hey guys, do you LIKE SHOPPING ????

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 01:03 pm
Well guys is shopping your bag, your idea of heavenly bliss ????
NO ? I didn't think it was. THRICE NO I SAY.
When my lady wife & my lady daughter mutter those endearing tones,----
"WE WANNA GO TO STEVENAGE ON SATURDAY" I cringe inwardly and switch to selective hearing mode. There are 3 huge retail parks & a large shopping mall all with lotsa parking spaces. A veritable stairway to heaven.
A minimum 6 hours of utter boredom. Plus I can forsee the Plastic groan under the weight of sales tickets as it reaches Max Out & then melts under the words "Your card has been declined sir"

I don't mind shopping on my own. I go in knowing exactly what I'm buying
Get a cart, go up & down the appropriate alleys, bish, bosh, splish, splash.
Toss the required articles in the cart, pay the bill & split. Easy peasy. Unless you have THE LIST that wife has spent hours composing & woe betide any man if the items bought don't match THE LIST
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,877 • Replies: 72
No top replies

roger

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 01:07 pm
That's it! Except what I know I want is not usually available locally, but "We can get it real quick." Internet shopping works for me.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 11:09 pm
If I have money to spend I love shopping as long as the money is there, but since I rarely have money to throw around, your way of shopping is my way of shopping. I hate when my mother comes grocery shopping with me because she is sooooooo slowwwwww!!!! I make a list before I go grocery shopping and I grab what I need and I'm out as fast as I can get out. My mom has become one of those annoying shoppers that drive me up the wall. You know the ones who park their baskets in the middle of the isle blocking all traffic. Heaven help me, LOL!!!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 04:31 am
Shopping is the product of evil genetic code in women--Montana must be genetically defective. I suppose i can tolerate the boredom, given that my sweetpie isn't spending my money. However, i refuse to do "The List," and intend to develop strategies for avoiding the grand expedition in the future.

"I'm going to Spadina, you ready?"

"Sorry, darlin', i believe i've just had a stroke--you might need to pick something up for dinner."

"I'm heading over to Warden Power Center, let's go do some shopping!"

"I'd truly love to, but i got my foot caught in a bear trap when i took the dogs to the park, so i'll be laid up for a few months."
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 04:37 am
Jeeez Setanta!!! You couldn't come up with something better than genetically defective? Now I feel like a lemon :-( LOL! Oh well, I've been called worse ;-)
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 04:37 am
My brother just got back from hols in Barcelona, and he says the hypermarkets over there have bars in them, and they're full of blokes sitting drinking by themselves while their wives/girlfriends are doing the shopping! Brilliant idea - a creche for men!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 04:40 am
Now that is a great idea. It's a wonder that it hasn't been thought of a long time ago.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 04:40 am
I think Setanta's got it. It has to be a genetic thing.

My ex could leave the house at 7am and shop until the stores closed at 10pm. I could pick up all the same items in under 20 minutes.

When I go shopping I usually know exactly what I'm looking for. Walk in, grab what I need and get the heck out.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 04:41 am
I'd be up on the bar stool with the rest of the guys waiting for mom to get done :-D
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 06:48 am
Setanta, a man amongst men. a hero to us all. take care your sell by date doesn't run out. martyrdom is fine if you first take holy orders.

love the Idea of stores having a creche for men. a franchise chain is on the horizon

Montana,, these big social gatherings in supermarkets are a real rectal pain. they block off the best ailes as well... such as the beer, CDs, magazines and other essentials. Meanwhile I'll join you in the creche & buy you a beer or 3. very refreshing. a girl who can think like a man
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 06:57 am
I wouldn't mind shopping if all the money didn't come out of my pocket which is empty to begin with lol, I found out they will let you help your wife change in victoria secret lmao. I like that bar idea for sure.
0 Replies

kev

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 07:35 am
I could really go for that creche idea Grand Duke, I'm with fishin ,decide what you want, go buy it, and get the hell out, my average shopping trip is around 15 minutes, my wife wanders round for about 3 hours before deciding what she even came in town for.

Grande Duke, I see your'e from Eboracum, I'm just down the road in Leodis.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 07:37 am
Kev, will you and yr SO be able to join us for the A2K London meet ?

Re shopping - well I love shopping, but only if it is for clothes (for myself) or electronics. But then again, I dont like spending time in the shops - do my research on the net, find what I like and then go and buy it.
0 Replies

kev

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 07:40 am
I don't know gautam, when is it?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 07:42 am
The planning/invitation thread

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11926&highlight=
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 07:54 am
NO, NO- a thousand times no.
0 Replies

kev

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 08:04 am
Gautam, Unfortunately it's too short notice, I wouldn't normally have the slightest hesitation to sample a fabulous restaurant like this, next time is a cert.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 08:23 am
kev wrote:

Always a pleasure to meet another resident of God's Own County. To be honest I'm a Geordie by birth, a Mackam by parentage, a Smoggie by upbringing and now a Tyke by residence, but hey! I don't care. If you're ever near Eboracum PM me for a couple of pints?

I went shopping today. By myself. And managed to spend £215 on clothes in 20mins. It's a year's worth though so it's good to get it out of the way before the Christmas shopping starts.

That thought has just depressed me immensely. For all we have been moaning about shopping - HOW BAD IS IT AT CHRISTMAS?!? Even going to the supermarket is a fight!
0 Replies

kev

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 09:05 am
Grand Duke wrote:
kev wrote:

Always a pleasure to meet another resident of God's Own County. To be honest I'm a Geordie by birth, a Mackam by parentage, a Smoggie by upbringing and now a Tyke by residence, but hey! I don't care. If you're ever near Eboracum PM me for a couple of pints!

Next time I'm in york I'll take you up on the couple of pints offer.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 10:11 am
Grand Duke wrote:
That thought has just depressed me immensely. For all we have been moaning about shopping - HOW BAD IS IT AT CHRISTMAS?!? Even going to the supermarket is a fight!

Christmas shopping is best done in July or via mail-order. Groceries should be stocked up on in November so you can avoid any/all stores at all cost through the holiday season.

The last time I visited a mall just before Christmas I promised myself that I'd shoot myself before ever doing it again. Those places are just insane.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » hey guys, do you LIKE SHOPPING ????
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 06:46:26