Texas, My Texas

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 10:50 am
@edgarblythe,
edgar, Re-read my post; your interpretation of it is confused.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 10:53 am
@hawkeye10,
Why it matters to some voters that a candidate is a Muslim or not just proves their ignorance. What should matter is the candidates character, intelligence, and ability to bring our country together.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 11:02 am
@cicerone imposter,
as Powell said, "so what if he is". That is a separate issue though from why is it that so many Texans don't know basic facts.

I of course have a long running disgust with Texas, which dates back to the reappropriating of the political boundaries after the 2000 census, and which was inflamed by the idiotic FLDS raid at Eldorado and the taking of kids from the arms of mothers without cause. Texas is a backwards state with a largely ignorant population where the rule of law is weak, in spite of the fact that Texas kills so many people who get swept into their Criminal Justice system.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 11:38 am
@cicerone imposter,
I think I understood you, CI. I just didn't word my response in a way that shows it. You are saying the confusion is in the minds of those who say Mexicans ascribe the Muslim religion to Obama. This appears to me to be the case.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 01:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I think I understood you, CI. I just didn't word my response in a way that shows it. You are saying the confusion is in the minds of those who say Mexicans ascribe the Muslim religion to Obama. This appears to me to be the case.

37% of the respondents in a poll that has 23% concluding that Obama is a Muslim and 54% not knowing the truth, self identify as Hispanic. Explain how you can conclude that Hispanics are not part of the problem. Do you want to claim that only only 9% of the non-Hispanics know what religion Obama is, that 50% of the non Hispanics think that Obama is Muslim??
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 05:49 am
It's going to be a bit tricky at work today. I have to pretend indifference to the election outcome. Can't allow the biggots to get to me.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 07:21 am
@edgarblythe,
It's too bad the rest of the country allowed the O-boy to pull the wool over their eyes. At least Texas saw the enemy for what it was.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 07:23 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Why it matters to some voters that a candidate is a Muslim or not just proves their ignorance. What should matter is the candidates character, intelligence, and ability to bring our country together.

Uh, no, those should not be primary criteria. The criteria should be issues, and O-boy fell flat on his face on issues and instead played for the bleeding hearts, like you, ya punk.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 08:27 am
You know, many is the time i've read a post by Hawkeye and thought to myself, "The boy couldn't get any more stupid than that."

And then he turns around and proves me wrong.

Quote:
New Mexico and California have large populations of highly educated indiviudals from families that have long been in America to balance out the effects of the new arrivals from Mexico.

Hey, bright boy, have you ever heard of Juan Seguin? Do you really not know that Spanish-speakers were in Texas long before the Anglos arrived? Do you really not know that Spanish speaking Tejanos fought for Texas independence? Did you know that the slave smuggling, land-stealing forger Jim Bowie was married to the daughter of the alcalde, the mayor of San Antonio?

Juan Seguin was at the Alamo. Because he spoke only Spanish, and could "pass," he was sent with the plea for help to Sam Houston. When he returned to San Antonio de Bexar, he found that the Mexicans had taken the mission, so off he rode again to round up Tejano support for the revolution, and he commanded a company of Spanish-speaking rebels at San Jacinto, when Houston defeated Santa Anna. He was called a traitor by Mexicans.

Seguin became a Senator in the Republic of Texas, and the was elected mayor of San Antonio. Protestant Anglos spread lies about him, accused him of consorting with "the enemy," the Mexicans, and drove him out of Texas. So when the Mexican War began, he fought for the Mexicans, who had forgiven him. For that, the Texicans (as the Anglos called themselves) branded him a traitor. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Did you think that Texas just dropped out of the clouds one day, populated by Anglo-Saxon Protestants, and that wetbacks then began sneaking over the river?

Idiot.
chai2

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 08:35 am
@Setanta,
set, it was on my mind awhile back to mention that texas was part of mexico, but, as usual, you said it so much better.

texas dropping out of the sky populated with anglos....hehehe.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 11:39 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Nearly 1 in 4 Texans mistakenly believe Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Barack Obama is a Muslim

http://rightvoices.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/obs.jpg

Edgar, is this the way you Texans dress?
cjhsa

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 12:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k51/cjhsa/headupass.jpg
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 12:35 pm
@RexRed,
f you, rex.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 12:36 pm
@cjhsa,
f you cjhsa
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 12:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

f you, rex.

No, seriously, **** YOU and everyone who voted for the enemy. Lock and load.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 01:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
f you, rex.

Edgar, I don't go for sloppy seconds, seems your party has already f'd you.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 03:20 pm
@RexRed,
Nasty sob
RexRed

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 03:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Nasty sob

mirror
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 03:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
I didn't read your last, rex. I have had you on ignore since that feature was added. Rant away. Mr. Green
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 07:55 pm
In Texas, and other retarded parts of the nation, the division between the poor and everyone else is where the line is drawn. Race is important in the equation, only because there are so many dirt-poor non whites. The self-sufficient/exceptionally-poor division is the single base issue that holds these people together. Their first thought when dealing with the poor is, "My God! They are going to expect money." One might be a self sufficient citizen today, but even if one has accepted welfare money only as a very small child, one is tainted.

A person close to me, on learning that Katrina folks were Houston bound immediately said, "They are going to say, 'Give me money.'" This he repeated several times. Not even considered was the fact these people had no money, no homes, no jobs; in short, without financial aid, many or most would probably have died.

I one time wrote a letter to a local paper, expressing some fairly liberal viewpoints. The person with the paper, whose column I addressed, called me on the phone to discuss the matter. In the course of the discourse, he learned that I was raising four children, and I had a small remodelling concern. As a small child, I had lived on welfare money. Ignoring the first two points, he trumpeted in his column that I was a welfare child; no wonder my vewpoint was so dangerously skewed.

In the real word, money gets passed around freely among the wealthy. But, a poor person must pay higher interest rates, plus excessive late charges. The people who consider the poor to be inferior and undeserving are terrified that tax money may help any one of them. That billions of their tax money is freely passed among the upper echelons sparks no similar reaction. Just so long as those freeloading poor get nothing, their sense of justice is satisfied.
0 Replies