Suicide bombers to target Paul McCartney

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 02:31 am

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/127602

Quote:

McCartney Threatened with Suicide Bombing if He Sings in Israel

by Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu

(IsraelNN.com) Muslim Sheikh Omar Bakri has threatened to make singer Paul McCartney a target of suicide bombers if he carries out his plans to perform in Israel later this month, the London Sunday Express reported. One website called McCartney an infidel.

McCartney has rejected pressure by pro-Arab groups that he call off the event.

Bakri, preaching in a weekly Internet broadcast from Lebanon where he lives in exile from Britain, charged that McCartney will make "more enemies than friends" by appearing in Israel.

"If you speak about the Holocaust and its authenticity never being proved historically in the way the Jewish community portrays it, people will arrest you," he announced. "People will you say you should not speak like this. Yet they go and celebrate the anniversary of 60 years of what?

"Instead of supporting the people of Palestine in their suffering, McCartney is celebrating the atrocities of the occupiers. The one who is under occupation is supposed to be getting the help."

In an interview with the Express, he said, "Our enemy’s friend is our enemy. Thus Paul McCartney is the enemy of every Muslim. We have what we call 'sacrifice' operatives who will not stand by while he joins in a celebration of their oppression."

Omar Barghouti, of The Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel, called the threat "deplorable."

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 518 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 12:15 pm
@gungasnake,
what a pack of ******* assholes. seriously. the backlash of that act would cause so much misery to regular day to day non anything but normal folk muslims. Don't **** with people's rockstars.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 12:32 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Paul McCartney Israel Concert Will Still Go Ahead As Planned

Published Sunday, 14th September, 2008 at 11:41 AM

Sir Paul McCartney will still perform in Israel this month, even though some fans have asked the Beatles star to pull out.
The concert will be held in Tel Aviv on September 25th and marks the first time Macca can perform in the country, since the Fab Four had a concert banned there 43 years ago.
McCartney is now being asked to pull the event due to Israel's occupation of the West Bank. However, the songwriter is sticking by his own decision - telling newspaper Yedioth Ahronoth: "I refused. I do what I think, and I have many friends who support Israel."
The paper also asked Paul how his former band felt when officials banned the original 1965 performance: "A bit insulting. The Beatles had a pretty positive influence on the world and only regimes that wanted to control their peoples were afraid of us."
"We mostly laughed at the Israeli government decision."

Source: agencies, here via AngryApe

Interestingly, the Sunday Express says in the mentioned reprot that Sir Paul "refused to be intimidated".
But they gave the quotes from above as response to the thread. Which they weren't - according to Israeli papers and reports.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 08:36 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:
...what a pack of ******* assholes....

In other words, there actually is a point at which the BS starts to bother you??

You'd best act or do something quickly then since slammites appear to be quickly becoming the latest official "victim" group of the demokkkrat party.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 10:08 am
@gungasnake,
If the BS bothered me gunga I wouldn't be on A2K, much less pay any attention to world events. I just report it or comment on it. . None of it is that important to me. I'm self centered. Wink
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 11:53 pm
http://i37.tinypic.com/2w58v85.jpg

In today's Independent: My magical mystery tour

0 Replies