I Didn't Think It Was Possible

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 10:21 am
for any political team to be as scummy as bush/cheney....but mccain/ palin have done it.... no particular link...just read yet one more thing....took my second robo call about obama basically hanging around with people who murder americans and hate america... I'm no Obama fan as you know, but I would vote for him twice if I could get away with it to keep these other disgusting sub human jerk offs out of the white House...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,236 • Replies: 27
No top replies

JPB

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 10:27 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-partisan criticism

Quote:
LAS VEGAS " Two senators in opposing political parties asked Republican presidential candidate John McCain to stop the automated phone calls that link Democratic candidate Barack Obama to a 1960s radical.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, a Nevada Democrat, and Sen. Susan Collins, a Maine Republican, made separate appeals to McCain on Friday. Collins faces a tough race for re-election and serves as a co-chairwoman of his Maine campaign.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 10:36 am
@JPB,
I'm sure the good decent christian right is shedding many tears over mccain/palins tactics. My question is whether crocodile tears taste different from human ones?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 11:56 am
@JPB,
McCain is now only listening to his handlers, and any "outsider" will not make any difference. Most good conservatives, even those in high places, have already spoken against McCain's choice of Palin, and his negative message that does nothing for the republican party, but succeeds in splitting them further apart. That's one thing the McCain/Palin team has been successful doing is splitting the party to the point it's going to take more than a few years to repair. The old GOP congress members hate Bush, and the young GOP members hate McCain. McCain doesn't seem to care how much he destroys his own party to win this presidency.
maporsche

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 01:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
McCain is not destroying his party....Bush and the republicans in congress have pretty successfully done that.

McCain is doing the only thing that will give him a chance to win in November. I have ZERO doubt that if Obama were down in every poll that he would maintain his current campaign temperment.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 01:13 pm
@maporsche,
bush/cheney dug the grave....but mccain/palin are filling in the hole...
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 08:28 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:
.took my second robo call about obama

I'm kinda interested in what you said to them, Bear.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 08:30 pm
@JTT,
I must be famous! I received emails from Obama, Biden, and Michelle - all asking for donations! LOL
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 08:40 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:
I'm no Obama fan as you know, but I would vote for him twice if I could get away with it to keep these other disgusting sub human jerk offs out of the white House...

So, will you actually do it (once, I mean), Bear? Wink
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 08:41 am
@JTT,
well, it was a robo call so no one could hear me.... but if I could have talked to someone then I'm sure you can probably imagine what I would have said....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 08:43 am
@msolga,
I already stated that I have finally decided to vote for Obama, even though I'm still not a big fan.... and Sara Palin is what postively sealed the deal and got Obama my vote. In addition...their campaign tactics of the last couple weeks are completely beyond the pale... disgusting **** slinging that is often amusing in places like this that have no impact but have no place in the real world.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 08:58 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

McCain is not destroying his party....Bush and the republicans in congress have pretty successfully done that.

I agree. And I would add that they are destroying McCain as well.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 09:00 am
@FreeDuck,
mccain palin are way compliant in the action however...
FreeDuck

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 09:05 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Palin absolutely. She is the neocons next Bush if we let them have her. McCain, sadly, just really really really wants to win.
maporsche

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 09:09 am
@FreeDuck,
Exactly. McCain is attempting a 70 yard field goal right now with his current campaign strategy. Unfortunately for him (and possibly the country) is that he's kicking into a 40 mile head wind.

McCain is doing exactly what politicians do when they are down, he attacks. Obama would do this if here were in McCain's shoes; somebody please tell me he wouldn't.
FreeDuck

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 12:07 pm
@maporsche,
It's not the attacking that's ruining McCain. It's the way he is attacking. McCain's greatest strength was his independent streak. That's what got him so much indy support, as opposed to the party's right-wing (can't even call them conservative) religious base. McCain has had to cozy up to them because, well, he's a republican.

The problem is that they've now got so big a say in the campaign that it looks like, to them, it's Palin on the top of the ticket and the only purpose for McCain is to get her in office. McCain can (well, could have) win but it's Palin they really want. Unfortunately, embracing Palin and letting this small faction of the party have so much power has chased away the independents. The neocons have practically swallowed up McCain. I actually feel really bad for him because it looks like his misplaced loyalty to the Republican party will cost him his dream. And he wasn't half bad. But he stuck with this party even long after they made it clear that they were moving away from his practical conservatism, and even after they'd already stabbed him in the back once. He stuck with them for purposes of his own ambition, and so I guess it all comes out in the wash. It would make a good comedic tragedy.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 01:20 pm
@maporsche,
According the the WSJ, McCain's negative ads are doing more harm for his campaign did good. Keep it up McCain/Palin; destroy your own campaign.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 01:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
the country is in no mood to elect a president with an anger problem. McCain has to be running one of the must fucked Presidential campaigns in modern history. If he can't run a campaign he sure as **** can't run the country with as many major problems as we have.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 01:47 pm
@hawkeye10,
You got that right, but how come so many supporters of McCain/Palin can't see what we see?
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 01:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
they can, they are comming around to reality. The GOP and the right are both comming apart at the seams.
Quote:
Even Republicans are rapidly bailing on a McCain resuscitation. It’s a metaphor for the party’s collapse that on the day of the final debate both Nancy Reagan and Dick Cheney checked into hospitals. Conservatives have already moved past denial to anger on the Kubler-Ross scale of grief. They are not waiting for votes to be counted before carrying out their first round of Stalinist purges. William F. Buckley’s son Christopher was banished from National Review for endorsing Obama. Next thing you know, there will be a fatwa on that McCain-bashing lefty, George Will.

As the G.O.P.’s long night of the long knives begins, myths are already setting in among the right’s storm troops and the punditocracy alike as to what went wrong. And chief among them are the twin curses of Bush and the “headwinds” of the economy. No Republican can win if the party’s incumbent president is less popular than dirt, we keep being told, or if a looming Great Depression 2 is Issue No. 1.

This is an excuse, not an explanation. It absolves McCain of much of the blame and denies Obama much of the credit for their campaigns.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/19/opinion/19rich.html?hp
0 Replies