Lipstick on a Pig

ebrown p

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 10:22 am
@Foxfyre,
This is ridiculous... The McCain/Palin is lipstick on a pig. But, this doesn't mean that Palin is a pig.

No... Palin is the lipstick.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 10:29 am
@ebrown p,

The pig is Obama.

You can put lipstick on Obama, but he's still a pig.

Linkat

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 10:55 am
@Foxfyre,
I agree - it would have looked better for him if he simply said sorry if he offended anyone, it wasn't what he intended and then it more likely would have been dropped. Or at the very least it would have shown he was a bigger person. Instead it looks more like a black mark - even he doesn't own up to a mistake or he is an offensive person (neither of which I think he is - most likely just getting bad advice).
ebrown p

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 11:16 am
@Linkat,
When this "scandal" took place, Obama was pointing out that McCain's economic policies are the same as the failed Bush policies... these old economic policies are the pig which McCain is trotting out with new lipstick.

Have you heard any discussion of the economic points from McCain supporters in all this talk about lipstick?

Of course not... that's the point. This is a fake scandal, a cynical political move by the McCain camp to keep from having to address the real issues.

Obama should not waste time apologizing for fake scandals. If he did, the fake scandals would keep coming and the McCain ticket would be able to avoid the issues.

Obama should keep spending his time offering solutions to real problems.

revel

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 11:17 am
I doubt the whole thing either way is going to matter except for we politcal junkies both on the internet and followers of all the political news big and small on cable. Given the audience of both, doubt it will hurt him at all and so far it has not. Depending on what poll you follow, McCain's lead from the convention bump is not increasing and in some polls have either tied or Obama has went one point ahead. That might change in the weeks ahead; who really knows how all this is going to end.

(It does serve to remind people that Palin's would be policies are not any different than those we have now. On any given issue, Palin comes down the opposite on women's issues which Hillary's supporters think are important which is good for Obama's side.)

Today however, both candidate are taking a break from ads to commemorate 9/11. It is a nice and well thought action I think.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 11:39 am
Palin's use of lipstick is minor compared to Barack Obama's admitted illicit use of crack cocaine... Whose kidding who? All the lipstick in the world can paint a smile on that one.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 11:41 am
@ebrown p,
I think it is more media related - they grabbed it and ran and as a result implied Obama was making improper comments. (of course the opponents are going to jump on the band wagon and get whatever mileage they can get from it as well).

For Obama's sake, (at least in my opinion) if he simply stated that and said sorry if his comment was misunderstood, he would be looked at more favorably.

And I agree with the use of "scandal" in quotes.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 01:31 pm
@H2O MAN,

Hey Foxy, look at the company you're keeping here.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 02:06 pm
@McTag,
Welcome to the party McTag
0 Replies