Obama Says "Take the day off to vote"

cjhsa

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 07:41 am
A Day Off For America Costs $37.8 Billion

As we have all been incessantly reminded by both candidates, this year's Presidential election is "the most important ever." However, can anyone remember one that wasn't? Even still, with the election now a week away, we find ourselves in the middle of the greatest financial crisis in at least a generation. We're neither for nor against Senator Obama, but his recent call for people to "take the day off" on election day might not be setting the right tone for the economy. In 2007, the size of the US economy was 13.8 trillion dollars. If the country "took the day off," it would work out to a loss of about $38 billion dollars. While 37.8 billion dollars may not sound like much to some, at this point, the economy needs whatever it can get. Instead of saying, "Talk to your professor. Talk to your boss. Take the day off," maybe a better message to voters would be, "Set your alarm an hour earlier. Go vote. Then go to work."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,721 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Woiyo9

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 07:54 am
@cjhsa,
Do not worry. Obama will take care of all of us.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 01:22 pm
@Woiyo9,
Starting with the most dangerous group of all. The assholes. It's on to the reservation for you buddy....the Asshole Reservation that is. You'll have plenty of company.
Woiyo9

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 01:49 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
You are a real ******* asshole. You represent your asshole liberal friends proudly.

You are also a racist.

Many in my family died on our reservation. I wish the same for you and your family very soon.

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 01:52 pm
@Woiyo9,
I'm aware of the fact that you would happily wish me and my family dead which is why I don't give a **** about you or yours. Many of my ancestors and family died at the hands of romans, Norsemen, Moors, the French... you name 'em.

I'm not a racist at all...but I'm not such a bleeding heart that I think just because your people got the short end of the stick it excuses you from being a ****.
Woiyo9

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 01:56 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
You are ignored which is the same as dead to me.

**** off you useless drip of sperm.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 01:57 pm
@Woiyo9,
Later big chief.
0 Replies