Anyone notice all the Obama slamming ads?

Linkat

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 04:02 pm
There are lots of Obama slamming ads here on A2k - I just saw two - one about that the voting was tainted and one about kissing your paycheck goodbye.

What's the deal?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 2,116 • Replies: 32
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 04:12 pm
@Linkat,
What do you think it might be, Linkat?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 04:17 pm
@Linkat,
I don't know - it is over to the right margin while I am A2K. I tried to hit the link (which I probably shouldn't have) out of curiousity and my company blocks this website. I think it was sodahead.com? Not sure though - they aren't always there - sometimes it is a T shirt website advertising Obama shirts (not negative).

I just figured with the election over I shouldn't have to deal with any more negative ads.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 04:20 pm
@Linkat,
They still want to sell T-shirts. It's just business.
roger

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 04:21 pm
@Linkat,
Haven't noticed them, and as you say, the election is over. Time to quit advertising a product that's already been taken off the shelves.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 04:23 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Actually there are two different websites - one that appears to be selling T shirts. The other I couldn't open - -the negative one called soda head. I just looked it up in google and google described it as creating and answering polls.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 04:24 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Well, most of the threads - not all but most - are about the election, thus the big google eye picks up on that in general and Obama in particular as the key subject on the topics page.
Linkat

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 04:25 pm
@ossobuco,
It seems to come up when I choose "My Posts" - don't know what that says about me!
ossobuco

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 04:26 pm
@Linkat,
I rarely if ever look at my posts - not saying they're not there.. but they're also showing up on All Topics/New Posts.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 04:29 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Actually there are two different websites - one that appears to be selling T shirts. The other I couldn't open - -the negative one called soda head. I just looked it up in google and google described it as creating and answering polls.
Sodahead.com appears to be a message board, not unlike this one. Seems as good of way as any to nab some new users. Again, just business.
Linkat

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 04:30 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Well they block me from soda - but I can access A2K - you must be the nice guys.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 06:07 pm
@Linkat,
Should you be blabbing here on A2K while on your company's time?

So you don't appreciate the ads...don't pay attention to them and don't click the links.

There's also always this advice:

"If thy eye offends thee, pluck it out "
Linkat

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 12:30 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You have something stuffed up your a$$ don't you?

I was simply curious what the website was about as I did not have access - and not that I care one ounce about what you think - but I posted this after hours at work not during - like me here now while I am eating lunch.
Miller

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 12:33 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

There are lots of Obama slamming ads here on A2k - I just saw two

Is that supposed to be LOTS?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 05:58 pm
@Linkat,
No, but you must.

Your guy won and your still whining about a couple of ads slamming him.

Sorry, but not everyone in America thinks we just elected The Messiah.

Get used to it.

The Bush-Haters have dished it out for eight years, now let's see how they take it.
roger

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 06:47 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

The Bush-Haters have dished it out for eight years, now let's see how they take it.

Oh, I hear that, all right, but I'm willing to wait till he does something as president.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 08:47 pm
@roger,
Me too roger, but I'll be damned if I'm going to tolerate "Obama is off limits" BS.

I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt for now, but Bush-Haters telling anyone they have to lay off him chaps my arse.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 08:56 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Well, most of the threads - not all but most - are about the election, thus the big google eye picks up on that in general and Obama in particular as the key subject on the topics page.

I still think this is why we get ads for and against candidates.. that is what the topics are about.

On bush-haters, I'm one, in that I hated him being president - but I don't remember repeatedly hammering at that here on a2k - really, what's the point?
I don't remember Linkat or Butrfly (a clear Obama appreciator) being hateful about Bush, they are temperate posters.

So, Finn, you seem to be making a point on the back of this thread that didn't really call for such, ah, angst.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 09:11 pm
@ossobuco,
And Roger and Occom Bill are not wild eyed libs either. That's my role, but I had a non-political explanation for the ads' presence.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 09:53 pm
@ossobuco,
There is a difference between "hating" Bush being president and hating Bush.

If Linkat is not a Bush-Hater, then I may have overreacted, but if he/she is, I did not.

In any case, how much longer do we have to suffer the indignation of Obama supporters who cannot bear to see their guy criticized?