india? you heard about the attacks?

Foofie

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2008 11:32 am
I thought Islam is a religion of peace? Oddly, some of these terrorists seem to be Muslims? Is it possible that when a Muslim decides to be a terrorist, it is in context of being a Muslim, a follower of this religion of peace?

I am wondering if some adherents of Islam have not gotten over the loss of a Caliph over the Ottoman Empire, prior to WWI? How much of the terrorism that is called "radical Islamic terrorism," by the media, is caused by some sort of face-saving need for losing the actual Islamic armies of the Ottoman Empire?

hamburger

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2008 08:15 pm
@OGIONIK,
what , if any, is the connection to the ongoing problems in AFGHANISTAN ?
a/t to a recent BBC report , INDIA is becoming increasingly involved in afghanistan and the PAKISTANI government and security services are not happy about india's growing influence .

see : http://able2know.org/topic/125475-2#post-3489621
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2008 12:59 am
@OCCOM BILL,
Very Happy
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2008 01:01 am
@spidergal,
Quote:
I smell al-Qaeda.

Good sense of smell.

If you were Zippo or Blueflame you might smell the Bush Administration, but then you would be a conspiracy nut.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2008 01:03 am
@Foofie,
I didn't suggest you agreed with Zippo, I was expressing my astonishment with your inquiring as to what he meant.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2008 01:17 am
@Merry Andrew,
Quote:
don't think the final body count is in yet -- how could it be? they're still shooting -- but there's something interesting I heard on the news this morning. Quote -- "It has been reported that several Americans are among the injured." End of quote. Emphasis mine. Purportedly the targets from the outset were Americans, Brits and Jews. And yet out of more than 100 reported killed, a few Americans have only been injured??? Something not quite right here.

It's India - how many Americans were in Mumbai at the time of the attack and what percentage did they reflect relative to the entire population of Mumbai?

Enter jacked up with promises of heaven terrorists --- they may be looking for Americans and Brits to kill but it's insipid to think they were precisely selective in their kills.

Something is not quite right?

What, Merry in your feverish dreams, might it be?

Quote:
Btw, when I said I tended to agree with Zippo on the false flag theory, I did not mean to imply that, therefore, this has been staged by the Bush administration (although the CIA could possibly have a role). Whether or not the attackers are Muslims is really irrelevant. The point is that Westerners are probably not actually the target; Indian politicos are. There are begining to be rumblings that Pakistan is behind it.

"Although the CIA could possibly have a role" : As idiotic a statement as ever I have read.

"Whether or not the attackers are Muslims is really irrelevant." : How so?

Because you happen to buy, without any credible evidence, the notion that the Pakistani government was the source of this attack?

Let's see:

1) The Bush Administration wants an excuse to wage one more war and so stages an attack against India that cannot possibly result in a US military operation.

2) The CIA stages the attack because they want India to go to war with Pakistan, or they want Indian Hindus to distrust and hate Indian muslims.

3) Pakistan stages the attack because they want to go to war with India.

4) Islamist fanatics stage the attack because they want to kill infidels and stir up chaos.

PLEASE VOTE: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
Zippo

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2008 07:43 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
PLEASE VOTE: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

Here is your answer buddy. Read and absorb. If you think Jews are 'Gods chosen' people and would never do this ... I have a pedophilic rabbi to sell ya!

Quote:
Ben Gurion on Pakistan, published in the Jewish Chronicle, 1967:

"The world Zionist movement should not be neglectful of the dangers of Pakistan to it. And Pakistan now should be its first target, for this ideological State is a threat to our existence. And Pakistan, the whole of it, hates the Jews and loves the Arabs.

"This lover of the Arabs is more dangerous to us than the Arabs themselves. For that matter, it is most essential for the world Zionism that it should now take immediate steps against Pakistan.

"Whereas the inhabitants of the Indian peninsula are Hindus whose hearts have been full of hatred towards Muslims, therefore, India is the most important base for us to work therefrom against Pakistan.

"It is essential that we exploit this base and strike and crush Pakistanis, enemies of Jews and Zionism, by all disguised and secret plans."
hamburger

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2008 09:24 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
just my opinion :

1) the elected pakistani "governemnt" is not likely behind the mumbai attack .

2) the pakistani secret service might very well be supporting rogue pakistani groups trying to sour relations between the new pakistani government and the indian government .

see what fox news posted recently (and they are not the only ones) :

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,394245,00.html

from the fox report :

Quote:
CIA Cites Pakistan Spy Agency's Ties to Militant Groups

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Bush administration suspects rogue elements in Pakistan's spy agency are helping militants stage attacks from the tribal region bordering Afghanistan, a U.S. counterterrorism official said Wednesday.

Top CIA and U.S. military officials recently traveled to the country to press their concerns about the apparent ties with Pakistani officials.
Foofie

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2008 05:12 pm
@Zippo,
Zippo wrote:

Here is your answer buddy. Read and absorb. If you think Jews are 'Gods chosen' people and would never do this ... I have a pedophilic rabbi to sell ya!

What is with this type of dialogue? Jews only think they were chosen by God to obey his commandments. That has nothing to do with anything else? And, when did you start selling rabbis? Zippo, are you not on the side of Americans, Brits, and Jews???
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2008 06:46 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

I thought Islam is a religion of peace?

No, it is not. You can forget the crap about it being peaceful. There may be some moderate muslims, but their religion is not a religion of moderation. Don't ever be fooled into believing that it is.
spendius

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2008 06:48 pm
@Wilso,
I don't think there's much danger of that Wilso.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2008 07:37 am
@Wilso,
Dont tell me Wilso, just because an A-rab who probably had three or four times bigger dick then yours has decided to run away with your wife/girlfriend (who preferred him)... you decided to hate his religion ? ha ha!
JTT

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2008 12:18 pm
@Wilso,
Quote:
Foofie wrote: I thought Islam is a religion of peace?

Quote:

No, it is not. You can forget the crap about it being peaceful. There may be some moderate muslims, but their religion is not a religion of moderation. Don't ever be fooled into believing that it is.

Islam is as much a religion of peace as any of the other religions of the world. But 'religion of peace' is pretty much an oxymoron.
Foofie

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2008 01:14 pm
@Zippo,
Zippo wrote:

Dont tell me Wilso, just because an A-rab who probably had three or four times bigger dick then yours has decided to run away with your wife/girlfriend (who preferred him)... you decided to hate his religion ? ha ha!

What I love about the U.S. military these days is that it is not all male. U.S. military women can kick ass as well as men, and our enemies are just that much more humiliated by knowing a military force with women can defeat them in battle. This is not new, our enemies in WWII wanted the women to be good hausfraus, while the men went off to conquer the world. And now with the Middle East, women are supposed to raise children and have minimal opportunity, until liberated by their male chauvenist culture, by the U.S.

I am sure you agree with me Zippo, that the U.S. is so obviously the good guys in this clash of civilizations.
Zippo

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2008 02:42 pm
@Foofie,
Yeah, I cant disagree with you there buddy, you are correct! ... btw, my comment to Wilso was just a bit of humor. ha ha! No religion is ever peaceful, I agree with JTT
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2008 03:08 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
What I love about the U.S. military these days is that it is not all male. U.S. military women can kick ass as well as men, and our enemies are just that much more humiliated by knowing a military force with women can defeat them in battle.

Don't kid yourself Foofie. It is the tools that kick ass. We owe it to superior science and technology. We always have. Our effete way of life makes us no match for those lot if weapons technologies are equal. We have even called the Mumbai terrorists "cowards" as we shoot at them from drones.

The nerdy swots in the labs did it.
Foofie

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2008 05:30 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:
What I love about the U.S. military these days is that it is not all male. U.S. military women can kick ass as well as men, and our enemies are just that much more humiliated by knowing a military force with women can defeat them in battle.

Don't kid yourself Foofie. It is the tools that kick ass. We owe it to superior science and technology. We always have. Our effete way of life makes us no match for those lot if weapons technologies are equal. We have even called the Mumbai terrorists "cowards" as we shoot at them from drones.

The nerdy swots in the labs did it.

As long as there are women in uniform, and the enemy knows it, it might not matter who/what does the work of dealing with an enemy. What matters is that we do not have our women relegated to hausfraus! The fact that Merkel is the head of Germany, in my opinion, is what shows that Germany has transcended its 20th century history.

There seems to be a correlation, oftentimes, with a lack of women having opportunity, and radical politics, be it a nation state or group. We are not just spreading democracy, in my opinion, we are spreading the horse sense that a culture/civilization should utilize the brain power of all of its citizens.

Nothing is wrong with drones. Remember the meek shall inherit the Earth.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2008 05:51 pm
@Zippo,
Zippo, you are a conspiracy nut and anti-semite. Your opinions don't matter to me buddy, other than sources of amazement, and bemusement.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2008 05:57 pm
@hamburger,
A reasonable opinion.

Factions within the Pakistani intelligence services might very well have had a role in these attacks. If they did, it was in supporting a group that had it's own agenda. it is highly unlikely the terrorists were direct agents of the Pakistani intelligence agency.

An irrational opinion is that the Bush Administration or the CIA was behind these attacks.

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2008 06:51 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
What matters is that we do not have our women relegated to hausfraus!

My mother's generation considered working to be relegation. And a lot of women still do. But those who work in Media all work obviously so they justify it en bloc and you think it's best because Media is your source of belief. Are you saying that a housewife with a husband to support her is a second-class citizen?

Women in the military is not the same as women in front-line combat.

Are you in favour of women taking the jobs over and us men doing the housework and getting glammed up. I like it. It sounds cool to me.