Two men propped up corpse to cash cheque

Reyn

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 11:07 pm
Two men propped up corpse to cash cheque

Two men have been arrested in New York for carrying a dead friend through the streets and trying to cash his cheque.

David Dalaia and James O'Hare, were seen carrying Virgilio Cintron's body from their Manhattan apartment to a cheque-cashing store a block away.

http://media.canada.com/gallery/dose_ridiculous/060818ridiculous1.jpg
David Dalaia and James O'Hare seen here propping up Mr. Cinton's body

"Hell's Kitchen has a rich history but this is one for the books," police spokesman Paul Browne told the New York Times.

"The witnesses saw the two men carrying Cintron with his head flopping from side to side and later the two individuals propped him up."

The men took Cintron's body inside the store, and tried to cash his cheque, worth about £180.

The store's clerk, who knew Cintron, asked the men if he was okay, and O'Hare told the clerk that he was, but had laryngitis and an arm cramp, Browne said.

Meanwhile, a police detective having lunch at a restaurant next door noticed a crowd forming around Cintron's body.

The detective called uniformed New York Police Department officers who arrested Dalaia and O'Hare at the store.

Cintron's body was taken to a hospital morgue. The medical examiner's office told police it appeared Cintron, 46, had died from natural causes.

Dalaia and O'Hare, both 27, were being held by police and faced cheque fraud charges.

global disclaimer
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 726 • Replies: 11

Reyn

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 07:56 am
Maybe he wasn't quite dead?
Cliff Hanger

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 12:51 pm
@Reyn,
What's the name of this movie? Uncle Bernie, something. I know someone who considers this to be one of the greatest movies ever made.
Reyn

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 01:44 pm
@Cliff Hanger,
Oh, you must be quite mistaken. Of what you speak of and this story are totally unrelated, sorry. Wink
Cliff Hanger

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 02:55 pm
@Reyn,
Weekend at Bernies. I never saw the movie, but I just watched the trailer-- funny.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 03:49 pm
@Reyn,
"global disclaimer" < that was good Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Reyn

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 03:53 pm
@TTH,
I'm on a mission to lighten up the atmosphere here on A2k, a break from some of the "other stuff".
TTH

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 04:14 pm
@Reyn,
Sounds like a good plan to me Very Happy
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 05:18 am
@Reyn,
Well, this was a good one for your mission-- I might have to view this movie now. I think it will be right up there with Animal House.

The same friend who thinks the Bernie movie is great also loves Animal House-- if I recall correctly, a few years ago her biggest dilemma was which boxed set to buy-- Laverne & Shirley, or The Odd Couple.
Reyn

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 07:56 am
@Cliff Hanger,
Glad to have been of service, but you must realize that the photo in my story is a photo of an actual event, and not a "recreation". Wink Laughing
Cliff Hanger

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 10:43 am
@Reyn,
Check. You are the go-to guy for accuracy.
Reyn

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 07:56 am
@Cliff Hanger,
.....and fun, most importantly.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Two men propped up corpse to cash cheque
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 05:42:05