kickycan

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 10:47 am
@spendius,
Why would it be?
OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 11:04 am
@kickycan,
kickycan wrote:

How do you feel about these people? This clip was taken on the subway in NYC on election night.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQI77UCBiPo&feature=related[/youtube]
Very Happy Very cool. Thanks for posting.
spendius

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 12:09 pm
@kickycan,
Quote:
Why would it be?

Well- what with your Treasury Secretary not knowing which ear he is standing upon and talk of the US motor industry going bust plus a fair number of other intractable problems one can be pretty certain that that celebratory, hysterical gaggle had no idea what they voted for other than a short list of rhetorical flourishes delivered in a deep authoritative tone.

And the principle campaign promise having been fulfilled with the sweet and easy phrase--"Change has come."

"When Quinn the Eskimo gets here everybody's going to jump for joy."

I was only expressing an opinion. I would have been ashamed.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 01:02 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Yeah, I thought so too. I 'm a little pissed that I missed out on that kind of celebration. Here's another great one from Union Square.

And youtube is filled with other ones from all over the world. It's good to see that even though these people will have to live the rest of their lives without the comfort of RexRed's Christian embrace, they can at least take some small measure of solace with each other in song.
cjhsa

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 01:47 pm
@kickycan,
I can't wait to see the celebration when they get their post-tax hike paycheck.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 01:48 pm
@kickycan,

This is Grant Park Chicago when CNN announced Virginia going to Obama and then just two minutes later they called the election.
kickycan

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 02:10 pm
@JPB,
I love it!
JPB

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 02:13 pm
@kickycan,
I was in the middle of the crush. It was GREAT!
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 09:05 pm
Quote:
I'm dropping my democrat "friends".

I said I was gonna do it, but didn't have the heart...

I guess I am all fluff.

They need me, I need them... they give my life purpose. If everyone was perfect on the outsiede life would lose its meaning.

I can at most be thankful I am not them and that I don't see life generally in the way they do...

I care more. I listen more. I think more.

Though I can sometime be quite harsh and crude, I still strive to be the best I can.

The world has lost its fashion.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 09:49 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQI77UCBiPo&eurl=http://able2know.org/topic/125195-4

If Obama keeps his word...

IF, in four years if he has observably done his best to keep us safe... and to not just forced his crappy communist ideas on us.

If, he makes fair policy and is fiscally responsible.

THEN, I will be as joyful as these people in this video.

BUT... Considering Obama's past with Acorn, and his association with a racist church for twenty years… and Ayers ( and the list goes on and on)... It leaves allot to have to question…

I know less about Obama than ever... because, he was political in his campaign not necessarily TRUTHFUL. I have been honest in my criticism of him...Yet his campaign was blatantly dishonest!

He has allot to make up for it.

If, he gets on the right track and starts doing the work of the people rather than wasting time undoing it…

YET, it remains to be seen… I am not convinced by his words when his past deeds tell a different story…

If, others want to accept him on face value and disregard his past well that is their dumb stupid prerogative, just as it is my prerogative to be reserved and wait to see if he can lead in an ethically and experienced manner.

I am not one of those who thinks George W. Bush is "stupid" and Obama may find his OWN policies "failing" worse than Bush's ever did. It may have served Obama better to have been more humble to his predecessor considering he may receive the same treatment and bitter sound bytes (that he has delved out seemingly without conscience) when he exits the presidency in four or eight years.

I have chosen that in light Of Obama's shady past, he will receive my TRUST, ONLY when he fulfills his promises…

I am not saying I am perfect myself... BUT I did not run for president. YET, I would NEVER have set foot near black OR white racists! I would NEVER have had even lose ties to Ayers or the likes! I would NEVER have participated in an organization like “Acorn” conceived and designed to alter the vote in a deceptive way and ROB banks “legally“ (so to speak) with dishonest loopholes...

These things in Obama's past will follow him whether he likes it or not! He put himself in the spotlight. The only thing that can change THAT is: MANY GOOD DEEDS.

If Obama does "many good deeds" in service of this country and the ideals of liberty, life etc... Then I may more than trust him, I may grow to love and respect him just as I love and respect the many good deeds of George W. Bush.

Right now there is NOTHING yet to love and respect but empty words and juvenile ideals that are contrary to liberty and more like tyranny. This in light of his past are two negatives to me. I just don’t go for a pretty face…

THESE ARE THE PROVING HOURS!

I want to rejoice like these people but I am not that EASY…

Character trumps color… but it takes character (not just color) to know that.
0 Replies

anastasia

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 10:11 pm
@RexRed,
dude.

i've got some awesome recordings you should hear. it must suck, only having friends you really hate.
RexRed

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 10:20 pm
@anastasia,
Quote:

dude.

i've got some awesome recordings you should hear. it must suck, only having friends you really hate.

I don't hate people, even the worst of them, I discriminate against unholy ideals.
RexRed

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 10:21 pm
I prefer the front lines.
0 Replies

anastasia

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 10:35 pm
@RexRed,
i was speaking about your friends.
anastasia

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 10:53 pm
@anastasia,
nevermind, you've lost my interest, which was the "friends" you have.

sleep tight!
RexRed

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 10:57 pm
@anastasia,
Quote:
nevermind, you've lost my interest, which was the "friends" you have.

sleep tight!

You are interested in me because of my friends?
anastasia

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 11:07 pm
@RexRed,
it was the topic of the thread.

kudos to you, though, for using the adjective right. good job. "democrat" or "democratic" ... very important.

just like what you were say ... oops ... sorry - you were saying what?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 11:18 pm
I am interested in my friends because they take the effort to try and be nice and civilized in spite of their foundational faulty logic that quite often suffers from sever shortsightedness.

There needs to be a certain level of civility. If I feel this civility is “honest” and respectful then I can leave many of their bygones in the past.

I am an entertainer and I have met MANY souls out on ‘the road”. It is a weary road with a multitude of hills, unexpected turns and contours in the landscape that often leave one longing for a better place.

The only home I have is inside me, yet I am content…

It is a hodge-podge of all things melded into a new thing that make up the perfect ideal for me. Endless nights strumming my guitar wildly and screaming as loud as I can in some dimly lit neon bar. The louder and more fiercely I play the more they applaud.

I cannot “make” peace… I need to just “keep” peace, with God. If my “friends” are truly sensitive to this they will understand...

Truth at times comes from the strangest and most unexpected of places.

I am more than a machine.

That is all I can think of to say right now.
spendius

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 06:02 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
I am more than a machine.

Not according to the materialists I'm afraid. And they have scientific proof. One of them I read saw you as a waystation between the agricultural industry and the sewage plant. End of story.