Rainsoft owner's or installation manual needed.

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 08:33 pm
I have an older, brass valved rainsoft unit that I need information to install and can not find any type of installation manual for it anywhere on the internet. I noticed there were discussions about rainsoft on here and was hoping someone could help me out. The unit has the brass valve assembly on the top. Basically I need to know what all of the openings on the valve are for. If I could get the valve schematic or install manual it would be very helpful. Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 7,834 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 09:02 am
@fisherguy,
Try here:
http://www.rainsoftoftoronto.com/rainsoft-manuals.html
fisherguy

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 07:58 pm
@Gary Slusser,
thanks for the help. it only has the manual to set the timer though. I need to know which water lines to hook up to where. Thanks again.

Gary Slusser

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 09:32 pm
@fisherguy,
Search for their web site and call them or a dealer in your area.
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2008 07:00 am
@Gary Slusser,
Gary Slusser wrote:

Search for their web site and call them or a dealer in your area.

No need.

Looking at the front of your system, the H2O enters the center/back of the control valve and exits the left side of the cv.
Maitchison

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2009 06:12 am
@H2O MAN,
Question: Gold Series Rainsoft; There is a clip in the body where the drain line is attatched. Its a two pronged clip that is inserted into holes in the body. What is this clip for and should it be in or out. Have regenerated a couple of times, but the water does not seemed to be conditioned. Thanks for any help.

Mike A.
Joethewaterguy

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2009 02:19 pm
@Maitchison,
the clip holds the flow control keeping it from popping out during regen. The drain line is usually attached to an elbow that screws into the flow control. Without the flow control all the resin can wash right down the drain, due to to much flow during backwash.
Maitchison

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2009 11:43 am
@Joethewaterguy,
I see that now. Thanks for the info.... What is the best way to unscrew the valve assembly from the tank? One tank is installed, the other is free standing.

Eagerly awaiting your reply with humble gratitude!

Mike A.
Joethewaterguy

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2009 05:37 am
@Maitchison,
counter clockwise using a belt to hold the tank
0 Replies