dagmaraka

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 04:33 pm
@JPB,
thanks, jpb.
JPB

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 04:42 pm
@dagmaraka,
Your welcome, dag.

US State Dept call center for Americans concerned about U.S. citizen family/friends in Mumbai 1-888-407-4747
dagmaraka

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 04:45 pm
@JPB,
Taj hotel seems to be secured, 50 hostages were taken out through back entrance...more are climbing down the ladders brought by security forces and fire brigades. Army has moved to the Oberoi hotel.

Taj is still burning.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 04:50 pm
Okay, here are the reason I think this is a false-flag operation.

1. Brand new terror groups have tight budgets. This group, the "Deccan Muhajedeen" (sounds like a sports team, like Cleveland Indians or Cincinnati Pirates) appears from nowhere with a large force, fully automatic weapons, grenades, and intelligence resources on the scale of a nation state.

2. FOX News and CNN are now both reporting that the "terrorists" who took hostages at the Oberoi hotel were specifically seeking people with US and British passports. So, regardless of whatever the "Deccan Muhajedeen" claims their objective may be, the real agenda is to provoke a British and US response.

3. The timing is suspect, occurring just when Bush needs an excuse to kick off one more war of Obama to have to deal with and certainly convenient timing for Israel, which sees Obama as far less likely to engage in more wars for Israel. And, for the last several; weeks Israel has been starving Gaza mercilessly, in advance of an obvious military action, and has kept reporters and even the Papel Envoy out of Gaza.
dagmaraka

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 04:57 pm
@Zippo,
British, U.S., and Jewish, it seems. Those are reported to have been the target groups so far.
JPB

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 05:02 pm
@dagmaraka,
CNN reports that the security at the Taj Hotel was relaxed just a few days ago and major security equipment was removed as no longer needed.
spendius

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 05:57 pm
Do you people really think that your emotional displays are of the slightest use to anything outside your own sense of self worth or anybody other than the terrorists.

Do you really think that your response is something the terrorists were not expecting. It is what they seek.
dagmaraka

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 06:07 pm
@JPB,
Some people are being rescued from the Taj hotel's new building as well as from the Oberoi.... There is still stand-off at the hospital and at the guest house with the Jewish residents...it's been 7 hours now.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 06:35 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Oh, really? That must breed a lot of resentment, and, dare I say, at least in some cases, unnecessarily so.
Foofie

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 09:27 pm
@Zippo,
Zippo wrote:

Okay, here are the reason I think this is a false-flag operation.

1. Brand new terror groups have tight budgets. This group, the "Deccan Muhajedeen" (sounds like a sports team, like Cleveland Indians or Cincinnati Pirates) appears from nowhere with a large force, fully automatic weapons, grenades, and intelligence resources on the scale of a nation state.

2. FOX News and CNN are now both reporting that the "terrorists" who took hostages at the Oberoi hotel were specifically seeking people with US and British passports. So, regardless of whatever the "Deccan Muhajedeen" claims their objective may be, the real agenda is to provoke a British and US response.

3. The timing is suspect, occurring just when Bush needs an excuse to kick off one more war of Obama to have to deal with and certainly convenient timing for Israel, which sees Obama as far less likely to engage in more wars for Israel. And, for the last several; weeks Israel has been starving Gaza mercilessly, in advance of an obvious military action, and has kept reporters and even the Papel Envoy out of Gaza.

So, Zippo, you left out the conclusion of your analysis. Who are the guys doing the shooting, and what is their objective by killing in India? It might only make life for Indian Muslims possibly less comfortable with the Hindu majority?

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 09:41 pm
@Zippo,
I agree with your reasoning, Zippo. These Deccan Muhajedeen are just too well organized and equipped to be some sort of wild-eyed rabble group. Also, this is the first time I've heard of them. Taliban or Tamil Tigers were the logical early suspects in my mind. So, yes, to suspect a false-flag operation is hardly paranoid.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 09:51 pm
@spendius,
How do you do it spendius?

I post something only barely as provactive as yours and I attract the fell attention of the Harpies of The Left.

You post

Quote:
Do you people really think that your emotional displays are of the slightest use to anything outside your own sense of self worth

and it slips beneath the radar of the sanctimonious.

You're absolutely right on point of course.

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 09:55 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
And I have travelled a fair bit. All around the middle-east. Baazaar in Damascus. The Gut in Malta when the US fleet was in. I've met tribesmen. Not to be trifled with.

The Souk al-Hamayyad, which eventually turns into the Street Called Straight, in Damscus is a trip all in itself. Never been to Malta.

I suppose I owe you an apology, Spendi. I just thought you were giving O.G. bad advice. I'm one for impulsive moves. I'm also something of a tumbleweed with no fixed roots anywhere. Not one to cry with passion, "This is my own, my native land!" I don't know whether travel is actually "broadening" as they like to say, but it sure as hell beats sitting around, wishing you'd actually gone surfing on the North Shore of Oahu and spent the night at a quaint inn in the town of Halewa instead of reading about it.

Quote:
T.S. Eliot, an American who fled, said that one should try a chap if one wishes to be adventurous.

I personally think T (ough) S(hit) Eliot is greatly overrated as a poet, let along a cogent thinker. When he took British citizenship, many Americans were quite joyful.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 09:57 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm not sure I understand, Osso. Why should my choice of lifestyle be a cause for resentment by anyone?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 09:58 pm
@Foofie,
Are you really struggling with what Zippo is actually suggesting and Merry is agreeing with?

These two are seriously suggesting that the heinous events in Mubai are, in fact, the planned tactic of the Bush Administration.

You can easily be forgiven your inability to comprehend such a ridiculous claim, but that's what they are suggesting.

Should an Asteroid find us in its path a hundred years from now, Zippo III will be honoring his ancestor by arguing it is part of a governmental conspiracy --- and probably one seeded by the Bush Administration.
Wilso

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 09:59 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Want to bet they're Islamists?

I think the odds would be pretty short. Can't imagine you'll have many takers.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 10:02 pm
@Wilso,
I agree, but I would also take a bet there is no shortage of A2Kers who are really hoping that they are not Islamists.

(If only to put me in my perceived place)
Wilso

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 10:05 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I agree, but I would also take a bet there is no shortage of A2Kers who are really hoping that they are not Islamists.

Every time I hear of an explosion, my first thought is always Islamists, until such time as it's shown to be otherwise.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 11:00 pm
@Wilso,
Smart
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 12:04 am
@Wilso,
Wilso wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Every time I hear of an explosion, my first thought is always Islamists, until such time as it's shown to be otherwise.

i lol'd!