my cell phone got wet

Wilso

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 09:24 pm
@jeanneherman,
So long as it wasn't turned on, and hasn't been turned on since it got dunked, if you manage to get the internals completely dry, it should be ok.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 07:06 am
It depends. I know of cells that have been dunked and worked right after only to die a few hours, or days later. And I know of cells that have been dunked and didn't work right away and started up later.

Check behind the battery. There is usually a little white dot back there and if it's pink, that means water got under there and your phone is probably a goner.
blatham

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 08:08 am
How is your phone now?

My wife just put her cell phone through half a wash cycle. We took it in to the techies who were unable to retrieve the memory but one of them suggested a remedy...place the phone in a bag of rice for some days to a week. This actually worked. Though the phone itself is a goner, the memory proved retrievable.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 08:22 am
@Bella Dea,
Bella Dea wrote:
Check behind the battery. There is usually a little white dot back there and if it's pink, that means water got under there and your phone is probably a goner.

this also prevents people from taking the phone in and saying "i don't know, it just stopped working"
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 09:29 am
Robert is correct.

What I'm wondering though, is if Intrepid still has poop on his handset.....
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 09:45 am
@hawkeye10,
one of my boys dropped his Game Boy in the toilet....dried it with a towel - used a blow dryer on low heat like Robert said and it is still alive 3 years later. I think that Beth is right when she says it depends on how wet it got...good luck!
0 Replies

newwavewireless

Reply Tue 22 May, 2018 01:59 am
@jeanneherman,
yes, you can use also a bag of rice. also, you can go to the cellphone expert asap to avoid breaking it. but if you did it too late you must buy another phone coz you cant revive it.
0 Replies

Agent1741

Reply Tue 22 May, 2018 02:13 am
@jeanneherman,
I have heard about the rice trick, letting it dry out for several days is another great idea. Either way I certainly would not try to turn it on until it has been given a few days minimum to dry. I have just heard this method can work BUT I have never had any experience of this so I am not sure if or for how long it may work. if its messed up make sure you get some insurance on the replacement & a great case to protect it.
0 Replies