• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 2,312 • Replies: 23
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 11:25 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I've been wondering when that'd be called! CNN has both Missouri and NC at "100% reporting" but they're still not colored in.

Good job, BPB!
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 11:31 am
@sozobe,
I am shocked that this happened. I am not unhappy but I am shocked. The tension and animosity on the street in NC is palpable. I've been threatened physically twice....like I give a ****.... I do tend to stir the pot I realize. Last night at my gig some drunks late night were discussing what to call Obama...bandying the usual right wing talk around and I said "I suggest you call him the motherfucking President Elect".He wasn't sure what to say in response to that so he paid his tab and left Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 11:36 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
My bellydance instructor and her husband recently moved to R-D and voted for Obama. I credit them for part of the swing.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 11:38 am
@ehBeth,
good for them.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 11:39 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Apparently they're still celebrating.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 11:45 am
@ehBeth,
where in raleigh are they?
ehBeth

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 11:53 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Dunno exactly, but she's been teaching in Cary, Durham and Raleigh over the past 3 or 4 months. Her husband's teaching at uni in Durham.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 11:57 am
@ehBeth,
most likely they're either in West Durham or the Cary Morrisville area then.... we're in Northernmost Raleigh....way on the other side of the area...
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 12:01 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
My dear North Carolina friend, Gretchen, is pleased so that her state is in the Obama column. she is greatly pleased that that idiot Liddy Dole is caput.

BBB
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 12:02 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
amen on that dole....
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 12:05 pm
bear i noticed that 'down East' was voting for mccain, was that mostly on racial lines, because i noted that greensboro north to Danville went democratic and so did mecklenburg, the latter which usually is a bastion for the GOP
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 12:10 pm
@kuvasz,
I expected that ...down east= rural, poor, white, set the wayback machine for 1958... absolutely on racial lines..... there is a Johnston county web site I frequent...if you ask why I would reply why do people watch National Geographic specials.....and the virulent racial hatred is astounding. Down East is Christian and they define Christian as white....of course there are exceptions like our friend engineer...but Eastern NC is pretty primitive on the whole. IMO.
0 Replies

TilleyWink

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 12:29 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
VA and NC Obama. The resistence is gone, gone, gone. We should celebrate forever this event.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 12:34 pm
As I noted on the other election thread, Cumberland / Fort Bragg went to Obama by a large margin... 58.7% to 41%.

Let's listen and do right by them.
squinney

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 12:37 pm
@squinney,
BTW, Bear... I know what you mean, but NC did not Fall, it ROSE. Smile
cjhsa

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 12:39 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
It really is the beginning of CW2....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 03:45 pm
@squinney,
good catch.
realjohnboy

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 03:52 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Congrats Squinney and Bear. I was confident about VA going blue. I never thought NC would. It changes the map - probably for years to come.
Ragman

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 03:56 pm
@realjohnboy,
what a tribute to obama's appeal as a potential unifying force.
0 Replies