Rainsoft Silver Series Timer

j-g

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2008 06:33 am
I recently sold my Rainsoft Silver Series to somebody. They just wrote me back saying that the timer doesn't work. He wants $100 ($50 for the part and $50 for installation) refunded. When he put it in his car for the long drive to where he lives, he refused to buckle it up in the back seat like I suggested. He simply laid the front passenger seat back as far as it would go, which still left wiggle room. Any right turn he would make, could easily tip the tank over damaging the important valves and timer on the top. Could this have happened? I certainly don't want to rip anybody off, but I don't want to get ripped off either. The system worked when I took it out and now it doesn't. Any suggestions?

Thanks, J.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 5,691 • Replies: 3
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2008 07:15 am
@j-g,
Hold old was your system?

The timer/clock motors for the silver series are crap and rarely last 5 years.
0 Replies

watersofterguru

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 09:43 am
Salesman was a conman, sold us an overglorified water filter for way too much money. Promised clean water and still we have crap . Bottom line is... the public consumers don't care that Rainsoft has 400 stores...that's easy when you con the ignorant public into believing they can have good clean water from a well. Actually you have to have five times the system that rainsoft recommends to properly filter water from an old well or old water source. I've been through the same issues the earlier posters have, I also was ripped off by the rainsoft filter company's salesman. Bottom line is.... get a local water filter company to sell you a system that can turn lake and pond water into drinking water and then AND ONLY then will you have a chance in hell to be happy with your water. U cannot expect a small cannister filter with 80 lbs of salt to give you municipality quality water. The local company can service your system along with the rest of the hospitals and old folk homes that they currently do business with. Find a company who has pride in their service after the sale not the size of their con game.
Signed,
Been there done that.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 01:38 pm
@watersofterguru,
watersofterguru wrote:

Find a company who has pride in their service after the sale ...

Find a local company that sell, installs and services what they sell long after the sale.
0 Replies