Where does sin come from?

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 04:08 pm
@RexRed,
I think whether you are gay or straight is immaterial when it comes to sin. I think you don't get to decide what is and what is not sin. I think those, gay or straight, who are fully committed to God and His voice will not sin. But because we are willful or impatient people, we are not always willing to wait for God and we forge ahead and do whatever. Sometimes we get lucky and do good when we do that. And I think more often than not we will sin.

So again it doesn't matter what you think is beneficial or harmful, but what IS in fact beneficial or harmful that determines sin.

I hope you were using not wanting to continue living as a rhetorical example. You would do me a great favor here if you would clarify that.
RexRed

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 04:33 pm
@Foxfyre,
Some live but are dead already

* Romans 6:10 KJV

For in that he died , he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth , he liveth unto God.
Foxfyre

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 04:49 pm
@RexRed,
Romans 6:10 NIV

"The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God."

and v 11:
"In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus."

I prefer to think that all who would rather be in heaven than hell can get there. And I prefer to think a God big enough to get us all there wouldn't put too tight a leash on the process.

If you believe the more narrow interpretation, I am confident you will get there just the same.

But please tell me that you are not contemplating suicide. Please?
RexRed

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 04:58 pm
@Foxfyre,
I have never contemplated suicide.
Foxfyre

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 05:10 pm
@RexRed,
Thank you. Smile I wasn't sure exactly what you were saying in that earlier post and I needed to be sure.
RexRed

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 07:36 am
@Foxfyre,
I thank you very much for your concern love. a2k has at least one righteous person. Smile
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 07:42 am
my question, where does sin go?

like, you know, if it wants to get away from everything

i'm guessing disneyland
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 08:43 am
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

a sin conscious person would say because i am gay i am harming myself... but on the contrary I believe differently... I believe if i tried to be straight against my nature i would be harming myself and my industry irreparably. Perhaps i would no longer want to continue living... Who decides what is the greater harm?
The question, Rex, is whether your behavior is acceptable to God.
There is no scriptural admonition for you to have heterosexual relations, only to abstain from homosexuality. Your thoughts and inclinations are a burden to you, I'm sure; but they can be endured. (1Corinthians 7: 8,9)
RexRed

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 09:22 am
@neologist,
should homosexual love just be endured or can it be fulfilled?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 09:30 am
I am currently reading the book titled "The Well Of Loneliness", a 1928 lesbian novel by the English author Radclyffe Hall. Every time I commence reading the book it brings me to utter tears. It is perhaps the best book I have ever read. In the thousands of words in the "holy" bible none are as liberating to me as the words of Radclyffe. The bible's solution of stoning homosexuals is nothing short of a dark age and page in human history.
djjd62

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 10:18 am
@RexRed,
the bible is just a book

and not a particularly good book at that, try living your life instead
RexRed

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 10:26 am
@djjd62,
I am slowly learning that after many years of self inflicted biblical oppression.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 02:13 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

I am currently reading the book titled "The Well Of Loneliness", a 1928 lesbian novel by the English author Radclyffe Hall. Every time I commence reading the book it brings me to utter tears. It is perhaps the best book I have ever read. In the thousands of words in the "holy" bible none are as liberating to me as the words of Radclyffe. The bible's solution of stoning homosexuals is nothing short of a dark age and page in human history.
The harsh Hebrew law has been fulfilled and done away with. Nevertheless, it serves as a sign of God's displeasure wih certain acts. Many Christians struggle mightily with their imperfections, knowing that the greater good is in serving God.

You can't wiggle around this, Rex. 2Timothy 3:16 declares the entire Bible to be God's word.

I sympathize with your feeling of having been dealt a Hobson's choice, Rex. It no doubt has caused you great pain. Be assured that God's spirit will empower you to endure if you resolve not to grieve it. (Hebrews 10:26)
RexRed

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2009 06:35 am
@neologist,
I can wiggled around the bible, I can even outright reject it as the word of lunatics and Orthodox Christians simply vying for social submission to their narrow minded dogma. Paul the apostle an unmarried man telling me to marry? ...Pure and blatant hypocrisy!
neologist

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2009 02:42 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

I can wiggled around the bible, I can even outright reject it as the word of lunatics and Orthodox Christians simply vying for social submission to their narrow minded dogma. Paul the apostle an unmarried man telling me to marry? ...Pure and blatant hypocrisy!
Read Paul's writings again. Marriage is not the #1 choice.

But, more to the point:

The scriptures do not allow you to pick and choose which sections you will or will not accept. There is internal harmony and agreement which may require study and RE study.
RexRed

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2009 03:47 pm
@neologist,
No, but religious zealots certainly pick and choose out of the myriad of contradictions what they want to enforce on others. Who gets to pick Neo when the major religions of the world are killing each other over the smallest jot and tittle of the bible? And what of the word written in the heart, are the devoutly religious blinded by what is written so much that they can no longer feel the love and compassion for the so called "new law"?

"A new torah I give unto you..."

The earth is full... procreation is no longer the necessity, love and tolerance are the ways of the lord. Jesus healed the Romans homosexual partner... is that something we just sweep under the rug so we can adhere to a more hateful doctrine of blind subservience to God? That is not progressing that is going backwards and making Jesus' call to love of no effect.
neologist

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2009 05:11 pm
@RexRed,
There is no question that religious leaders have used scripture as an ambidexter implement for abomination. That is not God's fault. Remember that Satan is identified as the ruler of this world many times in the Bible.

If you want the truth you have to search for it as if it were treasure. (Matthew 13:44)
spendius

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2009 05:13 pm
@RexRed,
Well--that is certainly a respectable argument.

What do we do with the women Rex?

And will the elderly be supportable?

Is it fun?
RexRed

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2009 06:25 pm
@neologist,
Why search the word for something already found in you heart?
RexRed

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2009 06:31 pm
@spendius,
Well both women and men need to learn that procreation is not the primary way to please God... People will procreate anyway... but living in moderation and loving one another in acceptance and toleration of social diversity is the way today to win the heart of God's divine favor.
0 Replies