p. 6 of WHO POSTED THIS?

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 04:39 pm
I will provide you with a quote taken from an individual's writings. This includes new and old members, as well as repeats of members names (not quotes).

Your job is to identify the author of that post. Speculation is encouraged. In the event you are unable to name the individual, a clue will be provided.

The game is over when the correct author's name is posted by me. Page 6 will involve ten authors. Then, there will be a break to prepare page 7.

WINNERS FROM PAGE 5: jackie, Raggedyaggie, safecracker, Verbal Lee,

THE TOTAL WINNERS FROM THE ORIGINAL WHO POSTED THIS AND PAGES 1, 2, 3, 4 AND 5 ARE: Acquiunk, BillW, Bi-Polar Bear, Charli, dlowan, ehBeth, Eva, fishin', Gautam, hiama, hugefan, jackie, jespah, JLNobody, littlek, mac11 ,Margo ,Montana, patiodog, PDiddie, pueo, Rae, Raggedyaggie, Roberta, safecracker, Setanta, Sofia, sozobe, Swimpy, Quinn1, Verbal Lee, Wilso

If I have left you out of the winners, please PM me.

WHO POSTED THIS?

Author 1 of ten.

1st
Quote:
To me, the loss of jobs to "foreign" companies is a wonderful thing. Like a performance review it tells us where we are not performing well, and therefore should either quit or push to a whole new level.

It's called competition. I always try harder when someone else is running very hard with me. Bring it on! Everyone on the planet will be better for it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,923 • Replies: 66
No top replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 06:50 pm
2nd
Quote:
Dude, you are missing the golden opportunity to get both girls in the same room to discuss the events that have transpired. Have a sit down, provide lots of alcohol (since one obviously has a problem with it), dim lighting and Sinatra and hopefully a "spontaneous" three way will emerge from it.

And, no, I'm not stalking you, just noticed your name in here and had to add my two cents.

And, yes, you are most definitely a scum bag. No offense.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 09:00 pm
Shocked
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 01:36 am
3rd
Quote:
I had that problem with AT&T sending me bills for 5 cents, 30 cents, etc. Finally I just sent them a check for $10. This way your account is credited and you just get statements showing you how far your balance is down.

BTW, a month after I did this, AT&T sent me a notification that they were changing their billing routine and that no bills smaller than $2 would be sent. Figures.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 08:18 am
4th
Quote:
……..can I have your dream. Action, hot chicks, helicopters. Cool. One question: Why are you trying to save your boss? Weird, man.

eoe, I've tried doing that, but had no success. I'm with PD's theory on when and how you wake up. I wake up rather quickly and am immediately aware of what's going on around me. Time, strange noises, whether my son's moving or awake, etc. I wonder if waking suddenly can squash the memory before I have time to even consider if I've had one.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 02:23 pm
BEACHBUM
0 Replies

Verbal lee

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 06:56 pm
Yeah, Margo- beachbum said one of them-

but Codeborg said one....

Mapleleaf??
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 08:36 pm
Mmmmmm.....it was suppose to be CodeBorg. Guess I goofed.

WHO POSTED THIS?

Author 2 of ten:

1st
Quote:
Jeez! Whadda y'all mean there ain't no bubbly!
We didn't drink all of it last night while you were skiving off!

Well - what else is there - it's just lunchtime, and I have a tragically boring afternoon ahead!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 08:52 pm
Eva?
0 Replies

jackie

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 12:41 am
Sounds like Slappy doo hoo to me.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 01:12 am
2nd
Quote:
It's not just the drought here - around _ _ _ _ _ _ we've got bushfires again, and the season has only just started. The hot, blustery winds are here with a vengeance. They make excellent bushfire weather. I dread to think what the summer will be like.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 08:05 am
3rd
Quote:
Jeez, they eat some funny things over there - what's this obsession with donuts? Little balls of larded carbohydrates, fried in fat, and dusted in sugar or other sweeties, to make some sort of lethal cholersterolic weapon!
And then there's bagels!

And no mention at all of a good meat pie!
0 Replies

jackie

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 09:46 am
Just kidding Margo Smile

Answer is Margo
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 11:42 am
THE CORRECT ANSWER IS MARGO.

WHO POSTED THIS?

Author 3 of ten:

1st
Quote:
_ _ _ _ _ - Karina Gauvin, magic words, those. I just this moment came back from the opera. Don Pasquale. Karina Gauvin was not in it, but Tracy Dahl was. The roll was perfect for her. Peter Stummer was terrific as the Don. Good show all around.
0 Replies

jackie

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 12:39 pm
Margo, remember reading "A walk in the Woods"?

You posted there just a few days ago.

so did

Elegantfowl
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 01:28 pm
jackie wrote:
Just kidding Margo Smile

Answer is Margo

Sheesh! - it wasn't until it got to the 3rd quote I recognised myself! Confused Shocked

Yep! Next one is Elegant Fowl - I remember that!

Right twice in a row, Jackie - Wow!
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 03:40 pm
ELEGANT FOWL IS THE CORRECT ANSWER.

WHO POSTED THIS?

Author 4 of ten:

1st
Quote:
…must have...I just like to play with numbers. An effective system, service and dependability are important now. When something works, it sometimes takes great disipline to avoid tinkering too much. Tinkering and over analyzing have gotten me into trouble before...it's like being an alcoholic
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 08:06 pm
2nd
Quote:
This posting opened the door to what comforts us. It is worth taking the time to review. I want to react to some of his detailed responses:

Oh yes, I like time to myself. When my wife leaves the help with the Gndkid or meet a friend, it is an opportunity for me. I have told her the same so that she doesn't feel guilty driving two hours to help with the new baby. Sometimes she is gone for days.

The ocean, a thunderstorm, wind in the trees...nature definitely comforts my soul.

I love, love, love going to bed in a cold room with my flannel PJs and a thick
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 01:30 am
Pueo
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 02:50 am
No.

3rd
Quote:
I must be losing it...you know...nutty. I am a serious bahumbug fellow...Oh boy, 62 and descenting steadily back into my youth. Now, where did I put my RED RYDER b-b gun?
0 Replies