Obama Abandons Agenda

cjhsa

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 06:48 am
cj: A simple briefing was all it took and he's shriveling like a worm in the sun.

EXCLUSIVE: Agenda disappears from Obama Web site
Stephen Dinan (Contact)

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/nov/11/exclusive-obama-deletes-agenda-from-transition-web/

EXCLUSIVE:

President-elect Barack Obama over the weekend scrubbed his transition Web site, deleting most of what had been a massive agenda for his first term that appears on his campaign's site.

Gone from Change.gov are the promises on how an Obama administration would handle 25 agenda items " from Iraq and immigration to taxes and urban policy " which the campaign first laid out on the Web site www.BarackObama.com.

As The Washington Times first reported Monday morning, the official agenda on Change.gov has been boiled down to one vague paragraph proclaiming a plan "to revive the economy, to fix our health care, education, and social security systems, to define a clear path to energy independence, to end the war in Iraq responsibly and finish our mission in Afghanistan, and to work with our allies to prevent Iran from developing a nuclear weapon, among many other domestic and foreign policy objectives."

"We are currently retooling the Web site," said Obama transition spokesman Nick Shapiro.

The 25 agenda items and Mr. Obama's action items for each are still available on Mr. Obama's campaign site.

The Obama team announced Change.gov on Wednesday, but because of an early glitch, the site wasn't available to the public until Thursday. The agenda items, which were active for at least part of the weekend, appeared to have been deleted by late Saturday.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 3,151 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 07:11 am
@cjhsa,

why not wait to see what it looks like when it's retooled before you begin to gloat?
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 07:17 am
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

cj: A simple briefing was all it took and he's shriveling like a worm in the sun.

EXCLUSIVE: Agenda disappears from Obama Web site
Stephen Dinan (Contact)

All this because his team is retooling a new website?
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 07:19 am
@engineer,
the thought of a black president has made ceej's dick shrivel like a worm in the sun..... Wink
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 07:23 am
@engineer,
Well, it was on Drudge so it must be a big deal!
rosborne979

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 07:40 am
@cjhsa,
OMG a web site is being changed.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 07:53 am
@rosborne979,
while waiting for the site to re launch amuse yourself at www.iputgunsinmybutt.com shot at cjhsa's end of the world compound in the woods of Michigan.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 08:20 am
@cjhsa,
Cjhsa- Haven't you been around long enough to understand that what any person says when he is running for office, and what actually happens often is quite different? Like every other president-elect who thought that he could leap tall buildings with a single bound, reality is beginning to set in.

Cut the guy some slack, for Pete's sake!
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 08:21 am
@cjhsa,
Well I'm used to miserable failures in Washington after the last 8 years so should your scenario play out I will require no major adjustments....now go fellate one of your guns.... don't forget to load it and take the safety off...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 08:24 am
@Phoenix32890,
No chance. He bought the election, now the bills come due. My bill is quite large.
Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 08:28 am
@cjhsa,
Cjhsa- As you know, I was NOT one of Obama's biggest fans. I think though, that he deserves a chance to prove himself. If he screws up, I will be one of the first to squawk, but I am taking a "wait and see" attitude.

Besides, what does bitching and griping "before the fact" prove????
flyboy804

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 08:29 am
@Phoenix32890,
Phoenix32890 wrote:

Cjhsa- Haven't you been around long enough to understand that what any person says when he is running for office, and what actually happens often is quite different? Like every other president-elect who thought that he could leap tall buildings with a single bound, reality is beginning to set in.

Cut the guy some slack, for Pete's sake!

I was not an Obama supporter, but "amen" to your sentiments
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 08:30 am
@cjhsa,
It's so nice that Bush has not done any "nation building" as he promised, isn't it?
cjhsa

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 08:33 am
@parados,
I will never understand the left's stance on Iraq. It was long overdue - Pappy Bush screwed that one up - I threw my hands up then when they retreated. WTF!!!!
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 08:35 am
@cjhsa,
Easy of course for you to pause and throw your hands up...since you were merely safely ensconsed in the USA cheerleading the event....rather than putting yourself in harm's way....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 08:37 am
@Phoenix32890,
it proves that ceej is an asshole.

I will turn on Obama fast if he doesn't produce...but he's not even president yet. so far he's behaving and talking in a way that I like very much.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 08:51 am
@Butrflynet,
The difference between Obama and Bush is that Obama is adjusting to the end of his campaign and preparing for governing. Obama knows the difference.

Bush never made that adjustment. He governed as if he was still campaigning, which is one reason why he was such a disaster. Bush never knew anything about governing. All he knew was campaigning.

BBB
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 09:53 am
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:
The 25 agenda items and Mr. Obama's action items for each are still available on Mr. Obama's campaign site.

Not much of a cover-up, is it? So he's, like, abandoning his agenda because right now it's only available on one of his two websites instead of on both? Am I distilling the point of the article correctly?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 10:09 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I agree. I was very pleasantly surprised at his acceptance speech. (Keeping fingers crossed).
0 Replies