Ford....Walking The Walk?

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 06:40 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

The VP of GM is on David Gregory right now....just heard him say that if they get the bailout they'll restructure their company and eliminate 10s of thousands of jobs to save costs.

So we need to give them a bailout to save jobs.....so that they can eliminate jobs???????

I'm getting confused as to why we HAVE to do this again?

This is what I was saying above. Thousands and thousands are fucked either way. So why the rush to bail them out?

God damn their market cap is only 3.5 BILLION DOLLARS, we should just BUY the companies outright!!!

Cycloptichorn
Green Witch

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 06:46 pm
@maporsche,
I heard a car dealer interviewed on NPR today. He said he sells 100 Hondas for every one Chrysler. I think if any of the American companies goes under Toyota and Honda will pick up the bulk of the difference.

I feel sorry for businesses tied to the American Auto Industry, but these CEO's and their marketing departments deserve to be unemployed and on soup line in Detroit. I don't think pouring money into their hands is going to save anyone.

maporsche

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 07:29 pm
@Green Witch,
Of course they will.

SOMEONE will fill the demand for vehicles. It will be the companies who produce what the consumers want.

GM dealers will convert to Honda dealers.

GM parts suppliers will convert to Toyota parts suppliers (if they haven't already, I'm quite sure most already do this).

GM auto mechanics will still have GM vehicles to work on for the next 20-30 years, not a many, so they'll supplement with working on Nissans.

Something/someone will fill the demands.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 07:30 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I know you said it, but it's a little different seeing the plans and hearing the VP of GM say it.
0 Replies