Until We Get Pm's...

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 01:46 pm
We can post them here.

I rarely used PM's on the old site. Now I find myself not wanting to mess up the new site by addressing a single person out of context on a thread, and wishing I had a way to communicate otherwise with a particular person.

So, until we get PM's back, maybe we can post those things here. (minus phone numbers, addresses or anything personal since it really isn't a private message.) Wink

I'll start...

Foxfyre - that thing you said on the Hello thread about that being the nicest thing you had seen posted about Kansas was funny! You are probably right. Thanks for the laugh.

Letty - I'm soooo sorry! I may have contributed to your Radio thread being downgraded. All I did was vote a thumbs down to make it collapse on my page, not realizing how the whole thing worked and now... Oh, Boy! What have I done? I collapsed a bunch of threads so I wouldn't have to go through 5 pages of new posts to find what I wanted to post to and I thought it would just collapse it for me but not make it go to the end of the line for everyone else... I'm so sorry.

ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 01:51 pm
@squinney,
To Squinney, it does not go to the end of the line for everyone else that uses "new posts". If they use "by votes", it probably goes down a smidge. (I'd have to check.)
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 01:57 pm
'Cept it went below the threshold or some such language I still don't understand like tags and tagging.

To a particular person I won't name. Would you PLEASE stop. You aren't helping.
gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 02:00 pm
@squinney,
squinney wrote:
To a particular person I won't name. Would you PLEASE stop. You aren't helping.

Sorry. I will behave in the future.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 02:01 pm
@squinney,
To Squinney, that has to do with setting your threshold - mine is set at No Collapsing, which means no one else's thumbs matter to me; I think a lot of us have our preferences set that way. Sorry I was so adamant, I forgot for a minute that some people have them set at a threshold number.
Letty

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 02:17 pm
@ossobuco,
for squinney. No problem, honey. At least you came out in the open and said it. ebrown and I agree on this.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 02:24 pm
I'm freely voting down threads in which I don't participate.

Why should any of ya'll care?
DrewDad

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 02:24 pm
@DrewDad,
I've even voted down a couple of my own threads....
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 02:26 pm
How would I know that georgeob will respond to any PM I post here? Wink
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 03:06 pm
@DrewDad,
Ditto. Right on.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 03:14 pm
I have my settings as All Time / New Posts / No Collapsing. But, I can still thumbs down a thread to have it not appear on the New Post page. My understanding is that doing so collapses the thread for me on New Posts, but also collapses it for everyone else once it gets to -15 or so. Is that correct?

Gus - I was addressing someone else on a sensitive matter. I do not believe you will ever behave, and asking you to do so would be futile... You are one of the few that I do not want to behave.

squinney

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 03:17 pm
CI - Please post all of your private messages to anyone in the world right here and I will deliver them after reading to assuring they contain no inappropriate materials. Wink
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 03:25 pm
To the girl in the pink midi t-shirt at Food Lion this afternoon... the produce section was NOT that cold... I think you liked my looks.... can I buy you a can of corn sometime?...oops this isn't craigslist is it? I'm embarassed...
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 04:00 pm
I could have sworn I saw Bipolar Bear on another thread somewhere. But here is BVT?????
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 04:23 pm
@Foxfyre,
maybe a pre switchover remnant thread...
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 04:40 pm
@Foxfyre,
Acid flash back.
0 Replies

Dudley Bowring

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 06:17 pm
Are we looking forward to PM'S?
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 06:27 pm
@Dudley Bowring,
Some do!
yitwail

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 07:01 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:
I'm freely voting down threads in which I don't participate.
Why should any of ya'll care?

because it has 2 usages: yours, which is to "ignore" a thread, and the other, to express disapproval. there would be no ambiguity if an "ignore thread" button existed, like the one for "ignore user".
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 07:06 pm
@Dudley Bowring,
"Duddles"?