Back home again. (Yay!)
And here is that recipe I promised:
CHEAT'S STICKY TOFFEE PUDDINGS:
- 100g dates, chopped
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) boiling water
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 30g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup (150g) self raising (self rising) flour
- thick cream or ice cream & extra brown sugar to serve
* Preheat oven to 160C (320F)
* Place dates, boiling water & bicarbonate of soda in a heatproof bowl & set aside for 10 minutes
* Process date mixture till smooth
*Add butter, sugar, egg & flour & process till smooth
*Pour mixture into 4 well greased 1 cup (250ml) ovenproof bowls or small pudding basins & place on a baking tray.
* Bake for 25 minutes or until puddings are tested with a skewer.
* Invert puddings onto serving plates & serve with thick cream sprinkled with extra brown sugar.