Smart Car = Stupid

JTT

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 02:55 pm
@gungasnake,
You should apply for a job as a crash-test dummy, Gunga. You've got a lock on the last part.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 03:58 pm
Let's play a game called, "Guess how cjhsa would respond to all the voices of disagreement with his premise. "

Here's my first guess.

"You're all a bunch of stupid lib-tards. All enviro-fags should be lined up and shot."

Okay, so who's next?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 04:24 pm
The Honda Civic GX is far superior to the smart car. Its mileage is roughly half of the Smart Car, but the CNG costs less than half, in much of the country. Burning CNG leaves no carbon buildup on the engine (Never needs a valve job), so you change the oil less, tune up only once per 100,000 miles and the engine should last 500,000 miles easily. Each one’s use, with average driving habits, reduces Greenhouse gases by approximately 8 tons per year. Further, CNG is produced right here in the States. For around $3,000; you can buy a kit to fill up in your own garage, off your Natural Gas Line... which gives you about a 200 mile range. The car itself can be had nicely equipped with the filling kit for around $30,000. $20,000 for a good used one. This is definitely smarter than a smart car.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 04:30 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Plus, you get a real car:

http://www.autospectator.com/cars/files/images/2008_Civic_GX_Sedan_102.jpg
0 Replies

Nick Ashley

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2008 04:45 pm
@CalamityJane,
That works out well for you then! I unfortunately didn't have the same experience. I thought I would enjoy living near an ocean, but it really wasn't worth it for me. I didn't enjoy surfing as much as I thought I would, and that was its only real draw for me. It's beautiful to look at, but to me the view got old fast. For me the lake my dad lives on offers more advantages.

Glad you enjoy it, though. Judging by population statistics, I'd say I'm in the minority.

Alright, enough being off topic. I can debate lake vs. ocean elsewhere Wink
0 Replies

SYNRON

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 01:29 am
@cjhsa,
I think anyone who wants to save energy and our planet should buy a "green" car,but my daughter wont buy a "green" car. She insists she needs a big SUV to drive the three children to school--she also says she feels safer in her SUV.

I guess she is not "green".
0 Replies

Nick Ashley

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 05:47 pm
This looks to be a better option then a smart car (and a direct competitor) in my mind:
http://gas2.org/2008/10/14/59-mpg-toyota-iq-is-coming-to-the-us-as-a-scion/
0 Replies