p. 6 of WHO POSTED THIS?

Mapleleaf

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 09:39 pm
VENETIA IS THE CORRECT ANSWER.

WHO POSTED THIS?

Author 8 of ten:

1st
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. I emailed the new host asking how to get linux with cpanel instead of FreeBSD with "vdeck". (I currently don't have a cpanel). They gave me a link to the vdeck - I cannot open it at work, but can at home (looks like our firewall doesn't like port 8087). At the moment, I'm still a bit confused on the differences between Linux/FreeBSD and cpanel/vdeck, and no access during the day may be a problem.

Can Gary's example be used with bbcode instead of html to get photos within a post?

I was hoping to tweak the board a bit while I'm trying to figure out the host info, but will follow your guidance.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2003 08:10 am
2nd
Quote:
I'm still working on content, but have 2 questions regarding making the sites more user friendly:

1. How can I add a link to the forums from the front page, and a link to the front page on the forums?

2. How can I automatically link the subject to the post (ie. DHS football history title on front page is automatically linked to t=19)?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2003 02:19 pm
gadgetaddict?

Is there any prize for knowing what on earth they're talking about?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2003 02:21 pm
Very Happy
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2003 08:01 pm
3rd
Quote:
Thanks again for the help and the feedback.
In response to your comments:
1. Since the redirect enables me to host both sites in one account, are there other methods of doing the same thing, or should I open another account at intermedia or another provider and move one of the sites?
2. I have a zrock logo I will use to replace the default, will come up with one for the danbury site.
3. Not sure what I'm looking for regarding cleaning up the code
4. I am curious about the banners - is phpAdsNew hard to set up?

The Danbury school colors are black and gold - if I were to change the colors or find a similar style, is that a hard process to implement?

Any suggestions on what would be my next course of action (other than getting some content posted and users registered?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2003 09:17 pm
um, zrock?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2003 09:20 pm
Mapleleaf wrote:
3rd
Quote:

2. I have a zrock logo I will use to replace the default, will come up with one for the danbury site.

seems likely, mac, but..... he's sneaky, that mapleleaf!
0 Replies

jackie

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 08:02 am
Hi mac and margo,

It truly is zrock- I was reading that topic the other day, "how to configure ...a vanilla board" or some such, but like you, I did not know what they were talking about so I shut down and got involved in something else Very Happy .
But I went back today, when I read your answer, and read further... there it is.
Good to see you are playing.
jackie
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 01:06 pm
ZROCK IS THE CORRECT ANSWER.

WHO POSTED THIS?

Author 9 of ten:

1st
Quote:
While I agree it is wrong to destroy everything around us, nature doesn't support that at all. When we destroy everything around us there is no nature or home or food or friends. Nature just wants us to compete with other creatures for food. (I think we should keep competing so someday we'll have a perfect species... but yeah) It is more humans who destroy everything around tehm through carelessness
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 06:21 pm
Quote:
2nd Techno is the best type of music ever.... and by techno I mean: Trance
Drum&Bass
House
VGMuse
SynthPop
JPop
Europop

I love the amazing beats the exciting climax the crazy spaceygirls and how they talk in french etc. I love teh little catchy background music too I love the way that you can shake your ass ghetto booty style or morph into a robot to dance to this amazing music!!! Tell me why you love techno-----
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 06:43 pm
I read this - but didn't know what they were talking about either! I think I'm mostly out of my depth on this board Confused

Tyrius?
0 Replies

jackie

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 08:23 pm
I don't know Techno.
But I know this is Tabernacle.I just read it on the Music and Lyrics forum.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 10:07 am
TABERNACLE IS THE CORRECT ANSWER.

WHO POSTED THIS?

Author 10 of ten:

1st
Quote:
I plucked a rose today.
The softness of the moist petals are unique to flowers.
I do not know what is this material- so fragrant,
so vulnerable to all crushing- at the least bit of abandoning, drying, weighting.

Yes, love is often characterized by a rose.
Just that fragile,
just that beautiful, tempting and inviting.
And in just that much need of care.

T. E. and your keys... You say a LOT of your expectations in finding this rose bud... you say a lot of what you want from it- you did not say at all, what you do for your rose?
0 Replies

jackie

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 05:00 pm
Very Happy
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 08:22 pm
2nd
Quote:
Daylight is my joy, Setana. As you said, the things I DO to have sustenance for survival are peripheral, my life revolves around light and sound. Totally involving other people.

As now, I am happy to make your 'written' acquaintance. I enjoyed your beginning words for this topic- very pleasant.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 09:19 pm
rose

from Setanta's "roof" thread
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 08:17 am
ROSE IS THE CORRECT ANSWER.

This concludes the activity.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 10:10 am
Thanks for the fun, Mapleleaf! Very Happy
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 12:53 pm
Go, Mapleleaf! Razz

Well done!!!
0 Replies

Rose

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 05:25 pm
It looks like fun Mapleleaf, but mostly for those familiar with members of able2know, for awhile.
I seriously doubt I could find any.
But I am honored to be chosen as a 'guessee'.
0 Replies