Heifer International; a great organization to support

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2003 12:39 pm
Heifer International; a great organization to support:
http://www.heifer.org/

---BumbleBeeBoogie

Heifer animals (and training in their care) offer hungry families around the world a way to feed themselves and become self-reliant. Children receive nutritious milk or eggs; families earn income for school, health care and better housing; communities go beyond meeting immediate needs to fulfilling dreams. Farmers learn sustainable, environmentally sound agricultural techniques.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heifer Chosen as One of 100 Best

Worth magazine selected Heifer as one of the 100 best charities in the US.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 597 • Replies: 5
No top replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 04:57 pm
BBB,you obviously know nothing about cattle.A heifer is a young female cow,usually under 2 years old,that has never been bred.There is no way a child can receive eggs from a heifer,sorry.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 04:59 pm
mysteryman, Heifer Int'l. doesn't just deal in heifers. They also make it so you can donate chickens, etc. Hence, the eggs reference, I'm guessing.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 05:01 pm
OH,ok.I just went to the link provided and read more then BBB's synopsis. Boy,am I embarrased Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 05:03 pm
Here, have a bouquet of ducklings.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 05:15 pm
thanx jespah,you are a true friend,even if you do host weird parties online sometimes. Razz
0 Replies