Testing, testing, testing .... (very)

edgarblythe

Mon 18 Aug, 2008 06:58 pm
Hi, msolga. Good to see you again.
msolga

Tue 19 Aug, 2008 05:55 am
@dlowan,
Thanks for the (avatar help) offer, Deb. I'll give it a go soon, then ask for help if I need it.
0 Replies

msolga

Tue 19 Aug, 2008 05:56 am
@edgarblythe,
Lovely to see you, too, edgar! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Fri 22 Aug, 2008 05:54 am
Someone told me how to post images here but I can't find the post.
Can anyone online now help?
dadpad

Fri 22 Aug, 2008 07:16 am
@msolga,
click on the reply button. above the box you would normally type in are the words open BB code editor (in green). click on this.

select (click) the IMG button past the link to your photo betwwen the tag as er below.
Code:[img]http://en.wikivisual.com/images/0/0e/Tomato2.jpg[/img]

If this is your own digital photo you will need to upload the image to an internet photo site such as photo bucket.

0 Replies

msolga

Fri 22 Aug, 2008 07:22 am
Ah!

Thank you, dadpad!Very Happy

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2008/08/21/zzCartoon_gallery__564x400,0.jpg
0 Replies

msolga

Fri 22 Aug, 2008 07:30 am
& again ...

http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200808/r284715_1212186.jpg
margo

Fri 22 Aug, 2008 01:02 pm
@msolga,
Olga - there's a bloody kangaroo looking at me - what have you done!!!

He'll probably poo all over the thread!
msolga

Sun 24 Aug, 2008 02:30 am
@margo,
Not only was the thread pooed on, margo - it was also down-graded as I was learning to post images! Someone obviously was not at all impressed by my efforts!

(Come on, own up! Who did it? Evil or Very Mad )
0 Replies

msolga

Sun 24 Aug, 2008 02:32 am
Yooks, I think it just happened again! Shocked
msolga

Sun 24 Aug, 2008 02:35 am
@msolga,
(Waiting for the next down-grade. Jeez I hate this! Rolling Eyes )
dadpad

Sun 24 Aug, 2008 02:37 am
@msolga,
what makes you think its being downgraded?
msolga

Sun 24 Aug, 2008 02:39 am
@dadpad,
Because it has!!!! Laughing A few times now. I really hate this. Puts me right off.
dadpad

Sun 24 Aug, 2008 02:50 am
@msolga,
but how do you know?
msolga

Sun 24 Aug, 2008 03:06 am
@dadpad,
Because the number changed ( a few times!) Laughing

That's the usual way, isn't it?
dadpad

Sun 24 Aug, 2008 03:37 am
@msolga,
dunno i dont pay any attention to the numbers just the quality of the content.
msolga

Sun 24 Aug, 2008 03:52 am
@dadpad,
I've been trying to pay attention to all the new features of the site, dadpad, hoping it'll become a bit more understandable ... there are still things I don't "get". (Like, for example, I've posted a few times tonight, but none of my posts have appeared on the New Posts list. )
But I definitely don't like this voting stuff. Generally I come here to relax & enjoy myself & catch up on topics of interest & folk I like. Posting a fairly harmless post or engaging in a pleasant conversation, then finding you've been down-graded as a result, is, well, not a good feeling. And it does put me off. (Incidentally, I just noticed, while going through my old topics, that the (old & now defunct) Cat Room has a -1 rating. The last (& final) post was on the 11th March 2006! Someone would have gone to a bit of trouble to find that! Neutral
dadpad

Sun 24 Aug, 2008 07:20 am
@msolga,
well I dont know why that would be. all mine do. perhaps its a matter of not ahving some setting correct such as the "sort by" option. or selecting all time rather than week. maybe you clicked preview rather than "reply' What threads did you post on?

You make it seem like some kind of personal affront if someone doesnt want to view your thread and clicks to remove it from their view.
msolga

Mon 25 Aug, 2008 02:11 am
@dadpad,
No, I can't figure it out, either, dadpad.

I just posted to a thread. My post doesn't appear in "New Posts", but it does in "My Topics". I have to go to My Topics to see if there have been any responses. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what it is. Confused

As for being "personally affronted": I guess I am, a bit. Why would someone want to vote down a long-gone/completely finished (in 2006) thread, for example? Seems to me that there's absolutely no chance that they'd ever come across it at all! So why would they bother ?

But it's more that it's taken a bit of the enjoyment out of posting here for me. I have no problem with anyone not wanting to view any thread here. (There are threads I'm not interested, either.) I just think it's a real shame that our personal likes & dislikes can be translated into members' ratings, almost. That's all.

dlowan

Mon 25 Aug, 2008 02:55 am
@msolga,
Craven's saying on another thread that the voting stuff is gnna be changed somehow, because it is causing so much angst for some people....at least that's what I understand from the conversation.

I am not sure what will change, but hopefully you'll feel less affected by whatever it is.
0 Replies