel injected. i was planning to run carburated. i have my two fuel cells set up for a manual fuel pump and my lines are ran already. i would be willing to reroute any lines and add to the wiring if i find a fuel injected supercharger that offers enough horse power gain. i'm shooting for 900hp+. I'm more of a carb type of guy cuz thats what i know. i was planning on running a 8 71 charger but now that my brother has me swaying i'm wondering if i should run a 10 71. Can anyone help me out?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,551 • Replies: 0
No top replies