hey guys, do you LIKE SHOPPING ????

sozobe

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 04:55 pm
Oh, I can't stand mode two (shopping for shopping's sake) shopping with anyone else. Not husband, not friends, not nobody. It's too dependent on concentration and going where my eye takes me.

Mode one (goal-oriented) shopping can be fun with someone else. Grocery shopping, furniture shopping (when we had $$), clothes shopping for E.G. I almost always help him find clothes (by request), he never helps me, though he does occasionally have power of veto on stuff I have bought for myself. He has a pretty good eye.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 04:58 pm
Heah, Montana - maybe you could make all these guys happy - speedup genetics and buy grapefruits Shocked Myself, I prefer to stay with my lemons Cool
0 Replies

angie

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 05:12 pm
Well, "guys", I hate shopping, too. (Hope that doesn't ruin the male bonding going on here.)

I especially hate food shopping and shopping for adult clothing (dresses, suits, shoes, etc.), as opposed to t-shirts 'n jeans.

I never take anyone with me, and I always go directly to what I came for.

Christmas shopping is absolute torture (except for kiddie stuff); I figure it's payback for whatever I've done wrong during the year.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 05:14 pm
Aaaaaaaaaaaah - shopping!!!!! Drifting through aisles and shelves - imagining that thing in my home.....imagining how I could do that with what I have.....loving this piece, hating that.....sensual delight, exercise of imagination....smells.....beautiful fabrics and shapes....looking at prints....brushing against plants......the colours of planters.....these little seedlings...do I have enough sun?....would that be blasted by the afternoon heat?....riffling through BOOKS...a kid in a candy store!!!!....dipping into this....reading a little of that...so many worlds...I LOOOOOOOOVE duvet covers and manchester....how lovely that is...how would that fit my bedroom?....what would it be like waking up in that?.....MUSIC!!!!.....mmmmm...listen to this.....such a lovely voice!........oh, the clarinet and the trumpet in that jazz!......Hendrix never died!.....coffee...mmmmmmmmmmmmm....resting feet......smells....bustling people......laughing...eating...drinking.....leaning towards each other intently....LOOK at that kid!....waiters doing little preening waiterly dances, legends in their own minds....love flirting with gay waiters.....maybe he isn't?.....hmmmmmmmmm...time to go home...what did I buy? ONE book......but what fun!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 05:26 pm
I enjoy shopping in foreign countries, especially in third world countries where one can find bargains galore. Here's my short list: bought a portable bar in Chiang Mai, Thailand; a original oil painting in New Zealand; some jewelries for my wife in Thailand, Hong Kong, Tanzania, Cape Town, and Aswan; paintings in Bali, and Malaysia; baseball caps and polo shirts (mostly of Hard Rock Cafe logo) in Bali, Barcelona, Bangkok, Montreal, Kuala Lumpur, Atlanta, Charles Darwin Research Center - Galapagos; and many small gifts for our friends. Last week, I went to the local Mervyns and purchased a $40 trousers on sale for $15. Bought two. Wink
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 06:17 pm
Deb, you are a retailers dream. all those esoteric pleasures and fantasies clouding your head & scaring your plastic into hari kari. How can you flirt with gay waiters ? They probably wish the had boobs so they could talk about the bra thread that's running on screen 567 in the A2K multiplex.

Angie if you hate shopping, then have a word with Montana, she is ofthe same mind as you. so as long as you like beer you can bond with the guys
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 07:21 pm
I like sozobe's definitions: Mode One Shopping (goal-oriented) and Mode Two Shopping (shopping for shopping's sake.)

However, I cannot stand trying to get Mode One done with anyone else around to slow me down. Mode Two, however, can be fun with others...just wandering around, dreaming about stuff like dlowan said. I do this a lot on vacation, but very rarely at home.

Oh. And I never EVER take the guys with me unless we're buying something they need and they absolutely have to try it on.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 07:27 pm
hmmmmm, i thought this was going to be about the feature in the paper today about how shopping helps women live longer. must track it down.

Setanta's sell-by-date seems to have passed. Someone might be kind and let him know.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 07:42 pm
Did you know that bread has a color code? If you want to buy fresh bread, here's the color code by day of the week: Monday - blue, Tuesday - green, Thursday - red, and Friday - white. Wink
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 07:45 pm
BillW wrote:
Heah, Montana - maybe you could make all these guys happy - speedup genetics and buy grapefruits Shocked Myself, I prefer to stay with my lemons Cool

;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 07:48 pm
angie wrote:
Well, "guys", I hate shopping, too. (Hope that doesn't ruin the male bonding going on here.)

I especially hate food shopping and shopping for adult clothing (dresses, suits, shoes, etc.), as opposed to t-shirts 'n jeans.

I never take anyone with me, and I always go directly to what I came for.

Christmas shopping is absolute torture (except for kiddie stuff); I figure it's payback for whatever I've done wrong during the year.

Here angie, let me get you a stool. I'm just here with all the men talking fruit. Cheers :-)
0 Replies

angie

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 07:54 pm
Well thanks Montana !

You're talking "fruit" with the guys ? Really ?

(bananas ? sorry Laughing )
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 08:00 pm
No, actually they were all into grapefruits and lemons, but now you're talking. So, the banana are pretty ripe at this time of year, don't you think?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 08:21 pm
They're green (with envy?).
0 Replies

angie

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 08:42 pm
Not a huge fan of overly ripe "bananas".

Much prefer the younger, firm ones.

Embarrassed
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 09:04 pm
I hear ya angie and I can't wait until they get firm again in the fall. In fact I'm making about 4 banana breads tomorrow with some of my over ripe ones. Hell, when they get limp like that it's difficult to find things to do with them ;-) You know what I'm saying! Wouldn't you agree guys?
0 Replies

kev

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 09:05 pm
Setanta, I hope you didn't take my post above as an insult, I can assure you that it wasn't meant to be.

Sometimes the written word can seem to be harsh when that was not the intention.

Incidentally, the line about the relative who it took 75 marshalls to bring him down was from a simpsons episode, but it occurred to me that if you hadn't seen that episode you wouldn't see the joke,

I'm not explaining this very well am I?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 09:09 pm
Here Kev, have a grapefruit. It'll make you feel better.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 05:47 am
Noooooo! Don't fall for the grapefruit trick!

That Montana, she's sneaky. :p Wink
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 05:52 am
Don't believe him Kev. He just wants all the grapefruits to himself ;-)
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 11:29:16