How many American people know the Milk problem in China.P.R

Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 01:21 pm
@generaljin,
generaljin wrote:
i cant agree with your opinion,McTag. you said the Milk was deliberately mixed with a chemical by person. can you tell me why does the person do this? what profits chould they got if they do it.

They do this so that they can water down the milk and sell more of it. It's a short-sighted practice that is common in the illegal drug industry.

Quote:
In fact Chinese milk market has fall to the bottom. Nobody drink milk these todays. So i think it's wrong that you said this matter is deliberated

You are right that this harms the industry and no this isn't a deliberate thing on the part of the government. But certain individuals are deliberately doing this because they are only thinking about what they can get away with and not about what the long-term effect on the industry will be.

Just because it's stupid and short-sighted doesn't mean that some individuals aren't doing this on purpose. They are, and they need to be punished because they are hurting your whole economy right now.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 02:08 pm
melamine is a white powder. Its only added to milk to artificially "boost" the apparent protein level in diluted milk. That alone is enough to demonstrate fraud. Why add something artificial and non food to boost nutrients in food. Melamine breaks down into products that can cause fatal reactions, especially severe kidney stones and renal failure.
SOmehow, the testing procedure, a simple field test that can use a cyanide or Azo test kit was not even employed(these test kits develop a specific color thats either blue or green and sends flags up the pole). If we get really high bulk protein readings in bulk milk here in US, the Ag inspectores always do the field tests and then send the milk to the certified labs. (AND the dairy nor the inspewctor, nor the labs know anything about the sample, Its almost foolproof foolproof foolproof bzzzz click zing snap.)

Weadd certain chemicals for flavor or additives for freshness (riiight). However, even these must be submitted to Ag scrutiny and possible sign offs from the EPA and USDH
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 03:53 pm
jin, try googling "tainted Chinese pharmaceuticals". Your government blocks many websites, and you may very well not get any results when you do, but let me assure you that the problems with Chinese goods cited above don't complete the list. There have been repeated cases spanning the last ten years of drugs made in China which do not heal but in fact kill people taking them. Chinese, as well as foreigners, have died after using them. Tainted cancer drugs. Contaminated blood thinners, even toothpaste. Diethylene glycol, a form of antifreeze and toxic, has been substituted for its more expensive chemical cousin glycerin as a body for the drug or toothpaste.

I'm not a sinophobe, but rather a sinophile, but your industries just seem to be producing one disaster after another, and your government isn't doing anywhere near enough to correct that.
Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 04:29 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
jin, try googling "tainted Chinese pharmaceuticals". Your government blocks many websites, and you may very well not get any results when you do, but let me assure you that the problems with Chinese goods cited above don't complete the list.

I'm actually curious about this one, I've read of some reports in China of "shooting the messenger" and reacting negatively toward whistle blowers that I'm concerned about, and I'm wondering if you have any information about government-level suppression of these scandals that go beyond the reports of retribution against whistle blowers I've read about.

When I compare the results for that query you suggested (compare side by side here) I see fairly typical datacenter differences (the localized google versions don't always return the same results) and most of the differences don't seem to be censorship (e.g. the first result on the non-censored site is a new url from the last few days and just might not be on the other index yet, and the most of the differences I tested were still found on the Chinese index elsewhere).

I've been trying to find information about examples of information suppression on this, and if you have any leads for me I'd love to find out more. So far I've found claims that China put a ban on their media reporting this during the Olympics but don't know anything about a Google censorship request.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 10:14 pm
Try googling "China blocking Google queries". Over the last several years I've read that the Chinese government has blocked access to sites with certain key words, like "Tibet" or "Falun Gong".
Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 10:17 pm
@MontereyJack,
Of course I know about Google censorship in China, I just linked to a site dedicated to exposing it.

I was asking you if you had any information about your claim about this particular topic.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 10:35 pm
I made no claims about googling milk, per se--I was just saying that they've blocked access to a number of topics in the past, and if he doesn't get anything about something that could be one of those topics that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist and hasn't been a problem in China and abroad.
Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 10:43 pm
@MontereyJack,
I see, as far as I know they haven't ordered Google China to censor any of the "tainted ____" queries and was wondering if you knew something I didn't.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 02:45 am
From the BBC:
Quote:
Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao has said the government is partly responsible for the tainted milk scandal which has left thousands of children sick.
In a rare interview with Science magazine, Mr Jiabao said the government felt "great sorrow" about the crisis, which also killed four children.
He said while the problems were with a private company, the government had not properly supervised the dairy industry

Full text, interview in Science magazine
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 06:30 am
@generaljin,
hi jin :

china sells many products to the U.S. (and canada , where i live) .
as an example : china produces and sells aircraft parts for the BOEING aircraft to the U.S.

see link : http://www.boeing.com/companyoffices/aboutus/boechina.html

from the official BOEING article :

Quote:
Boeing is China's preferred aviation business partner. Boeing has worked together successfully with modern China for 36 years. Since 1972, Boeing has longstanding relationships with Chinese airlines, the Chinese aviation industry, the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) and the Chinese government. Boeing supports Chinese efforts to ensure a safe, efficient and profitable Chinese aviation system to keep pace with the country's rapid economic growth. Commercial aviation is crucial to China's economic growth, and Boeing provides the world's best airplanes to China.

Boeing is pleased to have been invited to help Chinese companies develop skills, achieve certification, and join world aviation and supplier networks. China has a sophisticated and expanding part to play in the commercial aviation industry and has a role on all of Boeing commercial airplane models-737, 747, 767, 777 and the newest and most innovative airplane, the 787 Dreamliner. China builds horizontal stabilizers, vertical fins, the aft tail section, doors, wing panels, wire harnesses and other parts on the Next-Generation 737; 747 trailing edge wing ribs; and 747-8 ailerons, spoilers and inboard flaps, and parts of the horizontal stabilizer. China also has an important role on the new 787 Dreamliner airplane, building the rudder, wing-to-body fairing panels, leading edge and panels for the vertical fin, and other composite parts
0 Replies

missjean

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 11:44 am
@roger,
I purchased some butter cookies 2 days ago and didn't realize until after eating some that they were made in China. I think that Chinese foodstuffs should be banned until they clean up their act.
0 Replies