Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 04:49 pm
What would the world be like if Jesus had died in his sleep in his 70's or 80's? No one would have died for anyone's sins ... would that mean that we each had to suffer our own mistakes? Would an extra 40 years or so been enough time to get God's message out to those that needed to hear it?

Was Jesus's crucifixion scripted, so to speak, for maximum affect and if so .... to what end?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,030 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 05:03 pm
Cecil B. Demille was reincarnated according to Shirley MacLaine and he scripted the whole thing.
The studio, however, stepped in to re-edited as Cecil had Christ join a circus and die in a train wreck. They studio bosses didn't think that was believable for a general audience. Were they right?
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 05:11 pm
LW, get a grip ... they didn't have a circus back then.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 05:19 pm
Not even a train? Is that not believable? Maybe I'm off the track.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 06:06 pm
Oh theyhad trains....but no tracks..... something about hanging nads or chads.

Trains came with the accidental discovery of the steam engine by Menachen.....I forget hislast name ..he was trying to perfect a method of pressure cooking matza balls .....but thats another story
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 06:35 pm
I always thought that Marie Antoinette came up with the train idea. I know she was kicking it around. You might say she stumbled onto it. Poor thing, that same train followed her all the way to the gilloutine. Then she knew she had lost her head over the whole thing.

Back to the ranch, JC should have high-tailed it out of there when he discovered he had been betrayed. I mean when your dining out with twelve other people and getting pie eyed on cheap wine, that's no excuse for not avoiding those inept Italian soldiers. You could see those Centurions from a mile aways with that red brush thing on their helmet. If I'd been him, I would have been on a train to Egypt. He could have given a repeat performance of that parting of the Reed Sea or summoned frogs or some other nice plague. After all, Moses got away with it without being crucified.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 06:35 pm
(And thereby hangs a tale).
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 06:36 pm
(I guess JC wasn't scary enough without the big hair and huge staff like Moses).
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 09:49 pm
...JC planned on booking after that last supper gig but he met this girl there ... Alice, Alice B. Toklas ..... time flew and before he knew it here was this rooster crowing ..........a knock on the door ....... busted for ..... what did he get busted for?
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 09:57 pm
The crucifixion did not need to be scripted since any necessary revisions to the story could be made by the early church.

No one needed to die for anyone else's sins. If God cannot forgive us for being human without killing someone first, he is a pretty poor excuse for a diety.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 10:12 pm
Hi Terry!!! .... so the killing of christ was 'wag the dog'?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 10:19 pm
excuse me sir, i only have one nail left, could you please cross your legs.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 10:28 pm
Hey, the crucifixion wa really a publicity stunt to try and stave off the death of hair-metal. Wink
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 10:49 pm
Look Joseph, I can see your house from here!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 08:04 am
If the second coming actually did occur and a rabii appeared claiming he was the son of god, would we crucify him. No, we'd likely put him away in an institution. Or he'd perform a few miracles and get a prime time show to make something dissapear as a big finale -- maybe David Copperfield?
0 Replies