Rainsoft Water Softner Timer Problem

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 05:09 pm
I bought my rainsoft in 1994. I had the timer motor replaced 2 years ago. Now the repairman says the gear behind the dial that shows the cycles is not being engaged properly so the softner gets stuck in a cycle. My timer is a mechanical type with the pins you push or pull to set it. They said this type is not made anymore and can't be bought now. They want $1800 for a new timer assmbly. Is there a replacement for this rainsoft unit that I can install.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 7,379 • Replies: 10
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 02:00 pm
@gapman59,
The tooth on the index lever has worn away.
I have the part and the skills.
gapman59

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 05:45 pm
@H2O MAN,
Ok where is this part located Smile This timer seems pretty simple I have an exploded view of all the parts.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 09:14 am
@gapman59,
gapman59 wrote:

Ok where is this part located Smile This timer seems pretty simple I have an exploded view of all the parts.

The index lever is under all of the other parts.
It is the longest part with an upside down U at the bottom and a bird beak at
the top. It has a hole in the middle and a lever extending from the upper left.

This part is no longer available and has been a non-stocking item for years.
lcrouse

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 10:48 pm
@H2O MAN,
I have a Rainsoft AM32CT-8 water softener. I had to replace the microswitches but don't have the manuals. I need a wiring diagram. would you have one?
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 01:54 pm
@lcrouse,
lcrouse wrote:

I have a Rainsoft AM32CT-8 water softener. I had to replace the microswitches but don't have the manuals.
I need a wiring diagram. would you have one?

I can email a PDF to you...
lcrouse

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2009 07:37 pm
@H2O MAN,
my email is larrycrouse100 at att dot net. I know that some of these boards filter out email addresses so I didn't use the symbols etc. so just insert the proper symbols for the words at and dot
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2009 02:03 pm
@lcrouse,

email sent Cool
shan3139

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 08:13 pm
@H2O MAN,
I have a Rainsoft softener that was given to my husband & I about 3 yrs ago. Unfortunately, a manual was not included with it. I have looked on the system for a model # and have been unsuccessful in finding one; is there a specific spot on the system that this can be found? It is an older model and was hoping someone could assist me with this. It has not been running properly the last couple months.
Joethewaterguy

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 04:19 pm
@shan3139,
the two most common series on older models are the AM and the AQ. AM is a mechanical timer , AQ is digital. They both use the same brass valve. Over time things get worn and need service, could be why "It has not been running properly the last couple months. "
cobbcruiser

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 09:56 am
@Joethewaterguy,
Hello, I guess I have the AM model as mine is mechanical. Does someone have the manual they can forward to me (like H2O Man as indicated previously :-) )?

Also, where can I purchase the gears? The smallest gear, which I believe is the main timing gear, cracked and so it's not regenerating. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. My email is alex dot amsoil at gmail dot com. Thanks!

Alex
0 Replies