Anyone notice all the Obama slamming ads?

ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 10:17 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I don't know, but Linkat is one of the very most temperate posters on anything political - although I also don't remember her equivocating - and she is certainly more conservative than me, though that leaves a lot of room. My take is that she noticed the rather noticeable ads, and commented.

On criticizing Obama, or any new pres elect, there seems to be a historic wait period and then a honeymoon - how real that has been over decades and centuries, I've no idea. I will probably criticize him myself at some point - but I don't know that yet, and not because I expect him to make "liberal" choices. I'm left of him, but I understand that his choices are not all woven in my brain. I know he is not going to make all the decisions I would, and believe him, at least for now, re the attention to much more than liberal approval. The doing of that, I dunno, one way or the other, or in between.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 10:20 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
reply 2 -

on Bush, I've never hated him entirely as a person - I guess I early on saw him as trapped. So I certainly get that hating someone and hating someone as president is different. But... the people who yell about it don't usually get that.
dyslexia

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 10:30 pm
@ossobuco,
rachael rays diet works
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 10:32 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
But... the people who yell about it don't usually get that.

Indeed not.

Your postings are a good example of why I try to distinquish between Liberal and liberals through use of the upper case "L."

I certainly believe liberals are, more often then not, wrong-headed, but that doesn't mean I can't respect the mind that developed the opposing point of view.

Liberals on the other hand....
ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 10:56 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Whereas I think of Liberals as some sort of european or canadian or australian relatively conservative political faction...

I'm off, g'night.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 11:11 pm
@ossobuco,
But you would, wouldn't you?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 06:37 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I don't know, but Linkat is one of the very most temperate posters on anything political - although I also don't remember her equivocating - and she is certainly more conservative than me, though that leaves a lot of room. My take is that she noticed the rather noticeable ads, and commented.

On criticizing Obama, or any new pres elect, there seems to be a historic wait period and then a honeymoon - how real that has been over decades and centuries, I've no idea. I will probably criticize him myself at some point - but I don't know that yet, and not because I expect him to make "liberal" choices. I'm left of him, but I understand that his choices are not all woven in my brain. I know he is not going to make all the decisions I would, and believe him, at least for now, re the attention to much more than liberal approval. The doing of that, I dunno, one way or the other, or in between.

I agree, but I also note that many liberals didn't give president Bush any grace period.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 08:29 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Well you bushites set the precedent....
Linkat

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 11:07 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Funny I didn't vote for Obama (so I can't see how my guy won) - I'm just sick of negative ads.
Linkat

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 11:11 am
@ossobuco,
You are right, I am not a hater of anyone (even Finn). I did not vote for Obama, but I can appreciate his intelligence and he seems like a good person overall. Even though I personally do not think he is best for the job, he got it and I hope he does well.

I also am not a huge Bush supporter and did not vote for him - it was a toss up for me again at that election - but things work out certain ways either in your favor or not.

I am the last person to whine about such things.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 08:05 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
What precedent?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 08:09 pm
@Linkat,
I won't apologize for assuming you voted for Obama, but, apparently, I was wrong in doing so.

As for negative ads, far more people than you claim to be disgusted with them and yet they, obviously, work.

Linkat

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 11:29 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I don't expect you to say you are sorry - but that is what happens when you make certain assumptions and jump to quick conclusions.

I usually end up voting for who/whatever causes that lose. I think different than most people (at least that is what I assume). I actually change the channel whenever there is a negative ad (for whatever candidate). I focus on the issues and the past experience of the candidates. I look at it as if the individual is interviewing for a job (which in a sense it is) and I've interviewed plenty of job candidates in my current position.

I think most people vote for who they "like" or vote for or against the current party - if they like what is currently happening in the country vote for the current president or party, if they don't, the vote against - not saying everyone does this, but listening to interviews and various individuals that state why they voted this way - in most cases you get - I like him or I don't like the current situation. Rarely do you hear from the average citizen - this is the right person for the job, they have the qualifications, I support their viewpoints on ABC and DEF issues.
0 Replies