Warning - Non-Political Topic

Mame

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 10:42 am
What are you guys up to this weekend?

I'm doing the same old-same old. Nothing whatsoever to add to that.

You?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 18 • Views: 5,012 • Replies: 56
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 10:43 am
@Mame,
Probably work in my garden.
mismi

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 10:46 am
@cicerone imposter,
Eating fajitas and watching football. Boys have a fall baseball game on Sunday and are out of school on Monday (woohoo!)

Really nothing exciting. Normal stuff
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 10:46 am
@cicerone imposter,
How succint... tsk tsk

Doing? Weeding? Dead-heading? Pruning? Raking? Mowing? Installing a hot tub?
wandeljw

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 10:47 am
@Mame,
My daughter, Annie, is nine years old today. We will be celebrating her birthday. Today in her third grade classroom the kids will wish her a happy birthday. We helped our daughter put together small gifts of colored pencils for each of her classmates.
Mame

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 10:48 am
@wandeljw,
How will you celebrate it? Besides a cake? Kid party? ChuckECheese? Family? What'd you get her? Nine is a neat age.
Bi-Polar Bear

playing live at a UNC frat in the am....doing a karaoke/dj show in a private home pm. sleeping in sunday and then nighttime show. nothing new here.
farmerman

@Mame,
were going to take part in a Rennaissance Fair. I hate costumes and my wife thinks halloween and Purim are the greatest days in the year.
Mame

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 10:52 am
@farmerman,
Ha ha ha ... you poor thing. I take it you're not dressing up?

My favourite night is New Year's Eve.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 10:52 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I'd love to be there to hear you play. Knowing you, you'll have fun.

Is this a hobby for you or how you make a living? (The playing, not the sleeping in).
wandeljw

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 10:53 am
@Mame,
We are having a family party this weekend for Annie, Mame. Nine is a great age because she is lively, graceful, and talkative. She was always lively but only recently decided to behave more gracefully.

I got Annie a toy digital camera. My wife gave her a new dress. Annie seems to be getting more clothes as gifts now.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 10:54 am
@Mame,
Some weeding, some pruning, and adding rocks to my garden. Also got some ideas for the strip in my front yard where I let the grass die from our (the McTags') visit to the SF Japanese botanical garden last week. Might start work on that too!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 10:54 am
@Mame,
how i make a living among other things entertainment and music related.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 10:55 am
@farmerman,
Home for Purim....great flick.... I can't believe it was passed over by the academy...
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 11:01 am
@Mame,
Sighing with relief that my son is going home from the snake pit hospital stay with his brand new knee.

BBB
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 11:04 am
Well, I'm supposed to be on vacation this week... Returning on Tuesday.

I still haven't gotten around to a few things I had planned to do such as hanging curtains, dubbing all of the vhs family vieos to DVD with a nifty little machine I got two months ago, playing with dubbing and adding titles to the DVD's with some software I got last month.

At the moment I'm heading to the DMV to update my address on my license and make sure it is correct for my voter registration.

Big fun vacation, huh? At least I still have two more weeks to use before Christmas. Maybe the next one will be in Jamaica.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 11:06 am
Maybe go apple picking. Today the kids had grandparents day at school so it was only a half day. My 9 year old got the lead (playing a grandmother) - I didn't get to go, but my husband snuck in by offering to help out setting up for the lunch. They did great. So now they are at grandparents house with no homework for the long weekend.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 11:12 am
@Mame,
We're going to drive down to Rockport (about 2.5-3 hrs.) for the Seafair, Mamie:

http://www.rockportseafair.com/

.. then back to H-Town for dinner at Rudi Lechner's (it's Oktoberfest, and they have polkas and brats and Hefe Weizens):

http://www.rudilechners.com/

Hey famerdude, our Renfest starts this weekend but we won't go 'til the weather gets cooler (and the elections are done):

http://www.texrenfest.com/

I love this time of year because of all the great festivals. Last weekend we went to the Turkish festival. The Greek festival was postponed because of that lousy bastard Ike, but I still managed to fill my tummy with lamb gyro and baklava and my eyes with those beautiful exotic dark-eyed, dark-haired women.

(Thank goodness my wife is OK with my being a pig. I just try not to red-line her tolerance meter.)
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 11:12 am
I'm going to be cleaning out closets and gathering up anything we can bear to part with for the Salvation Army to pick up next week. That's 20 years of accumulation of miscellanous junk and clothes and unused furniture etc.

The word is scale down, thin out, declutterfy.

I'm actually looking forward to it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 11:24 am
@Mame,
1. get over cold
2. keep checking in with hamburger to see if mrs. hamburger will be coming home from the hospital today
3. keep dogs and Set company
4. figure out an easy cheat for Thanksgiving dinner
5. pick up some interesting apples
6. go to the beach for some fresh air and sunshine
1. get over cold
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Warning - Non-Political Topic
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 07/27/2024 at 08:22:32